As Gisele Would Say... | The Boneyard

As Gisele Would Say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can't throw and catch the ball...

I'm finding it funny that according to most here if Whitmer played we would have won the game, acting like Boyle made mistakes that cost us the game.

If Parker catches a ball, that's 1 TD. If Foxx catches 2 more, that's 2 more TD's. If Obi catches a pick and walks into the end zone, thats 1 more TD.

Boyle put the ball on the money more often than not. His ball is unbelievable and it's clear he can make all the throws.

But yes, turnover prone Whitmer would have won us the game....

Reaction Score
You can't throw and catch the ball...

I'm finding it funny that according to most here if Whitmer played we would have won the game, acting like Boyle made mistakes that cost us the game.

If Parker catches a ball, that's 1 TD. If Foxx catches 2 more, that's 2 more TD's. If Obi catches a pick and walks into the end zone, thats 1 more TD.

Boyle put the ball on the money more often than not. His ball is unbelievable and it's clear he can make all the throws.

But yes, turnover prone Whitmer would have won us the game....

I think you are oversimplifying it. Whitmer throws an easier to catch ball. It is softer with a little more air under it. He is generally a decent qb other than making 1 or 2 big mistakes per game.

Tim is the better talent. He will be very good. I thought he played well, had better legs than expected and throws a tight spiral with serious velocity. However, he threw 28 incomplete passes (maybe 3 horrible drops and 4 bad drops). I doubt Chandler throws 28 incomplete passes in that game, against that team.

I am not saying I prefer Chandler, I don't. Now that Boyle's red shirt is gone, he needs to play. However, given the opponent, 28 incomplete passes, stellar defense, home field advantage, OL's major improvement and the run threat, it is hard for me not to agree that Chandler may have pulled that one out.

Reaction Score
I think you are oversimplifying it. Whitmer throws an easier to catch ball. It is softer with a little more air under it. He is generally a decent qb other than making 1 or 2 big mistakes per game.

Tim is the better talent. He will be very good. I thought he played well, had better legs than expected and throws a tight spiral with serious velocity. However, he threw 28 incomplete passes (maybe 3 horrible drops and 4 bad drops). I doubt Chandler throws 28 incomplete passes in that game, against that team.

I am not saying I prefer Chandler, I don't. Now that Boyle's red shirt is gone, he needs to play. However, given the opponent, 28 incomplete passes, stellar defense, home field advantage, OL's major improvement and the run threat, it is hard for me not to agree that Chandler may have pulled that one out.

I don't think he is over simplifying it. I think he is right on the money.

If Chander throws his usual game than are critical picks against the Huskies. Chandler also has a bad habit of looking at the rush instead of down field. He takes sacks. There is no supportable evidence that Whitmer wins the game. None.

Reaction Score
I don't think he is over simplifying it. I think he is right on the money.

If Chander throws his usual game than are critical picks against the Huskies. Chandler also has a bad habit of looking at the rush instead of down field. He takes sacks. There is no supportable evidence that Whitmer wins the game. None.

Agreed, and I said he makes big mistakes. Again though, does Chandler through 28 incomplete passes given the better play of the OL? I doubt it. However, he still may have thrown critical picks.

Doesn't matter, just saying that Chandler may have won the game. I'd rather Boyle have the keys though.

Reaction Score
When will a BIG TIME coach like a Saban or Urban Meyer who have "Done it All" at the Big Football Factories and have all the money they will ever need (possible?) take the challenge and PROVE how good a coach they are and take the reins of a school like UConn? Meyer going to OSU from FL and having great success? Pedestrian. Great success at UConn ...now that would be something!

Reaction Score
I would be more than happy to retain Weist on the staff in some way. He is incredibly intelligent and adoptive.

Reaction Score
When will a BIG TIME coach like a Saban or Urban Meyer who have "Done it All" at the Big Football Factories and have all the money they will ever need (possible?) take the challenge and PROVE how good a coach they are and take the reins of a school like UConn? Meyer going to OSU from FL and having great success? Pedestrian. Great success at UConn ...now that would be something!

Meyer already did it at Utah when they were in the MWC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Have to disagree. Boyle kept drives alive by running. Whitmer did not. Whitmer eyeballs his primary receiver all the way in and struggled moving through the progressions. I'm not at all confident that Chandler won't have made "big mistakes" which led to a more lopsided loss. IF you are considering bringing Boyle, it far better to do it when you have a off week. If those dropped TDs don't happen, TJ's a genius and Boyle is the second coming (of Orlovski.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom