Elena Delle Donne
Breanna Stewart

AP second team:
Sue Bird
Diana Taurasi
Angel McCoughtry
Candace Parker
Sylvia Fowles

Stewart's selection to the first team is, IMO, way more impressive than her ROY award: just look at the players — legends! — she beat out.

Hard not to notice, as well, that half of the first and second teams are UConn alums.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
Neither teams gets any argument from me..........All players named are well deserving.

Reaction Score
I guess the only thing that I can say is that the first team has no point guard. Predominant position for each player:
AP WNBA first team:
Nneka Ogwumike - 4
Tina Charles - 4/5
Maya Moore - 2/3
Elena Delle Donne 3/4
Breanna Stewart 3/4

AP second team:
Sue Bird - 1
Diana Taurasi - 2/3
Angel McCoughtry - 2
Candace Parker - 3/4
Sylvia Fowles 5

As good as the first team would be, Moore would have to play the 1. I know that isn't necessarily how they pick these teams, but...they should be REASONABLE.

Apart from that, no arguments. These are the best players out there. Bon-bon isn't there, but she may be, next year!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Go Mo!
Congrats!

I am so proud of Mo. I could not be prouder of her if she were my daughter. Moriah and Kiah Stokes were my two favorite UConn players the last couple of years. Congratulations to Mo and Breanna.

Stewie and Mo being selected as ROY and ROY runner-up speaks volumes about the college program they came from (future HS recruits, take note), the hard work and the countless hours they put in this year, making that transition from college to the WNBA.

These two were "no brainer" can't miss selections by Seattle and San Antonio. Morgan Tuck was beginning to find her niche' with the Sun until her unfortunate knee injury.

It's interesting that both Mo and Stewie became starters for their respective teams, and became it's leading scorer.

I stand, take off the turban to bow, and applaud both of these young ladies for not only for a job well done, but also for being recognized and selected as the league's rookie of the year, and runner-up rookie of the year. Well done ladies, well done.!!! :D

Last edited:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
As good as the first team would be, Moore would have to play the 1. I know that isn't necessarily how they pick these teams, but...they should be REASONABLE.

Apart from that, no arguments. These are the best players out there. Bon-bon isn't there, but she may be, next year!

Why does it have to have a PG? Not like the lineup is taking the court together. Why not the five best players on the season?

Reaction Score
No surprise that Stewie was rookie of the year! Going in, most expected that her game would translate well and she gave it her all.

I was more surprised at how well Mo did. I was afraid that Mo would be more dependent on having good teammates around her and thus have a tougher time with the worst team in the WNBA. Well, she certainly exceeded my expectations. Continued her fabulous assists and defense but also upped her scoring. You could see her developing shots throughout the season to get around and over the defense. You can see that her game is only going to get better with her drive and BB IQ. And lets hope that her teammates get well and they add some good new (or not so new) players to the team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And if EDD had not gotten the benefit of one day on the UConn campus, she would not have made it.
It's the quality of the time not the quantity.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No surprise that Stewie was rookie of the year! Going in, most expected that her game would translate well and she gave it her all.

I was more surprised at how well Mo did. I was afraid that Mo would be more dependent on having good teammates around her and thus have a tougher time with the worst team in the WNBA. Well, she certainly exceeded my expectations. Continued her fabulous assists and defense but also upped her scoring. You could see her developing shots throughout the season to get around and over the defense. You can see that her game is only going to get better with her drive and BB IQ. And lets hope that her teammates get well and they add some good new (or not so new) players to the team.

Mine too. :p

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Something very impressive to me is how good these players have been for so long.By my count, 6/10 WNBA team selections were ranked #1 out of HS. The one big excepting is Angel, who if I remember, like Alana Beard, kind of came out of nowhere in college.

AP WNBA first team: (HS Ranking)
Nneka Ogwumike - #4 (When EDD was #1)
Tina Charles - #1
Maya Moore - #1
Elena Delle Donne #1
Breanna Stewart #1

AP second team:
Sue Bird - #19 ???
Diana Taurasi - #1
Angel McCoughtry - ????
Candace Parker - #1
Sylvia Fowles #2

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Something very impressive to me is how good these players have been for so long.By my count, 6/10 WNBA team selections were ranked #1 out of HS. The one big excepting is Angel, who if I remember, like Alana Beard, kind of came out of nowhere in college.

Tina Charles - #1
Maya Moore - #1
Elena Delle Donne #1
Breanna Stewart #1

AP second team:
Sue Bird - #19 ???
Diana Taurasi - #1
Angel McCoughtry - ????
Candace Parker - #1
Sylvia Fowles #2
Looking forward to Katie Lou eventually garnishing that list.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Tina Charles - #1
Maya Moore - #1
Elena Delle Donne #1
Breanna Stewart #1

AP second team:
Sue Bird - #19 ???
Diana Taurasi - #1
Angel McCoughtry - ????
Candace Parker - #1
Sylvia Fowles #2
Angel was here in High School
The Patterson School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Tina Charles - #1
Maya Moore - #1
Elena Delle Donne #1
Breanna Stewart #1

AP second team:
Sue Bird - #19 ???
Diana Taurasi
Angel McCoughtry - ????
Candace Parker - #1
Sylvia Fowles #2
Ashley Robinson was ranked ahead of DT, at least by Bluestar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom