APB: Omar Calhoun are you out there? | The Boneyard

APB: Omar Calhoun are you out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone, Anyone:

Please notify Omar Calhoun that we are in the middle of BBALL season. His services and presence are requested / needed.

Reaction Score
#27 recruit in the nation is starting to look a bit like Curtis Kelly the 2nd.

Reaction Score
When you find him, please ask him how the double hip surgery and lack of time to work exclusively on his game while he was rehabbing may have led to the decline in his play this year.

Reaction Score
When you find him, please ask him how the double hip surgery and lack of time to work exclusively on his game while he was rehabbing may have led to the decline in his play this year.

I will ask him that as soon as I ask him why he is strictly a 3 pt line jump shooter. Go strong to the hole and dont just put up lazy ass 3 pt shots all game.

Reaction Score
I will ask him that as soon as I ask him why he is strictly a 3 pt line jump shooter. Go strong to the hole and dont just put up lazy ass 3 pt shots all game.

Did you want to ask Albert Mouring and Rashad Anderson the same questions?

Reaction Score
Did you want to ask Albert Mouring and Rashad Anderson the same questions?

Sir,

I KNOW AL MOURING & RASHAD ANDERSON and O. CALHOUN is no RASHAD ANDERSON! :)

I know Calhoun had the surgery etc. but still there is no excuse for his lack of fire, intensity and going hard at it. Don;t just shoot lazy deep outside shots. He has become completely one-dimensional and he's not even been good at that one dimension. His game has not developed and progressed at all.

Reaction Score
I think Omar had made a big effort to attack the hoop this year. It has not worked out well for him. He doesn't have the skills or quickness to take anyone off the dribble. If he is not hitting those three pointers he does us no good.

Reaction Score
My new years wish for Omar is to spend 30 minutes with a coach so he can learn to dribble the ball before he takes a step.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sir,

I know Calhoun had the surgery etc. but still there is no excuse for his lack of fire, intensity and going hard at it. Don;t just shoot lazy deep outside shots. He has become completely one-dimensional and he's not even been good at that one dimension. His game has not developed and progressed at all.
This is the way you see it. I don't see him lacking fire, intensity or going hard at it. I see him trying hard and not being effective at things. Niels doesn't try to drive to the basket because he struggles with dribbling. Does this mean he lacks drive to his game? No it means he has limited skill sets. One of the ways we like to put people down is to conclude that the reason for failure is attitude. You have no way of knowing OC's attitude. All you have is your perception which may be entirely inaccurate.

People have pointed out that he had no offseason preparation as a result of his surgery. Many players struggle when that happens.

I know lots of teachers and parents assume that a child's inabilities to accomplish things are the result of a child's attitude. Thankfully more so in the past than the present. But that type of thinking has filtered it's way into society and it is rampant in this forum. IMO it is lazy thinking at best and destructive at worse. All we need to do to put someone down is cavalierly state that the person has an attitude problem. It is demeaning and meant to be hurtful.

Reaction Score
Sir,

As of now he's not Albert Mouring either who was a much better shooter and he was a whipping boy too once the focus was on him as a starter rather than a 6th or 7th man…….

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's bad just plain bad. Go on say it, it's ok. I hope to see progress as the season goes on, and hopefully he surprises us in the post season or has a strong junior year. But right now he's just plain bad

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Although supposedly Calhoun was feeling sick the morning of this game but the rest of the games this year have not looked different

Reaction Score
He's bad just plain bad. Go on say it, it's ok. I hope to see progress as the season goes on, and hopefully he surprises us in the post season or has a strong junior year. But right now he's just plain bad

He is and I feel bad for him as he's better than what we're seeing. Remember Omar stayed with KO despite UConn being sanctioned and despite JC retiring so he does deserve some patience!! Great kid who just can't seem to do anything right for now - hope he breaks out because we do become better!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He is and I feel bad for him as he's better than what we're seeing. Remember Omar stayed with KO despite UConn being sanctioned and despite JC retiring so he does deserve some patience!! Great kid who just can't seem to do anything right for now - hope he breaks out because we do become better!
See this is the correct attitude. It's ok to admit when a kid is bad/playing bad as long as you still support them and their development

Reaction Score
Ok, he's playing poorly right now. Doesn't mean he's a bad player or has a bad attitude. What he needs to do is drive more or take more mid range shots. Once he hits a few closer shots, he has more confidence. If it ain't working, reinvent yourself, make the game easier for yourself... but keep the intensity!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sir,

EXACTLY - Rashad was steady and accountable. AM was a one year wonder and wilted when thrust under the spotlight his sr year

Reaction Score
EXACTLY - Rashad was steady and accountable. AM was a one year wonder and wilted when thrust under the spotlight his sr year

See, exactly what I said….hero as a 6th-7th man to many and a stiff to many when he started on a crappy team……..he was fine his senior year but they asked more of him than he could handle. Some just don't see it in the correct perspective. He certainly didn't "wilt"!

Reaction Score
I can see Omar transfering at the end of the season. If Boat stays, then Omar is coming off the bench behind Purvis. DHam has the 3 locked up. And if Omar stays to his senior season, there is no way he will start ahead of Ali.

Reaction Score
I can see Omar transfering at the end of the season. If Boat stays, then Omar is coming off the bench behind Purvis. DHam has the 3 locked up. And if Omar stays to his senior season, there is no way he will start ahead of Ali.

XNAY on transfer stuff……..:confused:

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
See, exactly what I said….hero as a 6th-7th man to many and a stiff to many when he started on a crappy team……..he was fine his senior year but they asked more of him than he could handle. Some just don't see it in the correct perspective. He certainly didn't "wilt"!

Rashad was never asked to do what Albie was. Rashad came off the bench and just had to shoot on a team with veterans everywhere. Albie was the focal point of the offense with freshmen around him who weren't ready. I don't think Albie had enough of a skillset to average much more than he 15 ppg he did as a No. 1 option.

Reaction Score
Why not a transfer? Calhoun will never have a midrange game because of the way he shoots the ball. He mechanics are awful. His only strong point is his three point shooting. His handle is below average, His rebounding is Below average for a 6'6 off guard and he has mediocre speed and ups. I don't see him getting more PT than Purvis and DHam next year. Best thing for him to do is to transfer.

Reaction Score
Rashad was never asked to do what Albie was. Rashad came off the bench and just had to shoot on a team with veterans everywhere. Albie was the focal point of the offense with freshmen around him who weren't ready. I don't think Albie had enough of a skillset to average much more than he 15 ppg he did as a No. 1 option.

Albie was a very nice player, good kid, great off the bench spark plug on offense as well as defensively….then he was the GUY. Not made for him he was hammered down by fans despite exactly what you say Gurley, forced to be a focal point and this was not him. To me he was an excellent Husky who had an underrated career and was a key to many good teams. His 3 I will always remember as the shot that allowed KEA to dance on the scorers desk in front of the morons who backed him and his beliefs all day!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Discussing transfers is against this message board's rules. Don't do it!

Reaction Score
Why not a transfer? Calhoun will never have a midrange game because of the way he shoots the ball. He mechanics are awful. His only strong point is his three point shooting. His handle is below average, His rebounding is Below average for a 6'6 off guard and he has mediocre speed and ups. I don't see him getting more PT than Purvis and DHam next year. Best thing for him to do is to transfer.

Yeah maybe but they hate to discuss those things here…..your call I'm fine and not telling you what to do or if you're right in speculating. Just saying Chelo…...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom