Arkeel - RBs w/ most missed tackles forced in AAC | The Boneyard

Arkeel - RBs w/ most missed tackles forced in AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
How many were in the backfield before being tackled for a loss or no gain?
True. He faced a jailbreak because of the matadors pretty much each run play.......

Reaction Score
Louie Benjamin ‏@PFF_Louie 4m 4 minutes ago
RBs w/ most missed tackles forced in AAC
1. Marlon Mack, USF
2. Arkeel Newsome, Uconn
T3. D'Angelo Brewer, Tulsa
T3. Duke Catalon, Houston
Is there a definition on what is considered a missed tackle? Seems like this could be a very subjective stat. One statistician could consider it a missed tackle only when there is a broken tackle. While another statistician may consider any defender not making a play who came within arms reach. My guess is we have an easy scorer at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Arkeel Newsome + Noel Thomas = the worst offense in America?!?

Pathetic. I feel like a teenager well-versed in Madden '17 could have done a better job with our offense.

To be fair the offensive line has been the keystone of the problem. Immediate D penetration (yeah I said it).

Reaction Score
I've been bullish on this kid even in his freshman season when he had issues fumbling. He is the number one playmaker on this team bar none.

That Diaco hasn't found a way to use him similar to how Darren Sproles is used is further proof he is a dummy. No let's run Ron Johnson on stretch plays instead. Those are run to watch.

Reaction Score
I've been bullish on this kid even in his freshman season when he had issues fumbling. He is the number one playmaker on this team bar none.

That Diaco hasn't found a way to use him similar to how Darren Sproles is used is further proof he is a dummy. No let's run Ron Johnson on stretch plays instead. Those are run to watch.

Yeah he's been my favorite since he's a Waterbury kid like me. IMO it seemed like they just kept trying to force the assumption that RJ would be the crusher and then Arkeel would kill them with the speed. But if you watch, Arkeel is a better runner in between the tackles than RJ. I haven't really analyzed game film, but I wouldn't be surprised if those run plays were not called as stretch runs, but instead RJ not seeing holes or not being patient and then try to bounce to the outside.

Reaction Score
One of the most inexcusable aspects of our offense all year has been not getting Arkeel more touches.

It's not so much touches as touches on open space. Arkeel is not a burner by any stretch but he has incredible vision in the open field, really know how to set up blocks. That blame falls squarely in the hc and oc.

Reaction Score
I commented a few times this season on how much Arkeel has progressed in this area. As a freshman many on here complained that he went down with the slightest bump. This year he regularly gained years after first contact. It was one of the few bright spots to watch.

Reaction Score
To be fair the offensive line has been the keystone of the problem. Immediate D penetration (yeah I said it).
Lol.

But still... we returned the entire offense and his REC total was cut in half. No matter how fast the D penetrates, swing passes should still be an option.

Reaction Score
Lol.

But still... we returned the entire offense and his REC total was cut in half. No matter how fast the D penetrates, swing passes should still be an option.

... and Noel Thomas' receptions doubled.

Reaction Score
Lol.

In all honesty, I think even the time for a swing pass was too long to hold the pressure. It became that bad. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I'd be willing to bet that at least 60-70% of Noel's catches were either behind the LOS or within 5 yards of it.

Reaction Score

Agree Noey... same logic was used in too numerous to mention situations that have little up this board. 23 days...

Reaction Score
Looking more into it, Newsome/Thomas combined yardage improved from '15 to '16 (including the miserable final 4 games) so basically the talent returned, improved, increased production and the unit went in the toilet... Say what you will about the OL, the total production is 110% a coaching issue.

Reaction Score
Looking more into it, Newsome/Thomas combined yardage improved from '15 to '16 (including the miserable final 4 games) so basically the talent returned, improved, increased production and the unit went in the toilet... Say what you will about the OL, the total production is 110% a coaching issue.

Oh without a doubt. The problems with the OL are 110% a coaching issue too.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
There is no reason why he didn't get at least 20 touches a game. He along with the Tight Ends were under used to say the least.

Reaction Score
This coaching staff has done nothing but waste Newsome's dynamic ability.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if you put Arkeel behind an average offensive line, he's easily a 1,000+ yard rusher the last two seasons. If you put him with a competent coaching staff, he catches 50-60 passes for 700+ yards. Add in kickoff returns (on a team that actually blocks), and he's somewhere around 2,500 all-purpose yards (at the very least) each season and an all conference player.

He has that ability. Let's hope they don't waste his senior season.....

Reaction Score
Any OC who takes Newsome out on 3rd down to insert Ron Johnson as Verducci did over and over again this season shows a total lack of understanding of his own personnel. The miss use of Newsome more than any other dumb thing our coaches did this year bother me the most.

Reaction Score
There is no reason why he didn't get at least 20 touches a game. He along with the Tight Ends were under used to say the least.

Absurd. You are clearly someone into Scoreboard Success......how un-evolved of you. It bet your pants aren't even red! If they were, you would know why using an elusive back who also has pretty good hands or any of our 6'5" TEs isn't the way to go. Grow up!

Get some fish oil in your diet and it will make more sense to you. If you aren't already too far gone.

Reaction Score
Why has Newsome not seen more screens, slants and dump offs is ridiculous. He's small but he shifty and hard to tackle. Get the ball to him in space and you see him just make things happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom