AP: University of Louisville facing accreditation issues | Page 7 | The Boneyard

AP: University of Louisville facing accreditation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A couple of comments:
1. Louisville was accredited? Seriously?
2. Will this in any way result in a cut to the budget for the hookers?
3. Who is getting whacked by the NCAA, Eastern Kentucky or Western Kentucky?
4. Who would have imagined that the ACC would haveca higher percentage of members with scandals than the SEC? Just an amazing performance.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Which has nothing to do with my post that you quoted that was about actual attendance.

Thanks for being so clear in a point that has nothing to do with my post.

Actual attendance when? On Thursday? Unless you've gunned your DeLorean up to 88, Thursday hasn't happened yet. You predicted actual attendance to be around 18,000. The School says it expects to eclipse 30K. The eye test will be revealing.

Matt is Q&A-ing himself? :rolleyes:

C'mon man.
Suppose it's possible, but doesn't appear so.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actual attendance when? On Thursday? Unless you've gunned your DeLorean up to 88, Thursday hasn't happened yet. You predicted actual attendance to be around 18,000. The School says it expects to eclipse 30K. The eye test will be revealing.

Doesn't appear so.

There has not been a UConn football game at Rentchler that had 30k people in the stadium since Michigan.

Actual attendance has nothing to do with what they publish and that they have distributed 30k tickets by giving away 10k means nothing until people actually show up.

Something is special about Maine that didn't impact UMass, Towson or Villanova?

Season tickets are probably at an alltime low (note they don't publish a number) yet there is going to be 30k at the game Thursday when they haven't gotten that many in years - for much better games that weren't held on a holiday weekend and most schools are starting in the area.

There is actually data on gate scanned tickets. Google can be your friend.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Suppose it's possible, but doesn't appear so.

Read this and please stop about 30k in the building on Thursday. In 2009 they broke 30k once.

According to records at the state Office of Policy and Management, the university has never sold 40,000 tickets to a game. Of those 25 announced sellouts, the number of tickets sold has instead ranged from 32,800 to 35,362.

And the actual attendance, or the number of people who show up, has been much lower: During the 2005 football season, at which all six home games were announced as 40,000-seat sellouts, the highest turnstile/luxury count hit 32,021 and none of the other five games exceeded 30,000 people in the stands.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Read this and please stop about 30k in the building on Thursday.
It's a prediction, what do you care? You think differently, that's fine. We'll see Thursday night.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Read this and please stop about 30k in the building on Thursday. In 2009 they broke 30k once.

According to records at the state Office of Policy and Management, the university has never sold 40,000 tickets to a game. Of those 25 announced sellouts, the number of tickets sold has instead ranged from 32,800 to 35,362.

And the actual attendance, or the number of people who show up, has been much lower: During the 2005 football season, at which all six home games were announced as 40,000-seat sellouts, the highest turnstile/luxury count hit 32,021 and none of the other five games exceeded 30,000 people in the stands.
There are turnstiles at the Rent?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's a prediction, what do you care? You think differently, that's fine. We'll see Thursday night.

I don't actually care - someone felt the need to start quoting my posts with nonsense so I pointed out it's nonsense.

Why don't you go police his posts that had nothing to do with the ones he quoted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are turnstiles at the Rent?

Yes the data the state gets on scanned tickets isn't valid because it says turnstile count in the newspaper article.

Reaction Score
A couple of comments:
1. Louisville was accredited? Seriously?
2. Will this in any way result in a cut to the budget for the hookers?
3. Who is getting whacked by the NCAA, Eastern Kentucky or Western Kentucky?
4. Who would have imagined that the ACC would haveca higher percentage of members with scandals than the SEC? Just an amazing performance.

You joke, but if Louisville loses accreditation, they can't play NCAA sports for at least two years, potentially resulting in expulsion from the ACC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes the data the state gets on scanned tickets isn't valid because it says turnstile count in the newspaper article.
As granular as you have been in parsing comments while arguing with anyone who attempts to show some optimism you absolutely deserved to be called out on turnstiles.

Husky25

Reaction Score
There has not been a UConn football game at Rentchler that had 30k people in the stadium since Michigan.

Actual attendance has nothing to do with what they publish and that they have distributed 30k tickets by giving away 10k means nothing until people actually show up.

Something is special about Maine that didn't impact UMass, Towson or Villanova?

Season tickets are probably at an alltime low (note they don't publish a number) yet there is going to be 30k at the game Thursday when they haven't gotten that many in years - for much better games that weren't held on a holiday weekend and most schools are starting in the area.

There is actually data on gate scanned tickets. Google can be your friend.

Who died and made you HFD?

For the first time in six years, there is legitimate buzz surrounding this football program. That is the difference.

Reaction Score
You joke, but if Louisville loses accreditation, they can't play NCAA sports for at least two years, potentially resulting in expulsion from the ACC.
That's a interesting point about losing accreditation...is there any way they can petition the NCAA for a waiver to that rule?

Reaction Score
That's a interesting point about losing accreditation...is there any way they can petition the NCAA for a waiver to that rule?

I don't know, but I can't imagine any such appeal being granted. That's a pretty basic requirement.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As granular as you have been in parsing comments while arguing with anyone who attempts to show some optimism you absolutely deserved to be called out on turnstiles.

I didn't write the article.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who died and made you HFD?

For the first time in six years, there is legitimate buzz surrounding this football program. That is the difference.

Yet season tickets are probably at an all time low.... interesting dynamic

Reaction Score

You are making a strong case for UConn not be invited to a P5 conference.
Based on your data the support for UConn football is worse than I imagined ,so maybe dropping football isn't that bad an idea.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are making a strong case for UConn not be invited to a P5 conference.
Based on your data the support for UConn football is worse than I imagined ,so maybe dropping football isn't that bad an idea.

UConn has a lot of P5 qualities. The football fanbase is not one of them.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yet season tickets are probably at an all time low.... interesting dynamic
Channeling your inner JSM1970 and Trumpian references (Many people are telling me... And they are smart people. The best people.)?

I don't know what the season ticket sales are. As you said, it has not been published. I also don't know why. You seem to think because it is dismal and that very well might be the case. OTOH, the 2016 Athletic Department has different leadership than that of 2015, so there could be any number and variations of reasons.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Channeling your inner JSM1970 and Trumpian references (Many people are telling me... And they are smart people. The best people.)?

I don't know what the season ticket sales are. As you said, it has not been published. I also don't know why. You seem to think because it is dismal and that very well might be the case. OTOH, the 2016 Athletic Department has different leadership than that of 2015, so there could be any number and variations of reasons.

The numbers that were published earlier were off last year's dismal pace.

If the number was good and they didn't publish it that would be awfully stupid with everything going on.

CL82

Reaction Score

Practically speaking attendance at Maine matters less than at Tulane. If we've got good attendance for that game, it likely means that we have turned a corner. I think we will.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't actually care - someone felt the need to start quoting my posts with nonsense so I pointed out it's nonsense.

Why don't you go police his posts that had nothing to do with the ones he quoted.
Here's the thing, Whaler, if you are going to post on the internet, you have to be willing to accept that someone may disagree with you. It's funny that you are telling @Husky25 what he should or shouldn't post and yet you whine over my comparatively benign post.

Me thinks you may be a bit too thin skinned to be the board jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom