As we eagerly (certainly not anxiously) await. . . | The Boneyard

As we eagerly (certainly not anxiously) await. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
the upcoming season, I must look back as I think about some people I will miss.
Tiffany Hayes, for her game, her grit, but especially for those rainbow treys (I swear the ball came down wet)​
Lauren and Michala, both of whom played hard and well and who left only fond memories behind. And took only best wishes from everyone with them.​
Harriet and Mary and Larry. Our annual pledge for many years has caused our home to be adorned with UConn detritus, but I will miss their pleas for CPTV support.​
And I hope that Meghan and Bob won't be gone. (I want to hear that "ho-ho-HO!" from Meghan when Brianna blocks a shot by Griner).​

I have a separate list of new faces I haven't yet seen and I am eager to view, but I'll deal with that another time, another post.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Meg will be back on the Geno show on SNY

Reaction Score
Tiffany Hayes, for her game, her grit, but especially for those rainbow treys (I swear the ball came down wet)​
Lauren and Michala, both of whom played hard and well and who left only fond memories behind. And took only best wishes from everyone with them.​
Harriet and Mary and Larry. Our annual pledge for many years has caused our home to be adorned with UConn detritus, but I will miss their pleas for CPTV support.​
And I hope that Meghan and Bob won't be gone. (I want to hear that "ho-ho-HO!" from Meghan when Brianna blocks a shot by Griner).​

I have a separate list of new faces I haven't yet seen and I am eager to view, but I'll deal with that another time, another post.

Doesn't seem like Geno had the same thoughts about Lauren and Michala. Better to have players who can hold up their own in practice and not have the fans wanting to know why they don't play more, at least that's what Geno said. Fans like you just don't understand how hard it is on coaches with players like Lauren and Michala on the team.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Sarcasm? I hope so. I don't think anyone questioned their heart or willingness to play hard, just their physical abilities in comparison to the rest of the team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like Geno had the same thoughts about Lauren and Michala. Better to have players who can hold up their own in practice and not have the fans wanting to know why they don't play more, at least that's what Geno said. Fans like you just don't understand how hard it is on coaches with players like Lauren and Michala on the team.
Total load of crap. It has been point out time and time again that both left on great terms, both have really fond memories of their UCONN experience, and everyone on the UCONN staff and team wishes them well at their new schools.

What was the purpose of your post - to take a drive-by potshot at the coach? I hope you were being sarcastic. If so, it would be helpful to add an emoticon so people don't think you are a dingbat...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

You're right. Fans like me just don't understand how hard it is on coaches with players [on scholarship] like Lauren and Michala on the team.

Reaction Score
. . .
Harriet and Mary and Larry. Our annual pledge for many years has caused our home to be adorned with UConn detritus, but I will miss their pleas for CPTV support . . .​
Harriet and Mary certainly. Larry . . . maybe not so much.​

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Oh, please let's not dredge up all that stuff again. This was supposed to be a UP thread.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought we were through with that discussion

Reaction Score

THIS is why emoticons were invented. Now, the last time I responded to a post like this one, I took it seriously and everyone jumped all over me because the guy was obviously kidding, or at least that is what the critics said.

So this time, just because I wouldn't know Husky68 if I fell over him/her and because it is hard to believe anyone would have this level of venom saved up to use against a couple of kids who made what they thought were the right decisions for themselves.....well, I'm just gonna congratulate the original poster on his ability to deliver sarcasm as well as he/she does.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Glad to see the Boneyard is in training for the up coming season! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom