At just $1mil for the HC, can we finally pay | The Boneyard

At just $1mil for the HC, can we finally pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Do we owe any money to the assistant coaches who got fired or is all that money available for a new staff?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Do we owe any money to the assistant coaches who got fired or is all that money available for a new staff?
Not sure, I imagine there is some small buyout in their agreements, but assistants are also often on 1 year renewable agreements, that stipulate what happens when the HC is fired.

Reaction Score
I doubt it. I would guess that the reason that Edsall is getting $1MM is that Benedict was told that the coaching change had to be cash flow-neutral.

Reaction Score

Not sure, I imagine there is some small buyout in their agreements, but assistants are also often on 1 year renewable agreements, that stipulate what happens when the HC is fired.

I believe only Poindexter had a contract that ran beyond 2016.

Reaction Score

The report I read indicates all brut one of the position coaches had contracts expiring the first week of January. No blood there.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My take exactly. $1M/yr base for Edsall should, theoretically, keep some money in the football bucket to bring in a top staff around him. If we can pay our OC and DC $500K/yr each, that should open up the candidate list considerably. Also, there are positions in desperate need of a considerable upgrade (QB and OL, to name the most obvious).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom