Aresco: We are losing multiple schools | The Boneyard

Aresco: We are losing multiple schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
FB only is not good for us. That would mean BYU is FB only, UH is in, and Cinco is in. Who else would be FB only? Tulane?

Reaction Score
"“I’ll have two days of meetings with our athletic directors and this will be a topic in that room,” Aresco said. “But outside of that room, we won’t be talking about it."

images

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Anyone think that Houston would be football only? Their basketball is horrible and making UConn football only leaves all the value of the Northeast monetarily out of reach.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Us as football only would be really weird. I'll take it in lieu of nothing, but I would think a big part of our value to fill B12 programming is our mens and womans BB. Plus, as a football only school, I'd feel easily cast off in 2026.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Does the B12 contract account for FB only?

And didn't he just talk about it?

I'd be fine with FB only if the (shudders) the BE would take everything else. Not idea or the best outcome but it gives FB a shot to elevate and BB a better conference.

Money wise it sounds not so great. But money for us is really third. Behind P5 access and brand exposure.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Anyone think that Houston would be football only? Their basketball is horrible and making UConn football only leaves all the value of the Northeast monetarily out of reach.
I hadn't yet but that makes some sense.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think he means he would bring in football-only AAC members. PLEASE DEAR LORD, DO NOT LEAVE UCONN BEHIND IN THIS GARBAGE CONFERENCE.

To me, football-only AAC members means that Aresco would consider west coast schools again for expansion. Travel only for football.

If UConn isn't on this escape pod, we're toast.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
FB only is not good for us. That would mean BYU is FB only, UH is in, and Cinco is in. Who else would be FB only? Tulane?

yeah, there's absolutely no doubt that if the B12 is looking to add football only members then it's a bleak look for UConn. That being said, everyone here knows what we have to offer (basketball, soccer, field hockey, academics, etc), and the biggest of all of those things is television in the NE. If the goal of the B12 is stability with UT and OU, money can go a long way, and I think they'll be completely missing the mark, from a monetary stand point, if they don't take advantage of the NYC/Boston market... which UConn will deliver.

Reaction Score
I think he means he would bring in football-only AAC members.

?"Aresco also has heard that the Big 12 is looking at bringing in some schools as football-only members."?

Reaction Score
Maybe it's BYU for football only and UConn for football and basketball only, with Cincy and Houston as full members?

Reaction Score
I think he means he would bring in football-only AAC members. PLEASE DEAR LORD, DO NOT LEAVE UCONN BEHIND IN THIS GARBAGE CONFERENCE.

To me, football-only AAC members means that Aresco would consider west coast schools again for expansion. Travel only for football.

If UConn isn't on this escape pod, we're toast.
I can hear it now, Dooley.

"While we feel that UConn is a top tier university with an elite athletic program that would be at home in any of the Power Five conferences, we are excited about the future of the American conference, and will continue to be a leading member as we look to the future. There are some strong candidates to replace those who have left..."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
?"Aresco also has heard that the Big 12 is looking at bringing in some schools as football-only members."?

Thanks medic. This what happens when you try to read 1,000 different things at the same time. :)

Reaction Score
We won't be football only. We're all or nothing. I can't even be something that has come up from the Big 12. The only schools that could be football only are those that are strong at football (BYU, Boise). Interesting question by UC1995. Houston as football only could be a way for Texas to say they did what they could. Hopefully it would be BYU/Houston football only, and UConn, Cincy as all sports. The obvious nightmare is if the Big 12 goes "local" with Memphis, or "Florida recruiting hotbed" with UCF.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's BYU for football only and UConn for football and basketball only, with Cincy and Houston as full members?

"BYU for football only" is consistent with some of the "insiders" *cough* on Twitter that past 48 hours.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Maybe UConn and Cincy as full members, BYU and Houston as FB only? That may be a compromise on the "expansion only happens if Houston is included" insistence of the TX politicians.

Or maybe they go major expansion and have UConn, Cincy, Houston, and UCF as full members...with BYU and Boise St as FB only members.

Those are the only two scenarios in which FB only is a good thing for UConn. I just don't see UConn accepting a FB only invite.

Reaction Score
A 13 team basketball conference can be done. Hell the Big East did it. BYU football only. UConn, Cincy, Houston all sports. Solves Sunday play and part of the travel issues for Olympic Sports.

Reaction Score
From the article, I don't think he was referring to AAC schools as FB only, but others.There have been reports that BYU might be considered as FB only I believe. Doesn't this square with adding BYU(FB)Houston (all sports), Cinn, UConn?

On the other hand, they can't just add one FB only school right?

Reaction Score
A 13 team basketball conference can be done. Hell the Big East did it. BYU football only. UConn, Cincy, Houston all sports. Solves Sunday play and part of the travel issues for Olympic Sports.
Yes. I like this. :)

Reaction Score
If it's 6 schools could be Boise, BYU football only. Houston, Uconn, UC and one of the Fl school full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom