AP Poll How They Voted Week 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll How They Voted Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
http://collegebasketball.ap.org/Womens-Top-25-2016-4

Like that they show the High and Low Ranking for each team. Don't understand some of the teams that are ranked but not included on some voters polls. Stanford, California, Oklahoma are a few examples of teams IMHO should be ranked on all Voters Polls. Interesting 15 Voters didn't Rank UCLA, must be looking at W/L and not quality of Losses.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That poll tells me that once you get past the obvious #1, the AP voters, as a group, don't have a clue who should be in the rest of the top ten. The highs and lows for the rest of the teams are all over the map, even for teams in the top 8-10.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Actually, that all looks pretty reasonable to me - the data points are pretty few at this point so a range of opinion is possible - of the top four ranked teams the lowest ranking is 6. And of the top 14 teams the lowest rank received is 21 (for Ohio State who has just gotten its first signature win after having 2 signature losses.) After that, from 15 - 25, the highest rank is 10 and the largest disparities in a positive direction are for the two #24 teams one receiving an 11 and the other a 16. And all of them were left off at least one ballot which I do not find that surprising - the rankings of relatively mediocre teams from 15-35 are always pretty fluid early in the year because there are few points of comparison generated by either head to head or common opponent results.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
http://collegebasketball.ap.org/Womens-Top-25-2016-4

Like that they show the High and Low Ranking for each team. Don't understand some of the teams that are ranked but not included on some voters polls. Stanford, California, Oklahoma are a few examples of teams IMHO should be ranked on all Voters Polls. Interesting 15 Voters didn't Rank UCLA, must be looking at W/L and not quality of Losses.
Quality of losses does matter, and when Oklahoma losses to a team that last year was 5-24 and whose top player was killed, it's easy to see why 3 voters may not think the Sooners deserve a vote in the top 25. It takes a while to dig out out of a hole like that, and three voters want to see a little more, I guess. Stanford is a harder one to understand, but neither Massey or Sagarin have Cal in the top 25, and in fact Sags has them at #64, so nothing odd there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom