Article about UMASS going to the AAC.. | The Boneyard

Article about UMASS going to the AAC..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
God help us if we are stuck in a conference that UMass is a member of also. It's bad enough with Tulane and East Carolina and a bunch of other flotsam and jetsam, but UMass too? Hopefully someone saves us soon.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Not good enough for the MAC, but good enough for the AAC - that is the headline if this happens.

Reaction Score
I know people here abhor the idea, but The American could do a lot worse than add Buffalo and UMass. They both offer competitive hoops, and between UMass, Buffalo, Temple, Navy, and UConn, you have a nice northeastern presence that would at least silence NelsonMunts about the American being Southern, Mid Major conference. I know, one of those names/schools is not like the rest.

Reaction Score
At least we arnt UMASS fans...sounds like they're pretty screwed.

Reaction Score
The title of this thread is bullcrap. That article is about UMASS football being screwed.

and why put an article on the demise UMASS football in the basketball board. Mods please move this.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's funny how fans get mad about UMass even hoping to join the AAC but have no problem with the rest of the detritus in the league.

Reaction Score
Hey, the hoop program hasn't made the NCAA's for 16 years, until this year. When they finally make it they get bounced out in the 1st game by a play in team. Guarenteed, Tenn. is probably the best ever play in team, but 1st round bounce out says it all.
Their football team is very unsuccessful at Gillette stadium. This means they can't deliver the Boston TV market. They now play in a 45+ year old 16K stadium.
The professors are rallying to have the program scaled back. Considering the support UMass gets from the Boston area controlled Mass. legislature, perhaps the UMass admins. should listen to these professors.

Reaction Score
God help us if we are stuck in a conference that UMass is a member of also. It's bad enough with Tulane and East Carolina and a bunch of other flotsam and jetsam, but UMass too? Hopefully someone saves us soon.

Since I recently moved from CT to MA, I wouldn't mind being able to catch an away game in state

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's funny how fans get mad about UMass even hoping to join the AAC but have no problem with the rest of the detritus in the league.

Just because we don't want UMass doesn't mean we're cool with ECU, Tulane and Tulsa.

Go look up the term mutual exclusivity.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You really should be banned. HFD was far less annoying and far less destructive.

You are kidding right? I am just pointing out that about 2/3's of this board only posts to trash other programs or other posters. I suspect your own posting history would not hold up too well if looked at in that light.

Do you ever say anything positive? I think UMass would be a good program to have in our conference, and if it was up to me, I would toss Tulsa and Tulane out tomorrow in favor of UMass. I would like to have a local rival in the league. I think it would be good for the program.

I look forward to 2+ more pages of posts trashing UMass without acknowledging the obvious comparison to teams in our own league. Enjoy.

Reaction Score
Do you ever say anything positive?

Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote this? Almost every post I make is a positive UCONN post. Your typical post suggests UCONN athletics is doomed.

You're an

Last edited:

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

You act like UConn had other, more appealing options...you take what you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom