As a businessman, love Diaco's strategic orientation | The Boneyard

As a businessman, love Diaco's strategic orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A home run from the marketing perspective. Telegenic, marketable, you can easily picture his face on billboards, etc. Hope he's at the Stanford men's hoop game next week to make some remarks to the crowd, head up into student section, etc.

Will be interested to see how much BD wants to get involved on the marketing side. Spring game will be a good test. I'll bet he won't start with the offense starting in the shadow of its own goal line.

It is simply breathtaking the difference between the Jan. 2011 hire and this one.

Reaction Score
A home run from the marketing perspective. Telegenic, marketable, you can easily picture his face on billboards, etc. Hope he's at the Stanford men's hoop game next week to make some remarks to the crowd, head up into student section, etc.

Will be interested to see how much BD wants to get involved on the marketing side. Spring game will be a good test. I'll bet he won't start with the offense starting in the shadow of its own goal line.

It is simply breathtaking the difference between the Jan. 2011 hire and this one.
Show me any fan base coming off 3 dismal seasons that just hired a new coach that does not embrace the coach as being the cure for all of its ills? Don't get me wrong, attitude, energy and enthusiasm Diaco is showing is 100% on target and what is needed. But game day coaching, recruiting and winning is all that matters going forward. Let's hope he is more Mike Gundy and not Lane Kiffin and his words translate into performance.

Reaction Score
Show me any fan base coming off 3 dismal seasons that just hired a new coach that does not embrace the coach as being the cure for all of its ills? Don't get me wrong, attitude, energy and enthusiasm Diaco is showing is 100% on target and what is needed. But game day coaching, recruiting and winning is all that matters going forward. Let's hope he is more Mike Gundy and not Lane Kiffin and his words translate into performance.

This. I like the hire. And he's done everything you would hope for on his first day on the job. Energized the fanbase, created buzz, and won the press conference.

Now......recruit and win games.

Reaction Score
This. I like the hire. And he's done everything you would hope for on his first day on the job. Energized the fanbase, created buzz, and won the press conference.

Now......recruit and win games.

I am curious why the obvious always has to be stated. It kind of protects people, so they can say I was all for him when he came here, but like I said, he needed to win and recruit and he didn't.

Of course he has to win and recruit. Every coach needs to. It's like having a hot date and saying before hand to your friends..."I hope she puts out and then doesn't spend the night"...really no need to say it.....it's just a given. :cool:

Reaction Score
Compare your gut reaction to circumstances of PP hire and BD hire.

That is all.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
sportsart said:
I am curious why the obvious always has to be stated. It kind of protects people, so they can say I was all for him when he came here, but like I said, he needed to win and recruit and he didn't.

Of course he has to win and recruit. Every coach needs to. It's like having a hot date and saying before hand to your friends..."I hope she puts out and then doesn't spend the night"...really no need to say it.....it's just a given. :cool:

Except it's most often not a given. Refer to the endless posts about not handing TJ the job and the people who took that as some sort of disparagement towards him.

There are entire organizational systems that do nothing but state the obvious. Safety is the obvious example. They are there not because these things aren't obvious, but because the obvious has a tendency to slip out of your primary focus. A weakness of human stamina or discipline.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ruskin said:
Compare your gut reaction to circumstances of PP hire and BD hire.

That is all.

{SIGH} I hope this freaking works.

vs.

Know what? This guy looks like he might have a little sumpthin, sumpthin.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
. It's like having a hot date and saying before hand to your friends..."I hope she puts out and then doesn't spend the night"...really no need to say it.....it's just a given. :cool:

I like the hot ones to stay. It's the pigs I bring home that I want out before sunrise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom