Are there any worthy in-state 'sleeper' recruits in 2012-13 class? | The Boneyard

Are there any worthy in-state 'sleeper' recruits in 2012-13 class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know Connecticut girls high Scool basketball doesn't yield a lot of uconn-worthy recruits, usually; but, the 2012-13 class might need to bear fruit. That is because uconn seems to be a bit thin in its national recruiting for that year, based on what has been on the board lately.

Here's a link naming last year's all staters, but it doesn't say which ones were juniors:

http://www.cthssports.com/allstate.php?sport_id=13&year=2012

Anyone have an scouting reports on current CT hoop gurlz?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If Ashley Perez or Bria Holmes didn't warrant taking a flier on, I'd be shocked if any seniors this year will.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno might have interest in Morgan Olander...maybe primarily as a practice player. He has said he wants to get to 12 kids next year....it is at 9 now with Erica McCall
the only one we are apparently still after. Of course Geno could be still looking at others of whom we know not. Olander is a student at E.O. Smith right in Storrs and is the sister of UConn guy-side guy Tyler Olander. I believe Morgan is about 6' and primarily is an inside player. Frankly I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she winds up on the team next year.
I am not sure but one of her parents may be a prof at the school....which might mean she could attend UConn at no expense....no schollie needed at all.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno might have interest in Morgan Olander...maybe primarily as a practice player. He has said he wants to get to 12 kids next year....it is at 9 now with Erica McCall
the only one we are apparently still after. Of course Geno could be still looking at others of whom we know not. Olander is a student at E.O. Smith right in Storrs and is the sister of UConn guy-side guy Tyler Olander. I believe Morgan is about 6' and primarily is an inside player. Frankly I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she winds up on the team next year.
I am not sure but one of her parents may be a prof at the school....which might mean she could attend UConn at no expense....no schollie needed at all.
10 with McCall, 9 without. But I could see Geno having a walk-on or two.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If Ashley Perez or Bria Holmes didn't warrant taking a flier on, I'd be shocked if any seniors this year will.
I agree, but I think (just a guess) that they passed on Holmes because they thought Diamond was in the bag. Error by the coaches... It seems that they are finally learning as they are casting a wider net for 2014...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom