As UConn’s offense continues to solidify, a deep tight end group believes it can perform however its needed to. (McFarland @ Courant) | The Boneyard

As UConn’s offense continues to solidify, a deep tight end group believes it can perform however its needed to. (McFarland @ Courant)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here << (… but a more complete read direct on Courant site - Outline truncates a few paragraphs)

-> “For us, I always tell our guys, we have to know every role on the offense,” tight ends coach Corey Edsall said. “The good thing with our guys is they block well, and they’re very good pass catchers as well. Whether we need to run the ball, whether we need to pass the ball, whether it’s one tight end, two tight ends, no tight ends, it’s three tight ends, our guys are able to do all of those things.” <-

-> “This is as deep as I’ve seen our room since my freshman year when Tyler Davis, Alex Bloom and Tommy Myers [played],” Rose said. “I’m really excited for camp. We’ve got a lot of guys that no one really knows about, but you will know about them by the end of camp.” <-

On Rose: -> “He’s toned up his body, he’s changed it a bit,” Corey Edsall said. “He’s dropped his body fat, changed his body a little bit. The leadership part is the biggest thing I’ve seen from him. He’s a lot more vocal, demanding of the tight ends and of the offense, but he does a really good job of getting guys going in practice and everything like that. Him being a senior, he’s really hungry this year. He wants to go out on a high note, and there’s nothing that’s going to stop him from doing that.” <-

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I hope they do well. I also hope we arrive at a point where our TE aren't the focal point of attention on offense.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have to use them in the red zone. They're big and athletic and will pose a matchup nightmare for the secondary and linebackers.
I understand their purpose. Most good teams don't go right to the TE talk.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn has had some talent at TE recently but has basically ignored them
There is a great pool now - I say use them often and it will allow the WRs to get free for long gains with their speed and will open gaps for the RBs
I say use them often

Reaction Score
If the top tight end was from New Jersey, the article wouldn’t have been written. It wasn’t a case of focusing on the TE because we have no other weapons. He focused on it because it is a position with solid depth led by a guy who comes from Southington so there was a local angle. We indeed do have talented receivers, but we should look to the TE more in the red zone.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This TE group has some talent but certainly not at the level of a Tyler Davis, or Tommy Myers and Bloom. They should see a lot of action in games against better opponents like Purdue, UCF, Clemson where QB will have little time to throw due to their D-Line blowing by our O-line.

Reaction Score
This TE group has some talent but certainly not at the level of a Tyler Davis, or Tommy Myers and Bloom. They should see a lot of action in games against better opponents like Purdue, UCF, Clemson where QB will have little time to throw due to their D-Line blowing by our O-line.
I think Rose is going to be another that will benefit greatly from a year and a half of development. Great athlete who now has the appropriate bulk/strength of a TE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom