Arod on Fan | The Boneyard

Arod on Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty interesting interview. He denied everything when asked direct questions by Fatso. I've always thought that Arod was getting shafted by MLB and the Yankees. If a commissioner is going to try to effectively end a players career he should at least show up at the appeal hearing to present whatever evidence he has. The Players Association told Arod that if he testified that there was a good chance his penalty would be increased.
The commissioner is an employee of 32 billionaire owners and is not some unbiased judge. It looks like this whole thing will end up in a real court where it belongs because that is the only fair way this issue will get resolved. The evidence from both sides should be evaluated by an independent jury in a venue where witnesses can be cross examined. If some of those involved are going to lie let them try to do it under oath in a real courtroom where they can suffer criminal consequences.
I'm not an Arod fan but IMO he has been unfairly singled out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's both guilty of PED's and absolutely right that MLB is treating him unfairly and quite likely paid the witnesses against him.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Selig has no responsibility to be there, via the AGREED UPON arbitration process set forth in the CBA.

A-roid, as usual, is being a loudmouth idiot whiner.

arod-purse.jpg

Reaction Score
I've litigated 100s of labor arbitrations over the years and can unequivocally tell you that his actions, which are extremely rare (I've seen it in 3 of my cases), are the actions of a guilty person who is getting crushed in the hearing. It is also possibly his way of avoiding having to testify....

The arbitration process, negotiated into and covered by the union contract, is his avenue to get his suspension by the commissioner overturned or reduced. He can make some weak arguments and try and run to court but in the end, the arbitrator's ruling will control.

Reaction Score
I've litigated 100s of labor arbitrations over the years and can unequivocally tell you that his actions, which are extremely rare (I've seen it in 3 of my cases), are the actions of a guilty person who is getting crushed in the hearing. It is also possibly his way of avoiding having to testify....

The arbitration process, negotiated into and covered by the union contract, is his avenue to get his suspension by the commissioner overturned or reduced. He can make some weak arguments and try and run to court but in the end, the arbitrator's ruling will control.

Absolutely agree. ARod and his legal team, from the start, have played a game of misdirection, trying to put Selig on trial instead. Per MLB: "In the entire history of the Joint Drug Agreement, the Commissioner has not testified in a single case." ARod had the chance to challenge Bosch. He had the chance to challenge Selig, via the Commissioner's designee, on the evidence and the length of the penalty. Goodness know he's spent enough on his legal team to to put forth a compelling case if he truly is innocent. Instead, he's looking more and more desperate.

He lied to Katie Couric, but now he's telling Francesca the truth?

Reaction Score
Arod is an idiot......but baseball is wrong! PERIOD.....pretty simpled. He should be treated no different than Peralta or the rest.

Reaction Score
Arod is an idiot......but baseball is wrong! PERIOD.....pretty simpled. He should be treated no different than Peralta or the rest.

That's the crux of this issue. Is MLB wrong or not? Right now we're only hearing persecution claims from Alex in a well-choreographed (and very expensive) PR campaign. When he started attacking Selig back in August, MLB said, in effect, OK, if you're innocent, give us the OK to release our evidence. ARod, then and ever since, has adamantly refused. I'd feel a lot better about Alex if he said, "Sure, release what you've got. I have nothing to hide."

Consider also, that in all the storm and thunder, ARod has consistently refused to talk under oath. He canceled a scheduled recent meeting with MLB due to "illness" and then blew up the arbitration hearing before he was to testify.

Did MLB pay for info? Probably. Are Bosch and likely the other MLB witnesses sleazy? Hell, yeah. But Selig would have to be the biggest a** in sports history if he decided to quadruple Alex's suspension over that of Peralta and the other 11 guys because "it's personal" or whatever Alex is claiming. MLB claims he acted to "obstruct and frustrate the Office of the Commissioner's investigation" beyond being a PED abuser. Personally, I'd like to hear what they have before I can absolve Alex. Given his track record and the quick acquiescence of the other 12 in this case, I gotta believe they have the goods on him.

Reaction Score
That's the crux of this issue. Is MLB wrong or not? Right now we're only hearing persecution claims from Alex in a well-choreographed (and very expensive) PR campaign. When he started attacking Selig back in August, MLB said, in effect, OK, if you're innocent, give us the OK to release our evidence. ARod, then and ever since, has adamantly refused. I'd feel a lot better about Alex if he said, "Sure, release what you've got. I have nothing to hide."

Consider also, that in all the storm and thunder, ARod has consistently refused to talk under oath. He canceled a scheduled recent meeting with MLB due to "illness" and then blew up the arbitration hearing before he was to testify.

Did MLB pay for info? Probably. Are Bosch and likely the other MLB witnesses sleazy? Hell, yeah. But Selig would have to be the biggest a* in sports history if he decided to quadruple Alex's suspension over that of Peralta and the other 11 guys because "it's personal" or whatever Alex is claiming. MLB claims he acted to "obstruct and frustrate the Office of the Commissioner's investigation" beyond being a PED abuser. Personally, I'd like to hear what they have before I can absolve Alex. Given his track record and the quick acquiescence of the other 12 in this case, I gotta believe they have the goods on him.

Did MLB pay for info? Probably. Are Bosch and likely the other MLB witnesses sleazy? Hell, yeah. But Selig would have to be the biggest a* in sports history if he decided to quadruple Alex's suspension over that of Peralta and the other 11 guys because "it's personal" or whatever Alex is claiming. MLB claims he acted to "obstruct and frustrate the Office of the Commissioner's investigation" beyond being a PED abuser. Personally, I'd like to hear what they have before I can absolve Alex. Given his track record and the quick acquiescence of the other 12 in this case, I gotta believe they have the goods on him.
I believe some of it is personal and they probably have evidence to prove he juiced. Did MLB set up some sort juicing scale to determine punishment? Arod didn't come clean and in fact he fought MLB which is his right. For that they tripled his punishment. IMO that is BS. I also believe that it is highly likely that the Yankees are working behind the scenes so that they can dump Arod and his contract and that has nothing to do with juicing and everything to do with money. I don't blame the Yankees because it is good business and any team would do it.
The quality of the evidence is a real issue. If the evidence is only testimony from paid witnesses then MLB may have problems in court. Arod's lawyers should have the opportunity to cross examine the witnesses and challenge the evidence and this can only happen in court. Also the issue of the penalty has to be litigated to come up with fair
punishment if he is guilty.
I'm a Sox fan who believes Arod juiced and is a jerk so I have no dog in this fight. I just don't think his punishment is fair. If MLB is going to triple his punishment for "Obstruction and frustration" then let them prove it in a real courtroom.

Reaction Score
I believe some of it is personal and they probably have evidence to prove he juiced. Did MLB set up some sort juicing scale to determine punishment? Arod didn't come clean and in fact he fought MLB which is his right. For that they tripled his punishment. IMO that is BS. I also believe that it is highly likely that the Yankees are working behind the scenes so that they can dump Arod and his contract and that has nothing to do with juicing and everything to do with money. I don't blame the Yankees because it is good business and any team would do it.
The quality of the evidence is a real issue. If the evidence is only testimony from paid witnesses then MLB may have problems in court. Arod's lawyers should have the opportunity to cross examine the witnesses and challenge the evidence and this can only happen in court. Also the issue of the penalty has to be litigated to come up with fair
punishment if he is guilty.
I'm a Sox fan who believes Arod juiced and is a jerk so I have no dog in this fight. I just don't think his punishment is fair. If MLB is going to triple his punishment for "Obstruction and frustration" then let them prove it in a real courtroom.

"Arod didn't come clean and in fact he fought MLB which is his right." It's his right to tamper with witnesses, which MLB alleges? In addition, MLB alleges that ARod tried to buy documents from Biogenesis with the express purpose of destroying evidence.

"Arod's lawyers should have the opportunity to cross examine the witnesses and challenge the evidence and this can only happen in court." Can only happen in court? Why? ARod's legal team did, in fact, cross examine Bosch in the arbitration hearing.

"Also the issue of the penalty has to be litigated to come up with fair punishment if he is guilty." That is precisely what is being arbitrated. Mr. Horowitz has the full ability to reduce or eliminate Selig's penalty. MLB does, in fact, need to prove that their evidence merits the length of the suspension. Steve Howe was banned for life and an arbitrator reduced that to 119 days.

For whatever reason, ARod would rather litigate this on WFAN and via press conference. It's not going to help in arbitration and it's not going to help in court.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, ARod would rather litigate this on WFAN and via press conference. It's not going to help in arbitration and it's not going to help in court.

Seems pretty simple. Francesa lobbed grapefruit questions to A-Rod that were not required to be answered truthfully as they would under oath. If he said No to the arbiter, He could very well have been charged with perjury. He admitted to Katie Couric that he took PEDs while with the Rangers due to the pressure of signing a huge contract.

And for Mau, where the inevitable Papi comparison is sure to come, Papi has given MLB no further reason to be suspicious. You call it being a nice guy vs. being a . Others call it being associated with a chemistry lab operator and known PED dealer vs. not being associated with a chemistry lab operator and known PED dealer.

Is A-Rod a disagreeable person? Unless, there is a major self-promotion opportunity, yes.
Is A-Rod guilty of something? Probably
Is MLB being fair? Doesn't look like it.
Is A-Rod a hall of Famer? Yes. He should be, with an explanation included somewhere on the plaque.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems pretty simple. Francesa lobbed grapefruit questions to A-Rod that were not required to be answered truthfully as they would under oath. If he said No to the arbiter, He could very well have been charged with perjury. He admitted to Katie Couric that he took PEDs while with the Rangers due to the pressure of signing a huge contract.

And for Mau, where the inevitable Papi comparison is sure to come, Papi has given MLB no further reason to be suspicious. You call it being a nice guy vs. being a . Others call it being associated with a chemistry lab operator and known PED dealer vs. not being associated with a chemistry lab operator and known PED dealer.

Is A-Rod a disagreeable person? Unless, there is a major self-promotion opportunity, yes.
Is A-Rod guilty of something? Probably
Is MLB being fair? Doesn't look like it.
Is A-Rod a hall of Famer? Yes. He should be, with an explanation included somewhere on the plaque.

See Jerry you're now lumped in with yet another dope who doesn't know baseball is over and the "inevitable" papi comparison isn't coming because no one gives a rats a** about either of the cheaters but you 2.....It's Husky basketball season enjoy it........but your summary in this situation is all screwed up!! It has so much dipsh*t Red Sox fan written all over it it's hilarious!

Enjoy

Husky25

Reaction Score
The Season is over, Mau, not the A-Rod's saga (about which you responded last Friday...well after the season was over, and the duck boats passed through the streets of Boston in celebration.). So get off your high horse about not commenting about baseball in the offseason.

The UConn Men don't play every night and the Football team only plays once a week. I'm following the Soccer and Hockey team from afar, but don't know enough about them to respond. We gotta fill our procrastination time with something and there is no Celtics or Bruins board on this site.

Reaction Score
The Season is over, Mau, not the A-Rod's saga (about which you responded last Friday...well after the season was over, and the duck boats passed through the streets of Boston in celebration.). So get off your high horse about not commenting about baseball in the offseason.

The UConn Men don't play every night and the Football team only plays once a week. I'm following the Soccer and Hockey team from afar, but don't know enough about them to respond. We gotta fill our procrastination time with something and there is no Celtics or Bruins board on this site.

I'm not on my high horse pal, just laugh at your paragraph on Mau and Papi.........can you talk about it without bringing up me? Stalking little f'er huh?:eek:

Husky25

Reaction Score
It was preemptive, because I know how much you need to have the last word...

Reaction Score
It was preemptive, because I know how much you need to have the last word...

Still do;).......but 25 Papi is not on my mind and the ARod thing is baseball's show not mine.......don't care!! Have a good day, seriously!! All good

Reaction Score
See Jerry you're now lumped in with yet another dope who doesn't know baseball is over

WTF??

Yeah, it's basketball season, but it's also a pretty active time in baseball, where much of the stage for '14 is being set. As a long-time NY fan, I'm upset about the ARod circus, and just responded to a thread.

For someone who "don't care!! " I see you posted four times and liked another post in this one baseball [off-season] thread.

Reaction Score
Good for you Cheddie......the circus has little to do with actual "baseball".....free agent signings, trades and such are baseball......but thanks for your input........I read the posts here all the time no matter. Not tough jumping from the hoops board......just no interest in ARod or the hearings......think baseball is wrong

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But Selig would have to be the biggest a* in sports history if he decided to quadruple Alex's suspension over that of Peralta and the other 11 guys because "it's personal" or whatever Alex is claiming.

Are you saying he isn't? Of course it's personal.

Reaction Score
Are you saying he isn't? Of course it's personal.

Not to beat a dead horse, as I'm truly sick of the ARod s***.... I'm saying I can't imagine Selig deciding on 211 games because he dislikes ARod. (If that were the case, what would Braun, playing on Bud's favorite team and who beat the system once already, have gotten?) Selig has got to have a lot more than simple usage.

In that vein, arbitration has historically been viewed as favoring players (it was Miller's creation and the owners HATE it.) I have no idea what evidence MLB or ARod have, but the arbitrator (a non-baseball professional selected jointly by MLB and the players association) would laugh MLB out of the room if the case were based on a grudge. So we'll see in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom