Athlon really likes our new uniforms (really)! | The Boneyard

Athlon really likes our new uniforms (really)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely agree. I like the new uniforms and branding. Now it's up to us fans to buy up the new merchandise and generate a real marketing/PR blitz.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. I like the new uniforms and branding. Now it's up to us fans to buy up the new merchandise and generate a real marketing/PR blitz.
When somewhere between 50-70% of your fan base according to various surveys I've seen think the new look is bad, you aren't going to create a marketing/PR blitz.We have an arena football look. You like it, that's fine. But some people actually like arena football. Give me the real thing.EDIT: I should have read the whole article. First of all the writer/writers are bipolar or something. SMU is cool because its "old School" but others are not because they are "old school." Louisville is bland but apparently because they have a good team bland is good...and on our uniforms, he's right. Helmets are bad but the uniforms are fine. I don't think they are anything special, and I really don't get the need for the UConn across the chest, but its fine. But the helmets...AFL and not the old American Football League...

Reaction Score
When somewhere between 50-70% of your fan base according to various surveys I've seen think the new look is bad, you aren't going to create a marketing/PR blitz.We have an arena football look. You like it, that's fine. But some people actually like arena football. Give me the real thing.EDIT: I should have read the whole article. First of all the writer/writers are bipolar or something. SMU is cool because its "old School" but others are not because they are "old school." Louisville is bland but apparently because they have a good team bland is good...and on our uniforms, he's right. Helmets are bad but the uniforms are fine. I don't think they are anything special, and I really don't get the need for the UConn across the chest, but its fine. But the helmets...AFL and not the old American Football League...
Online surveys are always negative on change, especially forum polls. I can almost guarantee you after a few months and people get used to the new uniforms and logos it will be 70% positive.

Reaction Score
Online surveys are always negative on change, especially forum polls. I can almost guarantee you after a few months and people get used to the new uniforms and logos it will be 70% positive.
There might be some resigned acceptance. that's about all...

Reaction Score
As they say, if the recruits and players like them...

Reaction Score
Some good things about them, But the huge letters on the back of those helmets? Not so much.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the new unis...Think the helmets will look real cool when the O-line gets into their stances..
This is the key. Two people in on a stage....meh. The whole line? Well that's a whole different thing. I think they may look better than many expect.
Well done, UConn. You may not like the weird new front-facing helmet logo but no one can argue that the Huskies' new duds aren't a major improvement on their boring, plain and ancient looking uniforms. The added red trim have given this uniform an updated look and feel. And frankly, seeing something blue and white instead of red (and black) like every other team in this league gives UConn an edge. This is one of the better uniform remakes of recent memory and it makes the Huskies the best dressed team in the AAC.

Reaction Score
While Penn state might be the Johnny Unitas of football uniforms, UConn's aren"t Joe Namath. they're JJ Raterrink. (QB for the Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena football league. They also were "eyeball helmets".)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

According to online survey I've read, only complete morons cite online surveys.

Reaction Score
I'm a 57 year old long time UConn sports fan. I think that the new uniforms are the coolest thing that I've seen in the last 5 years, particularly the helmet. It's made for TV. I also noticed during the ESPN 3 broadcasts of the baseball team in the NCAAs that the new Husky logo stood out very nicely. Easy to read and identify quickly.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Free, there came a point last season where it became clear they weren't going to fire the coaching staff, so I backed off and hope it works out.

They aren't changing the uniforms before the season so maybe back
off and see how it goes. They may look ridiculous and there may be people calling for a change. The battle is lost - retrench and see if you win the war.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Obv. not a fan of the new helmets, but what I can't understand is, if you are going with the head on logo, why not come up with a design that includes the side of the head? Was it because the Nike template limited us to the same decal blank as UCF?

With that decal, you could have used the full width head and taper it to the back point. It would have been a more complete concept.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm a 57 year old long time UConn sports fan. I think that the new uniforms are the coolest thing that I've seen in the last 5 years, particularly the helmet. It's made for TV. I also noticed during the ESPN 3 broadcasts of the baseball team in the NCAAs that the new Husky logo stood out very nicely. Easy to read and identify quickly.
It will better after they get rid of the UCONN below it. It shrinks the logo down too much. It's needed during the transition year though.

Reaction Score
I read the full Athlon look at Uniforms.

It's fairly childish. So ... while I like the praise as the Top Uni; I want to see the overall talk come the fall. I will get very tired of an Athlon (who are minor league in their own right) calling our conference mid-major ... not Power ... etc.

I remember liking the USFL. Who's with me on hoping that many of those looking down their noses ... just absolutely go to crap.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I read the full Athlon look at Uniforms.

It's fairly childish. So ... while I like the praise as the Top Uni; I want to see the overall talk come the fall. I will get very tired of an Athlon (who are minor league in their own right) calling our conference mid-major ... not Power ... etc.

I remember liking the USFL. Who's with me on hoping that many of those looking down their noses ... just absolutely go to crap.
However, the AAC is mid-major. If they weren't, we wouldn't be trying so hard to get out.

Reaction Score
What's this??!! Freescooter being negative about something Uconn related??? I have never seen this before!!

Reaction Score
However, the AAC is mid-major. If they weren't, we wouldn't be trying so hard to get out.

We are what our record says we are.

Football. We were in the Yankee Conference and even the A-10 in Football ... NOT long ago. There's no getting around OUR lack of Football Bigtime nor our lack of Football Tradition. I BELIEVE we have a Market to grab. We are going to need concentrated good leadership and luck.

I know lots on the Boneyard know this. Moaning about being a mid-major ... is just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom