Article by Dez on Tebucky.... | The Boneyard

Article by Dez on Tebucky....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this article written if Tebucky's father isn't who he is? He is the 5th WR, right. Why do we constantly ask about Tebucky? What's the next article on? Another backup? Johnnie Mac?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not much earth shattering I don't think. He wants to play more- I should hope so! He feels he's one of the top 4 guys, coaches have him at 5... Just be ready to go when a spot opens up, and it sounds like he will be.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Dez has had priapism for Tebucky Jr since the beginning. Don't know what it is, but he's always mentioned.

I'll give attention when the young man has more career catches than drops - not there yet.

Reaction Score
Not much earth shattering I don't think. He wants to play more- I should hope so! He feels he's one of the top 4 guys, coaches have him at 5... Just be ready to go when a spot opens up, and it sounds like he will be.

i agree with you, and i like the guys we have been playing, but aside from Geremy Davis last week, our overall WR production has been low enough that he should have been given some more opportunities. If after 2-3 games guys aren't getting open, give the number 4 and 5 guys an opportunity to make a play.

Reaction Score
I like Dez's stuff, but I don't know why you put a 20 year old kid on the spot like this. Tebucky does an OK job in the article, but it could come across as complaining which is a good way to piss a coach off.

In the NFL, ok, but not college kids. imho

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-0927-20120926,0,279350.story
I agree with you but this is one of the issues with why local kids might decide to play somewhere else. We're seeing a mini-version of it on this board with the running back from Berlin, too. The local folks want to see the local kid play and despite having zero knowledge of how he stacks up with the rest of the players, they bang the drum for him, just as Dez did for Jones. Anyone think this article gets written if Tebucky Jones was from New Jersey instead of New Britain? NowI get that the local media wants to play up th e"local" angle and all, especially on a team that has under performed. But this was pretty awkaward I thought.

Reaction Score
I don't see the issue here. Tebucky Jr isn't playing. Fans are asking Dez about the local kid not playing. Dez writes a piece on the local kid.

How this negatively affects local kids coming here.......I have no idea. If you're good enough to play, you're gonna play.

Non issue.

Reaction Score
Two things, one I do wish Tebucky would get some touches. He caught one pass over the middle in the spring game where he took off like a rocket, unfortunately he came up lame because of his hamstring I think. The coaches should be trying to see if guys like Jones and Fox can hit the homerun play and take a short gainer a long way. The guy I'm most disappointed in the WR rotation has been Mike Smith. I thought he would have a big year and he still may, but his body language on the field sometimes makes me wonder. The second thing, is that I agree, an article like that serves no purpose. When his number is called he needs to produce, and not allow himself to get stripped of the ball as he crosses the goal line. He makes that play, and I'm sure the coaches would have gone into this year looking at him differently. When guys step up and make plays in games, coaches have no choice but to play them, see Easly, Marcus.

Reaction Score
When an offense is stagnating lots of guys on the bench will get a little frustrated. Usually they can take out their frustrations by bearing down in practice. What complicates things went players feel they're not going to get their shot regardless of the performance. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Maybe if we go out and put a beating on the Bulls in the first half, will see lots of guys get touches in the second.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
tebuck will be the 3rd or 4th wr next year.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the purpose of the story was. Nothing in Tebucky, Jr.'s quotes sounded bad. In fact he sounded like a completely normal football player who wants playing time. Sounds like his Dad is giving him great advice and Jr. is following it. Don't really see the point at all of that article. Almost like Dez was trying to invent controversy.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the purpose of the story was. Nothing in Tebucky, Jr.'s quotes sounded bad. In fact he sounded like a completely normal football player who wants playing time. Sounds like his Dad is giving him great advice and Jr. is following it. Don't really see the point at all of that article. Almost like Dez was trying to invent controversy.

We have a noisy percentage of our fan base trying to create controversy on a weekly basis Folks on this board, other forums and "chats/blogs" are screaming to know what's wrong with the offense (besides GD TDH), where are all our playmakers, why aren't we stretching the field, yada, yada, yada... The dedicated beat reporter for the team tries to get some answers and he's called out for it?

Just saying....

Reaction Score
huskysupporter, post: 342182 said:
We have a noisy percentage of our fan base trying to create controversy on a weekly basis Folks on this board, other forums and "chats/blogs" are screaming to know what's wrong with the offense (besides GD TDH), where are all our playmakers, why aren't we stretching the field, yada, yada, yada... The dedicated beat reporter for the team tries to get some answers and he's called out for it?

Just saying....

I think Dez provides solid articles. Coverage of UCONN Football is like night and day compared to the years it was second fiddle to stafford motor speedway highlights.

With that said, the article had zero substance. Yes, a beat reporters job is to find newsworthy info. If Tebucky made inflammatory comments (such as the coaches lied, or Coach P is losing locker room), that is newsworthy. There was nothing that shed any light on the team.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think Dez provides solid articles. Coverage of UCONN Football is like night and day compared to the years it was second fiddle to stafford motor speedway highlights.

With that said, the article had zero substance. Yes, a beat reporters job is to find newsworthy info. If Tebucky made inflammatory comments (such as the coaches lied, or Coach P is losing locker room), that is newsworthy. There was nothing that shed any light on the team.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
This is the first I've heard that Tebucky Jones is a high-profile recruiting victory. Although it probably is disappointing for any young man not to be able to crack our WR two-deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom