Arizona / Arizona State to B12? | The Boneyard

Arizona / Arizona State to B12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Hmmm, our Pac12 icepacks seems a little thin...I know, lets abandon it for that sinking iceberg with the Big12 on the side of it..."

Reaction Score
"Hmmm, our Pac12 icepacks seems a little thin...I know, lets abandon it for that sinking iceberg with the Big12 on the side of it..."

If Zona and ASU went to the Big 12, that would completely change the power dynamic in the P5 conferences. The Big 12 would absolutely not be a sinking ship at that point. It's still definitely not happening, though.

Reaction Score
Arizona and Arizona State get reportedly over 25% of their students on and off the field from California. They are not leaving the PAC.

Reaction Score
Arizona is full of CA transplants. There is zero chance Arizona and Arizona State will leave the PAC and go to Texas league run by Texas. It will not happen. This is totally wishful thinking on the B12's part. B12 is simply a disaster waiting to implode if they don't expand.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
These B12 people absolutely refuse to see the writing on the wall. I'm surprised we haven't heard any rumors from "well placed sources" saying that Ohio St, Michigan, Alabama and LSU aren't considering a move to the B12. Unreal.

Reaction Score
The Arizonas are even in the same time zone as the west coast PAC 12 schools - for half the year.

Reaction Score
The B12 is still in denial. They believe because they have some traditionally winning program (Oklahoma, Texas, etc..) they remain an attractive conference. I am sure in their minds Zona and ASU would be lucky to get an opportunity to play in the B12.

The reality is much different. The B12 is a poorly run league without a common strategy. Due to splintered visions and leadership they are slow to react and have fallen behind the other P5 conferences in terms of income and viewers (ok, it is currently a battle between the ACC and B12 for most vulnerable but I am putting B12 in the #1 spot since the ACC's territory is more populous.) There is absolutely no team from the Big10, SEC or PAC10 who would move to the B12.

That said, hopefully the B12 is putting feelers out to others P5 schools. Once every current P5 teams turns down the B12 they will have to accept: 1. they need to expand if they want to survive 2. their current expansion options are at the G5 level.

We know who is at top of the G5 options. I really believe if UConn gets an opportunity we can build a competitive football program and maintain an elite basketball program. UConn offers more to the B12 than any other school. We may be a "poor cultural" fit and geographically far away but sometimes you've got to draft the best available player as opposed to the position you need. UConn is the best available player for the B12.

Reaction Score
These B12 people absolutely refuse to see the writing on the wall. I'm surprised we haven't heard any rumors from "well placed sources" saying that Ohio St, Michigan, Alabama and LSU aren't considering a move to the B12. Unreal.

I read on another board recently that Michigan has eyes for the ACC. Seriously.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I read on another board recently that Michigan has eyes for the ACC. Seriously.

I read that too. He said that Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern and Purdue were all set to go and the ACC said no because they wanted Indiana instead. Even the other posters were "skeptical."

Reaction Score
I read that too. He said that Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern and Purdue were all set to go and the ACC said no because they wanted Indiana instead. Even the other posters were "skeptical."

That is the one.

His post is probably enough to get on the FBIs radar. It was about the craziest thing I have ever read.

Reaction Score
Fun of speculation peaked too early. This is getting boring as the scenarios get more and more farfetched

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I can see it now....

ACC Presidents: "So John we've got Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern, and Purdue all lined up to sign on. Just need you to pull the trigger here and give the ok."
Swofford: "WHAT??!?! Purdue??!? No way! I don't care if you toss in Ohio State. I am NOT taking that deal until I can get Indiana."
ACC Presidents: "But John, this will give you two powerhouse football programs, the Chicago market, and a great academic school! What more could you want?"
Swofford: "I said NO! I refuse to take Purdue. You get me Indiana and it's done!"
ACC Presidents: "But, but, but.....God you're an idiot!"

Reaction Score
Only way this happens is if Global Warming's coastal flooding predictions render much of the Pac-12 conference underwater.

If it doesn't fall into the ocean first as seen on the news this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom