Att: Visiting southern and midwestern hayseeds | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Att: Visiting southern and midwestern hayseeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Actually if you read back people really said those things about OU, the gameday atmosphere, and ISU. I left out Baylor but they also said Baylor was a C-USA type school as well. Yes I agree, that they are ridiculous statements as well, but they did make them, that is a fact.

YEah. That someone was RGIII, moron.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Why are you so hell bent on bashing ISU? They are in a power conference and have AAU status, hopefully someday you can achieve both of those things like they have. There is no need to trash them, they are good people. Honestly they are some of the most friendly and humble fans you will ever run across.

How come they suck so bad at sports?

UCONN has as many bowl wins in 10 years and they do in 100.

Reaction Score
Actually it does in statistics... You take your best and your worst and you remove them. More importantly what you really want to do is look at your STD Deviation. This will tell you more about where we are trending. Oh, and when it comes to stats, there are many rules you can imply. To what level of confidence do you want your data to represent. Keep in mind for a medical company it is 99.99% or roughly 6 sigma for general manufacturing it might be 95%. But I don't want to get into a stats 101 class. Just want to point out that a more reasonable approach is to take your best and worst attendance and get rid of them.

To help clarify for those who have the appropriate level statistical background:
The Michigan game of 42K I am guessing is our upper outlier and the 17K is our lower outlier. Then see how we are doing - are we trending down? But see with our new coach how we do with attendance in game 1. See if in general December attendance is down. We have how many December games historically to compare to? Track this is comparison to the weather (climate and precipitation) Also, and this may be hard but if we have an idea of the breakdown by age of the ticket holders we may be able to correlate weather to certain age groups. I do not expect to see many 4 year old ticket holders and their parents going to game in Dec when it is below 30 and snowing or in the 40's and raining with lots of wind. By understanding the variables you do have the right to throw what you might consider an accurate particular data point away even if it is the general area of the other data points. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND YOUR VARIABLES!!!
You are thinking too much. What matters is now, not 10 years ago. 10 years ago TCU and Boise were nobodies. Now they are well known. How about Oregon, they have come a long way. UConn has come a long way in 10 years for that matter includiong CC's and a BCS game.

If taking 10 years of data makes you happy than so be it. To CFB fans 10 years ago does not mean much when you watch a game today.

BTW taking your best and worst game out last year does not change your average attendance. not sure what you accomplished by doing that.

Reaction Score
How come they suck so bad at sports?

UCONN has as many bowl wins in 10 years and they do in 100.
Good question. I think they are at a recruiting disadvantage as most 18 year olds don't dream of moving to Ames. Aside from that I don't know why. They are good people, I do know that. You don't have to worry about someone throwing piss, batteries, fecies, etc.. like a Louisville or WVU game.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
BTW taking your best and worst game out last year does not change your average attendance. not sure what you accomplished by doing that.

Do they have math in Oklahoma?

Not just addin' and subtractin' but you know, that fancy math?

Like statistics?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Actually your posters said that as well. Thanks for the insult, it only makes you look bad

It might make me look bad, but your comment about math makes you look stupid.

But I suspect you are too stupid to realize that.

Reaction Score
So I am cherry picking by using the most recent numbers available for attendance, and posting them. But you are going back 10+ years and claim there was 10k people at a game with no proof and that's not cherry picking? LAffin.
What happened 10 years ago has nothing to do with today. You have no idea how you are making yourself look like a fool right now.

You guys really seem to take pride in a Baylor win a few years ago as well. Bragging about beating Baylor is kinda weak if you ask me. It wasn't like they were beating up on everybody at that time. 1 minute you say they are C-usa, and the next you act like it was the best win in your history. Which is it?

okielite,

The reason you are drawing the ire of many UConn fans is because you are cherry picking data, for instance, the 17K and 22K attendance figures that closed out this year. I've attached a chart that depicts UConn's attendance from 2009-2013. 3 years ago, after our BCS appearance, we hired a coach. I didn't work out so well (he was fired a few games into this season). Prior to his reign I don't believe we had a game under 30K. I remember a game in 2006 that drew 33K and it was the second lowest at that point. But, it was nothing compared to closing out this season. And in fairness to fans that day, the deep freeze had rolled into Connecticut. So, stop using two games that took place at the lowest part of our truly over-achieving era to define us.

Lastly when you say stuff that's really, really, obvious that is so far, far after the fact, it doesn't go over well.

UConn-Attendance-2009-2013.jpg

Reaction Score
You are thinking too much. What matters is now, not 10 years ago. 10 years ago TCU and Boise were nobodies. Now they are well known. How about Oregon, they have come a long way. UConn has come a long way in 10 years for that matter includiong CC's and a BCS game.

If taking 10 years of data makes you happy than so be it. To CFB fans 10 years ago does not mean much when you watch a game today.

The only "history" (a few outliers from distant past notwithstanding) that anyone can muster for Baylor, TCU, and Iowa State is the last ten years. Aren't they fortunate to be in Power 5?

You've already conceded these points, yet for some reason still seem offended at the notion that, historically (i.e., beyond ten years ago), these schools closely parallel modern C-USA/AAC/MWC programs.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The only "history" (a few outliers from distant past notwithstanding) that anyone can muster for Baylor, TCU, and Iowa State is the last ten years. Aren't they fortunate to be in Power 5?

You've already conceded these points, yet for some reason still seem offended at the notion that, historically (i.e., beyond ten years ago), these schools closely parallel modern C-USA/AAC/MWC programs.
Half the ACC is fortunate to be in the "Power 5."

Reaction Score
Half the ACC is fortunate to be in the "Power 5."

If the NCAA were blown up and the Power 5 recomprised, BC and WF might be sweating, but that's all. When considering the whole package of football, basketball, academics, demographics, alumni base, "tradition", every other school in the ACC is fine. I think UConn should have gotten in ACC (and wanted so) over BC and Louisville, but I still think Louisville, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh have plenty of "Power 5 Collegiate Athletic Conference" credentials... BC and Wake, not as many.

Reaction Score
I don't have an axe to grind with Baylor, but let's take a look at their attendance. UConn drew more fans than them in 2009. After that they likely benefitted from a fairly decent QB and we went down the dark path.

I also don't have anything against Iowans, but having spent some time in rural locals, there's not a whole lot to do. These football games are the social highlight for many residents. When donkey basketball draws 10,000 people you know you're not in Kansas anymore, or did I get that backwards. . .

Baylor Attendance 2009-2013.png

Reaction Score

Pointing out that, this is something you can do - you questioned it, I stated what would be fair. I was agreeing with you on part of what you were saying but also trying to explain the complexity of statistical figures which is why I like to see the raw data and come to conclusions for myself.

Also try this taking the highest and lowest numbers away doesn't give you the exact same average, however, it may be close I would have to look at the sample number breakdown for each data point and see if we truly have an outlier. Lets use some simple numbers for our friend here? Sample population your test scores (35/100, 42/100, 53/100, 85/100, 45/100). Add these up and divide by 5 - you get a 52 and in the college you attend that translates to an "A+" - good job. Now lets look at the outliers, 35 versus 85. the 35 is how many standard deviations away from the average of 52? In this case it is one. Now look at the average of 52 and compare it to the outlier of 85 - how many standard deviations is that away? (Answer: approximately 2) So in this case, I could make the argument of throwing away just the 85 and keeping everything else in my data set. By doing this, you would have a 41.25 or for you, because we would round, a 41 average - in this case the college would award you an (A-). Now even if I subtract the highest and lowest as I suggested is something you could do but it is not something you have to do - would get this for an average 46.667, or 47 which where you got to school would be a solid "A". And if you still have questions please re-read the post by itgoeslike. He was providing you with some good data but also explaining to you what the significance of some of the lower value data represents. I am, like all of us here are, suggesting that we may be able to look at these last two years as an anomaly.

I was also pointing out that I don't know all the variables in deciding why some games had lower attendance or higher attendance numbers, but people throw out numbers like they are 7 years old and they can finally count to a hundred. I am suggesting that we have some data but I hinted that we need more. I also hinted at the fact that we need to understand the variables that lead to the outcome of each data point. I also stated that I wasn't looking to get into the statistics in a lengthy complicated discussion. But throwing stats around like a headline marginalizes the truth IMO. With a lager population of data, we may be able to consider a variable by season like who was coach for that particular season.

Ever gamble?
Here is one, like black jack, roulette, or Craps, well of the three which gives you the best odds. Answer: Craps. - but look it up yourself. Point being, like as in metaphor, these are just games, and I can tell you that when you start out, you have better than a 50/50 chance at winning at the Craps table (roll a seven or an eleven - you win, and so long as you roll these you can keep wining, but role something else, and you need to re-roll that number without rolling a seven or an eleven otherwise you lose. Now using stats, roll a seven, what is the likelihood that you roll a seven again - it is less than 50% see each time you roll the odds of you rolling that combination go down each time. So you need to know the data - the variables, the first time you roll a seven the odds are statistically in your favor, but the next time they are not. This is what I was alluding to when it comes to attendance. What are all the variables??? I could go on, but I wouldn't want your head to explode.

Reaction Score
Pointing out that, this is something you can do - you questioned it, I stated what would be fair. I was agreeing with you on part of what you were saying but also trying to explain the complexity of statistical figures which is why I like to see the raw data and come to conclusions for myself.

Also try this taking the highest and lowest numbers away doesn't give you the exact same average, however, it may be close I would have to look at the sample number breakdown for each data point and see if we truly have an outlier. Lets use some simple numbers for our friend here? Sample population your test scores (35/100, 42/100, 53/100, 85/100, 45/100). Add these up and divide by 5 - you get a 52 and in the college you attend that translates to an "A+" - good job. Now lets look at the outliers, 35 versus 85. the 35 is how many standard deviations away from the average of 52? In this case it is one. Now look at the average of 52 and compare it to the outlier of 85 - how many standard deviations is that away? (Answer: approximately 2) So in this case, I could make the argument of throwing away just the 85 and keeping everything else in my data set. By doing this, you would have a 41.25 or for you, because we would round, a 41 average - in this case the college would award you an (A-). Now even if I subtract the highest and lowest as I suggested is something you could do but it is not something you have to do - would get this for an average 46.667, or 47 which where you got to school would be a solid "A". And if you still have questions please re-read the post by itgoeslike. He was providing you with some good data but also explaining to you what the significance of some of the lower value data represents. I am, like all of us here are, suggesting that we may be able to look at these last two years as an anomaly.

I was also pointing out that I don't know all the variables in deciding why some games had lower attendance or higher attendance numbers, but people throw out numbers like they are 7 years old and they can finally count to a hundred. I am suggesting that we have some data but I hinted that we need more. I also hinted at the fact that we need to understand the variables that lead to the outcome of each data point. I also stated that I wasn't looking to get into the statistics in a lengthy complicated discussion. But throwing stats around like a headline marginalizes the truth IMO. With a lager population of data, we may be able to consider a variable by season like who was coach for that particular season.

Ever gamble?
Here is one, like black jack, roulette, or Craps, well of the three which gives you the best odds. Answer: Craps. - but look it up yourself. Point being, like as in metaphor, these are just games, and I can tell you that when you start out, you have better than a 50/50 chance at winning at the Craps table (roll a seven or an eleven - you win, and so long as you roll these you can keep wining, but role something else, and you need to re-roll that number without rolling a seven or an eleven otherwise you lose. Now using stats, roll a seven, what is the likelihood that you roll a seven again - it is less than 50% see each time you roll the odds of you rolling that combination go down each time. So you need to know the data - the variables, the first time you roll a seven the odds are statistically in your favor, but the next time they are not. This is what I was alluding to when it comes to attendance. What are all the variables??? I could go on, but I wouldn't want your head to explode.
I did make one error as I did not copy the exact numbers over in my spreadsheet, the average calculation I used to derive the number 41.25 or for you, a 41 average should be a value 43.75 average..or 44 but you would still have an A-

Reaction Score
Stray Dog,

In the specific case of UConn's 2013 football attendance, dropping the high and the low had negligible effect on the average, and thus okielite stated such (even though it may have sounded like a general comment, which would have been incorrect).

Reaction Score

Baylor and TCU played in the SWC for a good part of their history. SWC was a power conference as it included Texas, Atm, Tech, and Arkansas. They won National championships and have competed at the highest level in FB. TCU won 2 national championships and a heisman while in the SWC. They have 17 conference championships. TCU was in a power conference for most of it's history minus 96-2011. Baylor was somewhat lucky to make the jump from the SWC to the Big 12 but theya have been in a power conference for decades at this point. They have not had much success aside from the last few years but thier AD is doing great at numerous sports aside from FB.
ISU is like many state schools in the midwest as a little brother to the Hawkeyes but they are a more basketball focusd school when you look at history but they have had a few successful runs with bowl games and such. They have a number of national championships in wrestling. The thingg about them is the support even during the bad years. They sold 43k season tickets last year and had a terrible season. Imagine what they could do with success like what you had in 2010. They also travel well somewhat like Nebraska fans but on a smaller scale.

I'd say your comments most closely fit Baylor and somewhat ISU, but not TCU. ISU hasn't acomplished anything in the last 10 years though. TCU has accomplished more than most people realize. They have a nice trophy case filled with the kind of hardware only winning will get you. They have been successful in FB everywhere they go.

I guess in some ways what you said is a compliment considering that beyond 10 years UConn FB was not even in this division of football. UConn is sorta like Boise in that way coming up from FCS level competetion in the not so distant past. Makes it even that much more impressive what UConn has done is such a short time.

Reaction Score
Stray Dog,

In the specific case of UConn's 2013 football attendance, dropping the high and the low had negligible effect on the average, and thus okielite stated such (even though it may have sounded like a general comment, which would have been incorrect).
I agree, but my point was that we might be able to make an argument for removing even more data points to illustrate what is going on at the Rent. In other words, we have a theory, there are outliers which skew the data to that theory. Two things could have happened, the theory is not sound or there is "bad data". I just didn't want anyone going under the assumption that if you have several data points that are skewed to one side that you can remove them all, but that when you do remove them and recalculate the data, the data may take the form of a more traditional bell curve. Also, if we were to look at all the data points for attendance without associating time would we have a bell curve or would it tail off to one side - skewing the data?

So you are correct, simply removing the upper and lower value may seem negligible. However, should we keep the Michigan game which does demonstrate that when the fans are excited about UConn football, they will attend. In general it is the coach that needs to exude this excitement and lets be honest PP made a morgue look entertaining. So what is the theory, that UConn fans won't attend football games regardless of what is happening - or that we wont attend football games that offer no excitement. At the end of the day it is about entertainment and as others have alluded to there are other things in CT to do besides attend a football game. So another variable would be what other forms of entertainment were also available to CT residents in lieu of UConn football. This would be a great marketing study - to really see how much interest there is in UConn football when you compare it to the other viable options. It could be that your average student was having tests that particular week which is why they were leaving early or not going.

Sure other schools may be able to say the same thing regarding school work but your average CT resident who supports UConn couldn't go - and our demographics are likely different too. Look at the UConn Husky alumni and you will see that we are in an infancy as for developing a large Alumni base willing to support Uconn Football. For example, how many people reminisce about the Hartford Whalers... Time is the telling variable and time will let us judge which data points are correct, right now we have theories, and my heart is telling me in DIACO I trust at least for the moment!

Reaction Score
okielite,

The reason you are drawing the ire of many UConn fans is because you are cherry picking data, for instance, the 17K and 22K attendance figures that closed out this year. I've attached a chart that depicts UConn's attendance from 2009-2013. 3 years ago, after our BCS appearance, we hired a coach. I didn't work out so well (he was fired a few games into this season). Prior to his reign I don't believe we had a game under 30K. I remember a game in 2006 that drew 33K and it was the second lowest at that point. But, it was nothing compared to closing out this season. And in fairness to fans that day, the deep freeze had rolled into Connecticut. So, stop using two games that took place at the lowest part of our truly over-achieving era to define us.

Lastly when you say stuff that's really, really, obvious that is so far, far after the fact, it doesn't go over well.

View attachment 5403

I guess I just don't like making excuses about stuff like that. If the fans didn't show up for one reason or another live with it. TCU fans did that this year claiming it was too hot to go to the games, I thought it was pretty weak.

As far as your example, you are somparing a down Baylor to an up Uconn then you don't want to compare after that becasue they go up and you go down. I would hope you could outdraw a little bible school when they are down and you are up.

I undersatnd that with your background eliminating some data may be common. I took statistics back in college but that was 15 years ago and I don't use it in my work so I can't say it crosses my mind much. Thanks for putting that together, it paints a clear picture of UConn attandance during better times.

Good fans show up no matter what, losing , cold, etc.. Nebraska has sold out for over 50 years. Didn't matter if it was cold or if they were losing, they support the team. I assume this is the same with PSU near your neck of the woods and a handful of other schools in the country. Losing half your average attandance becasue it's cold or you lost a game the week before is weak. Kansas calls them the iron asses, they show up no matter what.

Your data does show that when you are successful your attandace goes up to a respectable level. The problem is that most teams can get fans to show up when they win, it's when they lose that is the problem. At some point every team loses and has a bad year. Being able to maintin and grow a good fanbase is essential. The problem is that winning in a new leage can be more difficult. See TCU and WVU, they have both been beat up the last 2 years insted of winning conference titles. When this happens attandace tanks, as it did for both of them.

For example Duke had the biggest season in thier history. Still had games in the low 20's. That is simply not acceptable for power conference football IMO. I know you guys threw out a couple of Big 12 teasm who you thought didn't belong in a power conference. I"d say Duke, Wake, and BC are also good candidates to be cut if a football league was formed with only legitimate programs. Any team in a power confernce that is close to the current 15k threshold for FBS shoulod be left behind IMO. If in your best years you can only draw 20k fans you don't belong in a big tie football league. Minimum average should be at least 30k IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Okielite, this is a multi-dimensional argument. Yes, UConn football is behind. That is largely an artifact of having come late to top level football, basically we have 10 years of football history. Fandom is a matter of habit, often the habits of rooting for a team are developed as children, generations of Connecticut children did not grow up with a habit of rooting for UConn football. They have started doing that and over a few generations, UConn will have built up its fan base to a level commensurate with its status as a state flagship institution.

What will that status be? Connecticut has about the same population as Oklahoma or Kansas or Iowa, but there is only one university in the state, so no division of loyalties. Imagine combining Oklahoma and Oklahoma State into a single program, Kansas and Kansas State into a single program, or Iowa and Iowa State into a single program. That is what UConn football will be.

We've used basketball to illustrate the potential of UConn football. Basketball has the history and track record that football needs another 30 years to build.

We've shown you the commitment of the state to UConn football, as illustrated in first-rate facilities.

If you dismiss everything but football as unimportant, and judge us on football only, we'll certainly acknowledge that football is not there yet. But if we get into a power conference, nothing will stop us from getting there. I for one am confident we'll get there even if we remain in the AAC - but it will be slower. I hope you are young enough that you can watch and come back to us years from now to acknowledge your misplaced skepticism. UConn football is going to be a player nationally, in time.

Connecticut does have about the same population as Oklahoma. The difference being on a Saturday there are well 0ver 150k fans at the 3 FBS games in Oklahoma (OU,OSU, TU)and there are somewhere between 30k and 45k fans at the 1 FBS game in Connecticut. That really puts how different the states are in perspective. Fans all like to talk about TV markets and such, the problem is that all TV markets are not the same as far as college football interest. Basically Pennsylvania is the last place CFB is really popular. From NY up is a second thought compared to BB and in some cases hockey and lacrosse not to mention overshadowed by pro sports of all kind it seems. Thus you have an area with huge population and only a handful of FBS level programs, the best of which is clearly UConn. That is a huge challenge but at least there is not much local competetion as far as CFB.

I think the other big challenge with FB is recruiting. In BB you have piles of talent in your yard, those states don't produce nearly as much talent in FB. REcruiting states like Ohio, Penn, Georgia, Florida, Texas and California could be a challenge. I am impressed with the # of NFL players you have. It shows that even in the BE you were able to get those kind of players, that is impressive.

I have no doutbt that UConn will be in a power conference at some point. I hope it is in the Big 12, but understand that the Big 12 is likely your #3 choice. I think it would be a unique setup with all your Tier 3 content to sell, would make you a bunch of extra cash compared to what you get now, on top of 20 millon $ payouts. Extra 30 million a year, suddenly you can pay top dollar for established coaches and actually keep them instead of taking chances with unproven coordinators and if the coach is successful they usually leave at the first opportunity. That is kinda how OSU was before Gundy. Les Miles left at his first shot. Luckily Gundy is an alum and has stuck around for a while.

Reaction Score
I guess I just don't like making excuses about stuff like that. If the fans didn't show up for one reason or another live with it. TCU fans did that this year claiming it was too hot to go to the games, I thought it was pretty weak.

As far as your example, you are somparing a down Baylor to an up Uconn then you don't want to compare after that becasue they go up and you go down. I would hope you could outdraw a little bible school when they are down and you are up.

I undersatnd that with your background eliminating some data may be common. I took statistics back in college but that was 15 years ago and I don't use it in my work so I can't say it crosses my mind much. Thanks for putting that together, it paints a clear picture of UConn attandance during better times.

Good fans show up no matter what, losing , cold, etc.. Nebraska has sold out for over 50 years. Didn't matter if it was cold or if they were losing, they support the team. I assume this is the same with PSU near your neck of the woods and a handful of other schools in the country. Losing half your average attandance becasue it's cold or you lost a game the week before is weak. Kansas calls them the iron asses, they show up no matter what.

Your data does show that when you are successful your attandace goes up to a respectable level. The problem is that most teams can get fans to show up when they win, it's when they lose that is the problem. At some point every team loses and has a bad year. Being able to maintin and grow a good fanbase is essential. The problem is that winning in a new leage can be more difficult. See TCU and WVU, they have both been beat up the last 2 years insted of winning conference titles. When this happens attandace tanks, as it did for both of them.

For example Duke had the biggest season in thier history. Still had games in the low 20's. That is simply not acceptable for power conference football IMO. I know you guys threw out a couple of Big 12 teasm who you thought didn't belong in a power conference. I"d say Duke, Wake, and BC are also good candidates to be cut if a football league was formed with only legitimate programs. Any team in a power confernce that is close to the current 15k threshold for FBS shoulod be left behind IMO. If in your best years you can only draw 20k fans you don't belong in a big tie football league. Minimum average should be at least 30k IMO.

Regarding Baylor, why do you cherry pick UConn and I can't use Baylor numbers as a direct comparison. I think I made my point. I didn't post Kansas's attendance record, but it's not pretty over the past couple of years. Those in glass houses. . .

Regarding fans, UConn already has one of the most loyal fan bases, across multiple sports. Go ahead and google what is driving ticket prices to heights never achieved by an NCAA regional. Our fans for women's basketball, soccer, field hockey, and more are among the best in the nation for their respective sport. Say what you want about football, but after only a decade in D1, we grew attendance to numbers that exceed many programs in P5 conferences, including some mentioned above. We've had "problems" over the past couple of years, but it's not a fan problem per se. The good news, I feel confident that the problems have been fixed, or are in the process of being fixed. Check back with me at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Connecticut does have about the same population as Oklahoma. The difference being on a Saturday there are well 0ver 150k fans at the 3 FBS games in Oklahoma (OU,OSU, TU)and there are somewhere between 30k and 45k fans at the 1 FBS game in Connecticut. That really puts how different the states are in perspective.

Let's be honest. What else is going on in Oklahoma on a Saturday (aside from the State Fair). Anyhow, the good news is that you get to go see some seriously talented UConn alumni play basketball for the Thunder. . .

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Connecticut does have about the same population as Oklahoma. The difference being on a Saturday there are well 0ver 150k fans at the 3 FBS games in Oklahoma (OU,OSU, TU)and there are somewhere between 30k and 45k fans at the 1 FBS game in Connecticut. That really puts how different the states are in perspective. Fans all like to talk about TV markets and such, the problem is that all TV markets are not the same as far as college football interest. Basically Pennsylvania is the last place CFB is really popular. From NY up is a second thought compared to BB and in some cases hockey and lacrosse not to mention overshadowed by pro sports of all kind it seems. Thus you have an area with huge population and only a handful of FBS level programs, the best of which is clearly UConn. That is a huge challenge but at least there is not much local competetion as far as CFB.

I think the other big challenge with FB is recruiting. In BB you have piles of talent in your yard, those states don't produce nearly as much talent in FB. REcruiting states like Ohio, Penn, Georgia, Florida, Texas and California could be a challenge. I am impressed with the # of NFL players you have. It shows that even in the BE you were able to get those kind of players, that is impressive.

I have no doutbt that UConn will be in a power conference at some point. I hope it is in the Big 12, but understand that the Big 12 is likely your #3 choice. I think it would be a unique setup with all your Tier 3 content to sell, would make you a bunch of extra cash compared to what you get now, on top of 20 millon $ payouts. Extra 30 million a year, suddenly you can pay top dollar for established coaches and actually keep them instead of taking chances with unproven coordinators and if the coach is successful they usually leave at the first opportunity. That is kinda how OSU was before Gundy. Les Miles left at his first shot. Luckily Gundy is an alum and has stuck around for a while.

How long have you been obsessed with UCONN?

Reaction Score
It's not UConn, it's CR. That subject affects all and is addictive.

If it was just UConn , the athletic boards would be hit....

Reaction Score

People show up for games in OK for sure........because quite frankly...... what else is their to do? Seriously comparing programs out in Tornado Alley versus schools situated in the East Coast megalopolis Boston-Washington corridor is a non-starter. tadiums football and

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom