Arkeel Newsome | The Boneyard

Arkeel Newsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we got the better back in Newsome (over BC commit Outlow) hands down!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'd have trouble climbing up on that box! :p

Same here, 68! Did anyone else notice how they both got the same results but Sharrief seemed to get up a lot quicker than Arkeel? I don't think it means much as Arkeel's game doesn't rely on an explosive vertical. I look forward to seeing him run by and over people, not out leap them.

Reaction Score
I think we got the better back in Newsome (over BC commit Outlow) hands down!

Offer sheets would show that too. Outlow (tOSU, Oregon, Bama, OK, OKSt, So. Carolina, Florida, Iowa, Clemson, Michigan, UCLA, Texas Tech, Pitt). Newsome (UMass), GET REAL

pj

Reaction Score
Time will tell. Outlow has prototypical size and Newsome is small. But Newsome can be a great back.

pj

Reaction Score
Arkeel jumped higher than Sharrief, he had inches to spare. I didn't see the "get up quicker". Deadlifts looked great but I wish they wouldn't let him carry the bar back to the rack. Protect your back Arkeel! Get your spotter to help with re-racking. If you want to do a farmer's walk, carry weights at your side, not in front.

Reaction Score
Offer sheets would show that too. Outlow (tOSU, Oregon, Bama, OK, OKSt, So. Carolina, Florida, Iowa, Clemson, Michigan, UCLA, Texas Tech, Pitt). Newsome (UMass), GET REAL
Funny thing...I had a long detailed conversation with former NFA and Univ of Maryland player (AND former New London HS asst football coach) JJ Justice about Outlow. He told me that in his opinion from his experiences as a player Outlow wann't tough enough or willing to sellout to get the extra yard....carry his team on his back to a state championship. He had this conversation with Outlow before NFA got beat in the playoffs last uear and he was a Non-entity. According to JJ...Marcus Outlow wil be in for a HUGE surprise when he gets to the next level and finds out everyone is as talented as he is. So I'll take the word of a kid who played at that level any day of the week over your offer list.

Reaction Score
Funny thing...I had a long detailed conversation with former NFA and Univ of Maryland player (AND former New London HS asst football coach) JJ Justice about Outlow. He told me that in his opinion from his experiences as a player Outlow wann't tough enough or willing to sellout to get the extra yard....carry his team on his back to a state championship. He had this conversation with Outlow before NFA got beat in the playoffs last uear and he was a Non-entity. According to JJ...Marcus Outlow wil be in for a HUGE surprise when he gets to the next level and finds out everyone is as talented as he is. So I'll take the word of a kid who played at that level any day of the week over your offer list.

So you'd trust some burnout college running back and high school coach over the evaluation of the coaching staffs of the country's best programs ?? I see where this is going. Again, get real

Reaction Score
So you'd trust some burnout college running back and high school coach over the evaluation of the coaching staffs of the country's best programs ?? I see where this is going. Again, get real
So you are telling me that on the field production between the 2 that Outlow is the better back? That we got screwed and settled for Newsome? Whatever...I can see by your 4 post total you are an expert anyway.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I'm not a moderator but if you use a "Z" when spelling the word HUSKIES and throw a 3rd grade sexual reference like "69" behind it...

http://fromthebungalow.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/youre-a-.jpg

Get Real.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Newsome is a better for the zone blocking that UCONN uses. So yes I think Newsome is a better back for UCONN.

Reaction Score
So you are telling me that on the field production between the 2 that Outlow is the better back? That we got screwed and settled for Newsome? Whatever...I can see by your 4 post total you are an expert anyway.

Did I say that anywhere ? Nope. All I mentioned was a comparison of the two offer sheets, which is a representation of the evaluation/opinion of guys that are paid to evaluate, and in this case, at the highest level in the country.

If coming here to defend a bunch of 3rd rate recruits that P beats out UMass and Fordham for is what helps you sleep at night, more power to you. This class is a joke and the first one that will start the slow crawl back to 1-AA. All I did was make a comparison based on public information, which is the most useful way to determine a players value on a national level.

Reaction Score
Did I say that anywhere ? Nope. All I mentioned was a comparison of the two offer sheets, which is a representation of the evaluation/opinion of guys that are paid to evaluate, and in this case, at the highest level in the country.

If coming here to defend a bunch of 3rd rate recruits that P beats out UMass and Fordham for is what helps you sleep at night, more power to you. This class is a joke and the first one that will start the slow crawl back to 1-AA. All I did was make a comparison based on public information, which is the most useful way to determine a players value on a national level.

This poster has BC troll written all over her.

Reaction Score
Offer sheets are quite different, what would the reason be. Not like Newsome is under the radar, he is productive, seems like stocky/strong and fast, thought his best feature was agility - isn't that Noel Devine only bigger? I very pleased we got him, but then I'm pretty pleased with most everyone we get.
I got band from posting on the chicks board for sayn' someone was an asswipe (my interpretation was that Title IX equality does not include fan sensibilities), is it ok to categorize huskiez69 as an asswipe on the football recruiting board? If not, I take it back.:confused:

Reaction Score

I have been the first one to knock P about tue need dor him to upgrade his Asst's (see my many posts slamming Cersosimo). But defending 3rd rate recruits? Newsome has it over Outlow number wise and performance wise in big games...last time I knew Newsome has had 2 HUGE state championship games..winnig both..and Ansonia has rolled..feeding him the ball! What has Outlow done besides not show ip in a semi-final last year? They are both 3 star rated on ESPN, Rivals and Scout. Difference in offers Outlow is 199 lbs Newsome is listed at 173. I will challange you on your claim abouy a 1AA recruiting class..the guys in my tailgate group all played under jackson and Holtz..including 3 co-captains. They all said there is no way they could play at UCONN now. These guys were all yankee conf too. By the way since it is a hot topic and you have such a pointed opinion at where this program is headed do you have season tickets or do you buy single game tickets at all? if not I guess you and your por attitude are just part of the problem not a solution.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score

UConn has a number of former recruits now playing and starting in the NFL that you would have considered third-rate . Yawin Smallwood will probably be a high draft choice next year and his only offer was UMass. There very well could be future pros among this group. Who knows, but coming on here and describing the kids who commit to play here in such a manner makes you the the only thing third-rate around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom