As Process Takes Hold, Huskies Ready to Set Tone Saturday Night | The Boneyard

As Process Takes Hold, Huskies Ready to Set Tone Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Presumably that won't include turning the ball over for an opposition score on the first offensive series (or the second for those who point out that the SB one occurred on the 2nd series).

Reaction Score
Not like UConn has ever had a punt blocked and returned for a TD.
At least that hasn't happened so far this season, but now that you bring it up, if it does, I think you should be hunted down and forced to re-watch tapes of the South Florida game...

Reaction Score
At least that hasn't happened so far this season, but now that you bring it up, if it does, I think you should be hunted down and forced to re-watch tapes of the South Florida game...

Or we can just kill him so we don't get comments like his on here anymore.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We can always fake a punt on our first offensive play to keep them off-balance. Then punt on 2nd down.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So now the process takes hold.

Reaction Score
I know we are 1-4, but I sure hope its an encouraging 1-4 for greater things to come. Like HCBD states, there are so many underclass men playing and starting. There are going to be mistakes made ( as a uconn fan- I was optimistic and hoped that they wouldn't happen). We'll probably miss a bowl next year too, but the foundation is set- the concrete has been poured and now we're starting to build our 4,000 square foot colonial house. Last year was not an encouraging 3-9 team. 2 years ago was not an encouraging 5-7. 3 years ago was not an encouraging 5-7 team. We will be good in 2 years and for years to come after that finally! #IBELIEVE #BLEEDBLUE

Reaction Score
Of course if we punt it may just delay the inevitable for the next drive

I say we just drive it down to their five yard line, fumble on purpose so they can't run it back for a touchdown and just get it over with

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I hope our strategy is to punt on first down the first time we get the ball. I would think that not turning it over would be such a boost for our offensive confidence that the game would all go fine from there.

I'll settle for kicking off to start the game.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to pick on the author, but what are they ready to set the tone for?

We're 1-4, the tone has been set. It's time to change the tune.

Reaction Score
I hope our strategy is to punt on first down the first time we get the ball. I would think that not turning it over would be such a boost for our offensive confidence that the game would all go fine from there.

I say we all 3 straight Hail Mary's. At least if you get picked off, it's LIKE a punt.

Well. Except then you open it up to the ol' patented "Whitmer sacked OH THAT'S A FUMBLE FOR A TOUCHDOWN" routine. Nevermind.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tulane sucks. If UConn avoids self-inflicted wounds, it should win this game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I know we are 1-4, but I sure hope its an encouraging 1-4 for greater things to come. Like HCBD states, there are so many underclass men playing and starting. There are going to be mistakes made ( as a uconn fan- I was optimistic and hoped that they wouldn't happen). We'll probably miss a bowl next year too, but the foundation is set- the concrete has been poured and now we're starting to build our 4,000 square foot colonial house. Last year was not an encouraging 3-9 team. 2 years ago was not an encouraging 5-7. 3 years ago was not an encouraging 5-7 team. We will be good in 2 years and for years to come after that finally! #IBELIEVE #BLEEDBLUE

I don't typically put a whole lot of stock in the star ratings as they only mean a combination of a couple things 1) a 4 or 5 star recruit is more polished coming out of high school. 2) A 4 or 5 star recruit is so because of the perception of the programs recruiting him. Stars go out the window once a player crosses the sideline. That said, many UConn players in the past did not cross that sideline until they were 19 or 20 (i.e. they redshirted and used the extra year as an opportunity to develop), so by the time they hit the game field they grew into a high 3, 4 star recruit.

Diaco doesn't have that luxury this year. For whatever reason, players did not develop under the former regime and Diaco is legitimately throwing boys out there to play against men. Diaco isn't the only one learning on the job.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to pick on the author, but what are they ready to set the tone for?

We're 1-4, the tone has been set. It's time to change the tune.

I would say that he meant that the tone is what is changing with this game. I think the more relevant question is, what evidence does he have that the process is in fact taking hold? Because up to the Temple game there was zero evidence that any progress is being made, especially on offense!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Somewhere on a Tulane board, someone just posted the same thing with the names reversed.

Probably, but something tells me that karma, which punched us in the face, only to then kick us in the nuts, stomp on our hand and break our fingers, shoot us in leg, then set us on fire, then run over us with a truck...has to, just has to swing back at some point. I predict we win turnover margin and thus the game.

Reaction Score
Despite our frustrations, there is clearly still some excitement here. May we not be trampled!

Reaction Score
I don't typically put a whole lot of stock in the star ratings as they only mean a combination of a couple things 1) a 4 or 5 star recruit is more polished coming out of high school. 2) A 4 or 5 star recruit is so because of the perception of the programs recruiting him. Stars go out the window once a player crosses the sideline. That said, many UConn players in the past did not cross that sideline until they were 19 or 20 (i.e. they redshirted and used the extra year as an opportunity to develop), so by the time they hit the game field they grew into a high 3, 4 star recruit.

Diaco doesn't have that luxury this year. For whatever reason, players did not develop under the former regime and Diaco is legitimately throwing boys out there to play against men. Diaco isn't the only one learning on the job.

Speaking of "stars," their was an SI article on the back-sliding of the Michigan Program. The article appeared before Michigan lost to Rutgers. It was noted that Michigan's last four recruiting classes had an average national ranking of sixteen. The week prior to the Rutgers game had MI playing two QB's rated in Rivals' top ten handing off to the number one rated Running Back in the country. These guys were operating behind a Offensive Line that included one five-star and four, four-stars in the two deep.

Bad coaching? Overly generous player rankings? Both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom