Apologista Roll Call | The Boneyard

Apologista Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been saying that I trusted Benedict to make a reasonable play given the cards he held. None of us know what his hand was. I'm betting he made a reasonable call and now it's time to support his hire.

If this is true, we are a beter football team than we were on Sunday by a wide margin. Folks here can be behind Edsall or not, but no one was left behind Diaco and if we become better this is New England -- folks will appear again soon enough.

Reaction Score
Come on everyone, get on board the HCRE train before it leaves the station

latest

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I've been saying that I trusted Benedict to make a reasonable play given the cards he held. None of us know what his hand was. I'm betting he made a reasonable call and now it's time to support his hire.

If this is true, we are a beter football team than we were on Sunday by a wide margin. Folks here can be behind Edsall or not, but no one was left behind Diaco and if we become better this is New England -- folks will appear again soon enough.

You mentioned in anothe thread, a total rebuild.

At UConn and MD, HCRE did that and lost bigly.

Do you think RE2.0 needs to tear down and rebuild or do we have enough to win 4 or 5 games?

Reaction Score
You mentioned in anothe thread, a total rebuild.

At UConn and MD, HCRE did that and lost bigly.

Do you think RE2.0 needs to tear down and rebuild or do we have enough to win 4 or 5 games?

I'll do a longer post on this in a few days, but if I assume we get a QB who is close to competent from somewhere (Shirreffs comes back, Williams is better than he looked, ur we get a transfer) next year's team with coaching can be somewhat better than this year's team through the UCF game. And this year's team through the UCF game -- before it quit -- was bad, but not really worse than the year before -- just didn't have things go its way like the '15 team. But I'd ignore what happened when the wheels came off when any new coach. That was about a team quitting, and while I don't know what happened at Maryland we never saw a team quit on Edsall for a season. Not once..

Reaction Score
I'll do a longer post on this in a few days, but if I assume we get a QB who is close to competent from somewhere (Shirreffs comes back, Williams is better than he looked, ur we get a transfer) next year's team with coaching can be somewhat better than this year's team through the UCF game. And this year's team through the UCF game -- before it quit -- was bad, but not really worse than the year before -- just didn't have things go its way like the '15 team. But I'd ignore what happened when the wheels came off when any new coach. That was about a team quitting, and while I don't know what happened at Maryland we never saw a team quit on Edsall for a season. Not once..

By the way -- I'm not really on board with your premise. He didn't have to do a total rebuild here -- he had to do a total build. And at Maryland, while it didn't excuse the way they feel apart at the end of his tenure, I think the horrific start had as much to do with injuries well beyond normal than being determined to tear everything down and start from the beginning.

I don't think winning 4 or 5 games next year is a turnaround -- I think a real turnaround will take time -- but I think just having real coaching can, if we have a QB, make us better.

Reaction Score
As someone who got sick of Edsall and his agent floating his name for every job opening, the last few years have been humble pie for me. I'm sure Randy's crash and burn at Maryland was likely the same for him.

Sometimes the two sides can't see how good they have it until they split apart. Edsall too has to see now that no where else is 7-5, going to have the fan base clamoring to give him an extension.

I do worry that you have to score a lot of points in this league and that just isn't his style.

I'm buying single game tickets to opening day and I'll go from there.

We will be competent. That is HUGE step up from what he had a month ago.

Reaction Score
Make me eat my words Randy but winning a couple more games or playing better is great but other teams are high flying and your teams are not. Good Luck to whoever it is Go Huskies

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I will not be getting on board the Edsall train. Benedict can't hire a defensive coach when he promised us offense.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
By the way -- I'm not really on board with your premise. He didn't have to do a total rebuild here -- he had to do a total build. And at Maryland, while it didn't excuse the way they feel apart at the end of his tenure, I think the horrific start had as much to do with injuries well beyond normal than being determined to tear everything down and start from the beginning.

I don't think winning 4 or 5 games next year is a turnaround -- I think a real turnaround will take time -- but I think just having real coaching can, if we have a QB, make us better.

I was also referring to the massive departure from MD of players.

I hope RE2.0 comes in with a softer touch.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's been 6 years, I feel like we need badges next to our usernames so we can keep track of Apologistas, anti-Edsallistas, and former Apologistas who changed allegiances when Randy left for his Dream Job®.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
It's been 6 years, I feel like we need badges next to our usernames so we can keep track of Apologistas, anti-Edsallistas, and former Apologistas who changed allegiances when Randy left for his Dream Job®.

I was a hard core apologista who was pissed when he left for MD. Not how, but to his dream job???

I'm happy to see the program win again.

Reaction Score
Obviously I'm tenured lifetime member of the RE Apologista fan club and here's a reason you should feel good about this hire.

Forget the way he left, he'll apologize and then we can be done with it.

UConn football is Randy Edsall's baby. Unfortunately he gave it up for adoption, only to see it get abused for the past 6 years.

I have no doubt he regretted every second he was away from UConn and it pained him more than anyone to see his baby abused the way it was.

I don't doubt for a second he has learned a lot over the years and I fully expect him to be more flexible and most certainly I believe he and DB have come to an agreement that the UConn offense needs to be more exciting and RE is willing to hire that type of OC and leave him alone.

Did you ever do something and regret it, but never had the chance to make up for it? Randy has a chance at a reset and I would be shocked if he did not succeed.

By the way. If he can recruit and coach up players for the Big East and win it, he certainly can do the same in the AAC. What made that work for him was continuity with the coaching staff, so that will be key.

My hope is Foley and Wholley return to give it that old time UConn flavor.

O Fortuna lightly grilled please.

Oh, and screw you Hathaway.

Reaction Score
I was also referring to the massive departure from MD of players.

I hope RE2.0 comes in with a softer touch.

I hope he comes in with a softer touch too. But not too soft. The love thy player no matter what didn't work.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I hope he comes in with a softer touch too. But not too soft. The love thy player no matter what didn't work.

No worries about too soft. lol!!!

Reaction Score

I have zero problem with his approach to players. I follow Maryland closely (went there for 2 years). Coach Edsall entered a tough situation there. Friedgen let players do what they wanted. Locker room didn't like being held accountable. Enter Coach Edsall. Players whined, many left, some kicked off team, and others, led by QB Danny O'Brien were very vocal. (He transferred to Wisconsin and played horrendously). We need him to have same tough approach holding players accountable on and off the field.

What I am hoping for is a kinder and gentler Randy to media and local coaches.

Reaction Score
Come on everyone, get on board the HCRE train before it leaves the station

latest

Sorry. Count me an ex long time season ticket holder. I think there will be more than a few of us in that category. This goes against all of the hoopla re making UCONN football exciting again
We are officially confirmed as the laughing stock of college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom