Article on UConn and Mass by BC Interruption...VERY GOOD Read | The Boneyard

Article on UConn and Mass by BC Interruption...VERY GOOD Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article smells like someone calling in a favor to their buddy over at BC Interruptions.
LOL...I figured you would say that. If you also know anything about BC or that site..you would know that they have NEVER said 1 thing even close to complimentary about UConn. You don't like Cav...we get it. I wasn't/still not a Berard fan so we're even.

Reaction Score
I'm a passionate hockey fan who has been following UCONN hockey for many,many years and if I was given the power to hire a head hockey coach in Storrs I wouldn't of hired the present coach plain and simple.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did I read that right? Some guy said no to the UMass head job to be an assistant at Harvard?

Reaction Score
Article smells like someone calling in a favor to their buddy over at BC Interruptions.
When did Cavanaugh or someone in his family pee in your Cheerios? Thank you for your support of the UCONN Huskies.

Reaction Score
I'm a passionate hockey fan who has been following UCONN hockey for many,many years and if I was given the power to hire a head hockey coach in Storrs I wouldn't of hired the present coach plain and simple.
Who would you have hired? And did you go to games when Kirkland was coach...or was Marshall the coach when you started going to games?

Reaction Score
Who would you have hired? And did you go to games when Kirkland was coach...or was Marshall the coach when you started going to games?
I started going to the games early in the Marshall era. As far as hiring a head coach I was looking for two things first being he would have to have head coaching experience at the D1 or Pro level and second had a winning track record.

Reaction Score
Also there should of been a prerequisite that all asst hockey coaches have a min of 3-5 years coaching experience at the college level.

Reaction Score
I started going to the games early in the Marshall era. As far as hiring a head coach I was looking for two things first being he would have to have head coaching experience at the D1 or Pro level and second had a winning track record.
Well then of the 3 finalists 2 wouldn't have been on your list. Being an interim HC for 1/2 a season doesn't count as head coaching experience. FYI Dave Hakstol, Dave Quinn and Dick Umile had no head coaching experience either before getting their jobs at North Dakota, BU and UNH.

Reaction Score
Dave Quinn was head hockey coach for the Lake Erie Lock Monsters in the AHL in addition he was asst coach for Colorado Avalanche in the NHL. Dick Umile was head hockey coach of Watertown, MA HS for many years. Dave Hakstol was head hockey coach for the Sioux City Musketeers of the USHL.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Too bad you didn't start earlier watching them under Kirtland. Marshall was actually a pretty good defenseman and played with some pretty good guys. Every once and a while they would get a transfer from a HE level school. The one that sticks out to me the most was Harry Geary who came to UConn from PC. While you are at it.do yourself a favor and make up a t-shirt saying "Berard for UConn Hockey Coach" and wear it to games. You definitely have it out for Cav...and REALLY love Berard!

Reaction Score
No time for that I'm just hoping Uconn comes out tomorrow night fired up with some energy and passion against Vermont. Why is game being played at 8:30?

Reaction Score
No time for that I'm just hoping Uconn comes out tomorrow night fired up with some energy and passion against Vermont. Why is game being played at 8:30?
Well with all the time you are spending here today...I'm sure you can find some to go and correct the author of BC Hockey Blog about being wrong on the head coaching careers of Quinn, Umile and Hakstol...here is the email address it's right from the blog:
bchockeyblog@gmail.com

Reaction Score
Too bad you didn't start earlier watching them under Kirtland. Marshall was actually a pretty good defenseman and played with some pretty good guys. Every once and a while they would get a transfer from a HE level school. The one that sticks out to me the most was Harry Geary who came to UConn from PC. While you are at it.do yourself a favor and make up a t-shirt saying "Berard for UConn Hockey Coach" and wear it to games. You definitely have it out for Cav...and REALLY love Berard!
See you have it all wrong if I had my choice I would of went after Guy Gadowsky who is now the Penn State Coach and former Princeton and Alaska-Fairbanks Coach but I think Penn State snagged him a year before Uconn's job became available. So now it was between Cavanaugh and Berard neither would of been my first choice but if I had to decide between them I would of picked Berard and based on his Win/Loss record as a head D1 hockey coach he has clearly outperformed our current coach for the past 2 1/2 years. That's all nothing more or nothing less.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No see you got it all wrong I was not a huge Berard backer but the two finalists were Cavanaugh
See you have it all wrong if I had my choice I would of went after Guy Gadowsky who is now the Penn State Coach and former Princeton and Alaska-Fairbanks Coach but I think Penn State snagged him a year before Uconn's job became available. So now it was between Cavanaugh and Berard neither would of been my first choice but if I had to decide between them I would of picked Berard and based on his Win/Loss record as a head D1 hockey coach he has clearly outperformed our current coach for the past 2 1/2 years. That's all nothing more or nothing less.
The fact you are comparing 2 coaches who coach in leagues that can't even be compared competition wise to each other says it all. Thanks for showing us all your true colors. It clarifies everything! Nothing more needs to be said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom