Attendance question | The Boneyard

Attendance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A friend indicated they might want to go to the Creighton game so I looked at tickets available on the UConn website. There were no tickets available on the lower sections on the sides. He decided not to go and I ended up watching the game on TV.
I noticed on TV that there were quite a few empty seats in those sections. Are there a lot of season ticket holders that don't attend? Tickets for opposing team? Or what?

And a related question: If you get tickets late, where would you choose to sit at Gampel? Higher up on sides? Closer at ends or corners?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
A friend indicated they might want to go to the Creighton game so I looked at tickets available on the UConn website. There were no tickets available on the lower sections on the sides. He decided not to go and I ended up watching the game on TV.
I noticed on TV that there were quite a few empty seats in those sections. Are there a lot of season ticket holders that don't attend? Tickets for opposing team? Or what?

And a related question: If you get tickets late, where would you choose to sit at Gampel? Higher up on sides? Closer at ends or corners?
Not to necessarily answer that question but there is another question you need to ask at Gampel. Bench or real seats. It can make a huge difference over three hours.

Reaction Score
Not sure how many tickets you or your friend needed but I have never had a problem buying tickets 3o minutes before the game from the scalpers. I find that I can always get the best tickets in this manner. For a game against Creighton you would have been able to get lower seats at face value. For a Duke, SC or Notre Dame type game, the good seats (lowers) will run $40-50 and the higher up seats (in my mind there are no BAD seats in Gampel) will run $20-30.

I'm heading to Notre Dame for the game on the 6th-I'll find out if the same holds true at the Joyce Center-fingers crossed!!

Reaction Score

I am a season ticket holder but if I were not I would get to the games about 1 hour before game time and buy from a scalper. They always have good lower bowl seats for about $40.00. I know people who do that and they USUALLY get a better seat than I have. Big games like ND, Standford, Duke, etc is more of a problem and more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom