Athlon: Anonymous Comments on AAC Foes! | The Boneyard

Athlon: Anonymous Comments on AAC Foes!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“They’ll score touchdowns because Diaco isn’t there."

Ouch. Lol. Apparently the fanbase isn't only one who thought Red Pants was worthless.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I ran into Warde Manuel in the Detroit airport after he took the Michigan job. Talked at length waiting for the flight back to Bradley. It was very cathartic for me to tell him how much he facked up the Diaco hire.

This is one of the best things I've ever heard on the Boneyard. I'm imagining how painful it must have been for Warde to run into an angry Serrano. Just when he thought things couldn't get any worse than being in Detroit!

Reaction Score
This is one of the best things I've ever heard on the Boneyard. I'm imagining how painful it must have been for Warde to run into an angry Serrano. Just when he thought things couldn't get any worse than being in Detroit!
Warde used UConn as a spring board. Nothing more, nothing less and he used the momentum of the dual national championships to land what was likely his dream job. Seems to have put some academic support in place.

His biggest move was the Diaco hire. Luckily Michigan hired him off what looked like was a turnaround in football to anyone on the outside. Diaco was a flop in every way imaginable.

Reaction Score

The airport is the nicest thing about Detroit. I was very cordial. Wasn't rude or angry at all. We talked realignment and he genuinely thinks we got screwed and belong in the P5. I mentioned Rutgers and he said the first 3 things a realtor will tell you is location, location, location.

I brought up Diaco and how I'd like for him to take him with him to Ann Arbor. He was a good sport about it. Laughed it off but said Diaco needed a bit more time. Acknowledged that it didn't look good though.

Reaction Score

Yeah cause Storrs is a real blast!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
"He' an upgrade over Bob Diaco--no one argues that." Sounds to me like the consensus is that a lamp post would have been an upgrade.
That must make AD Dave dry heave when he reads it.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
"UConn is going to be solid again..."

Maybe that's the best we can hope for. 8-4 and a bowl every year. Maybe 10-2 or 11-1 if we catch lightning in a bottle.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It sounds like they don't think too highly of Scottie Montgomery either

Reaction Score
Jimmy:

I acknowledge my wrong read on Diaco. The Navy game is where I really started losing faith. Attending the ECU and BC games couldn't have been more embarrassing. I got to know Bob personally as well as Warde and in the process lost some objectivity. I read two Hayden Frye books and believed Diaco was going to do the same as Frye did at Iowa. I believed that was the blueprint. College football has changed a lot in 20 years and I along with all UCONN fans am so looking forward to the uptempo Offense and Defense that Edsall, Lashly and Crocker will run. As much as the kids seemed to like Diaco, players like Vonte Diggs and Junior Joseph and Arkeel have embraced the new philosophy and coaching staff. The last 6 years UCONN has been the most boring and predictable football team in America!

There are some personal reasons why I am also disappointed with Diaco. Let's just say, it left me with the impression that he just might not be a RKG! I am confident that David Benedict pulled a huge rabbit out of the hat. He deserves many many kudos for what he pulled off. Time to move on and hope for some real positive momentum! Go Huskies!

PS: you are still a Dork! LOL!

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
We talked realignment and he genuinely thinks we got screwed and belong in the P5.

I agree with Warde that UConn belongs in the P5, and got screwed during the last round of realignment when their AD was sipping daquris in the Virgin Islands while Louisville got called up to the big leagues instead.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
mikedog10

Do you really think that Warde being in the Virgin Islands had anything to do with Louisville being chosen by the ACC rather than us? If so I have a rather large bridge you might be interested in.

I'm very interested in your bridge and will make a deposit right now, please send me your bank account information and I will take care of the rest.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Jimmy:

I acknowledge my wrong read on Diaco. The Navy game is where I really started losing faith. Attending the ECU and BC games couldn't have been more embarrassing. I got to know Bob personally as well as Warde and in the process lost some objectivity. I read two Hayden Frye books and believed Diaco was going to do the same as Frye did at Iowa. I believed that was the blueprint. College football has changed a lot in 20 years and I along with all UCONN fans am so looking forward to the uptempo Offense and Defense that Edsall, Lashly and Crocker will run. As much as the kids seemed to like Diaco, players like Vonte Diggs and Junior Joseph and Arkeel have embraced the new philosophy and coaching staff. The last 6 years UCONN has been the most boring and predictable football team in America!

There are some personal reasons why I am also disappointed with Diaco. Let's just say, it left me with the impression that he just might not be a RKG! I am confident that David Benedict pulled a huge rabbit out of the hat. He deserves many many kudos for what he pulled off. Time to move on and hope for some real positive momentum! Go Huskies!

PS: you are still a Dork! LOL!

Well...that is one of the more impressive mea culpas I have seen on the boneyard. Nicely done!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So these comments were generally interesting, as about half the league was identified as potential league champions this year. Both SMU and Memphis were identified as rising programs. Seems like they expect Temple may fall back. ECU looks the most lost. With UConn, I thought that we'd see some comments on the two coordinators and the very different schemes being run. But there was nothing.

My main takeaway? This league is wide open, and none of these guys have a clue what is going to happen.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My main takeaway? This league is wide open, and none of these guys have a clue what is going to happen.

Did you really expect the other coaches to be quaking in their boots over Edsall, Lashlee and Crocker just yet? Those other schools frankly have good reason to dismiss us for the time being until we prove something on the field.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree with Warde that UConn belongs in the P5, and got screwed during the last round of realignment when their AD was sipping daquris in the Virgin Islands while Louisville got called up to the big leagues instead.
That's really unfair and not at all true.

It was pina coladas.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did you really expect the other coaches to be quaking in their boots over Edsall, Lashlee and Crocker just yet? Those other schools frankly have good reason to dismiss us for the time being until we prove something on the field.

Quaking? Nobody is quaking. Randy stabilized the program. Ok, they acknowledge that. But that's only part of the story compared to running Lashlee's up tempo offense and Crocker's thoroughly unusual defense. They are acting like this is Edsall 1.0, which we know it isn't. So either they don't believe there's a difference or they are ignorant of it. One or the other. In either case, I think they may be surprised.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Quaking? Nobody is quaking. Randy stabilized the program. Ok, they acknowledge that. But that's only part of the story compared to running Lashlee's up tempo offense and Crocker's thoroughly unusual defense. They are acting like this is Edsall 1.0, which we know it isn't. So either they don't believe there's a difference or they are ignorant of it. One or the other. In either case, I think they may be surprised.

We love Edsall, but until we have an eight win season you can't be surprised that the outside world has little to say.

Reaction Score

In fairness to the other schools this is an entirely new staff that they will be facing. The majority of these coaches never coached against Edsall in his first go around either. Until they see this staff in action and face the team on the field, I think these coaches taking a show me attitude is fair.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom