Attendance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looked okay on TV. Alabama had empty corners in the end zone.

Reaction Score
That was one of the best games ever in our stadium. I have no idea how many fans wound up showing up but the fans who did, really turned it into a true home field advantage.

This. It was not the same as the whole stadium being involved when it was full. But those who were there were incredibly involved from start to finish. And even in 241, a lot of folks were just standing on every defensive snap the fourth quarter.

Reaction Score
businesslawyer said:
This. It was not the same as the whole stadium being involved when it was full. But those who were there were incredibly involved from start to finish. And even in 241, a lot of folks were just standing on every defensive snap the fourth quarter.

And nobody even yelled at me to sit down.

Reaction Score
The gray lot was fuller than any other game this season, so I had some hope for a fair crowd. The Rent was embarrassingly empty for the Senior Day ceremony and well into the first quarter. It looked too much like this week's UCF game for a little too long. The crowd filled in during Q1. Security at the entrances didn't seem any more intense than previous home games, so that shouldn't have delayed fans.

Don't forget the security manager with zero concept of the moment who moved everyone who was on the concourse above the lower bowl and cheering for the seniors back behind the red line when there was still 15 minutes to kick off.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The crowd looked decent on TV and sounded good. Bring back the days of 40k screaming fans - Pitt, Baylor, WVU etc. Our attendance is really all about season tickets due to the weather. If we can boost the base we'll be okay next year. We don't have strong sales in the week or so prior to the games - maybe 3-5k.

Reaction Score
Totally drained by game's conclusion. Outstanding performance both on the field & in the stands. Haven't felt so euphoric after a game since that OT win against West Virginia followed by going for it on 4th down against PITT. That double pass play was genius. When I coached midget football, my team ran that play in every scrimmage for fun, but we NEVER used it in a game. That was definitely thinking outside the box.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the security manager with zero concept of the moment who moved everyone who was on the concourse above the lower bowl and cheering for the seniors back behind the red line when there was still 15 minutes to kick off.
This guy was a clown. He did the same to people who watch the band pregame show.

Reaction Score
Almost bailed on this game when none of my usual crew wanted to go. Bit the bullet Thursday and checked out discount tix but didn't want to sit up top. Snagged a single seat in 103 and it was rockin for the whole game.
Cheering and stomping every 3rd down D play turned into insane cheering on every D play in the second half.

Great day. Great win.
Yeah, we have that rep in 103. We're rabble rousers.;)

Reaction Score
Crowd was great. Love the 3:30 start time moving into the evening. Crowd is much louder

Reactions: TKs

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The crowd reminded me more of the Pitt OT Hernandez game. Lots of people left for overtime and those that remained were well rewarded. The crowd was vocal and into the game. No it was not Pitt in 04, and many games between 03- 11 in terms of size. But this is the true building block that the program needed to get fans back in the stadium.

Reaction Score
CUYUY-xVAAE6uO8.jpg

Reaction Score
If you were in the crowd last night I'm not sure how you pass up getting season tickets next year especially considering we will have enough a much more desirable slate of games

C

Chief00

Crowd was great. Love the 3:30 start time moving into the evening. Crowd is much louder

I agree the AD needs to minimize Noon games; you can't keep making the same mistake over and over- I recognize there is some TV dependancy but still we can negociate much better.

Reaction Score
I agree the AD needs to minimize Noon games; you can't keep making the same mistake over and over- I recognize there is some TV dependancy but still we can negociate much better.

LOL, no, we cant. It's in the conferences hands to negotiate, not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom