ao update with schools: do not read if still angry | The Boneyard

ao update with schools: do not read if still angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Kentucky players have a good GPA, for a couple of months. I'm curious as to why any of these coaches think they can find the right buttons to push on AO. It's likely they are just stockpiling big bodies.

Reaction Score
AO mentioned he thought both Lamb and AD will declare. I think AD should stay even if UConn isn't eligible for the tourney. He needs WAY MORE experience playing. There is a significant chance he will get lost in the NBA, particularly if he leaves after this season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't care about Alex or where he lands or whether a spaceship lands on him.

My interest in that article is Zagoria's writing style - he is a brutal writer. Or a brutal editor. Either way, his articles are a pure chore to get through.

As for the visit with Calipari, Oriakhi said: “It went real well. Coach Calipari, he broke it down for me. He told me he wasn’t going to promise me anything, which I like. He’s not going to promise me anything. (I would have liked a third confirmation regarding the lack of a promise.)

Asked if that was appealing, Oriakhi said, “That’s definitely appealing to know that he doesn’t have anybody coming back. It means major minutes are definitely there. It’s definitely appealing. Obviously, he’s the best at having guys one and done.” (Appealing, appealing, appealing, appealing...let's squeeze it in some more.)

As far as when he may decide, Oriakhi said, “I really don’t have a timetable. It’s not something Im going to rush, either. Probably by the end of the month.” (I don't have a timetable, but here's my timetable.)

Oriakhi also met with Mack, who is also offering playing time. (This would have been notable if Mack were offering cookies - playing time is kind of a given, no?)

Reaction Score
As for the visit with Calipari, Oriakhi said: “It went real well. Coach Calipari, he broke it down for me. He told me he wasn’t going to promise me anything, which I like. He’s not going to promise me anything.

Hmm...how did that work out with his last coach? He found himsel crying on twitter five games into the season.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't care about Alex or where he lands or whether a spaceship lands on him.

My interest in that article is Zagoria's writing style - he is a brutal writer. Or a brutal editor. Either way, his articles are a pure chore to get through.

As for the visit with Calipari, Oriakhi said: “It went real well. Coach Calipari, he broke it down for me. He told me he wasn’t going to promise me anything, which I like. He’s not going to promise me anything. (I would have liked a third confirmation regarding the lack of a promise.)

Asked if that was appealing, Oriakhi said, “That’s definitely appealing to know that he doesn’t have anybody coming back. It means major minutes are definitely there. It’s definitely appealing. Obviously, he’s the best at having guys one and done.” (Appealing, appealing, appealing, appealing...let's squeeze it in some more.)

As far as when he may decide, Oriakhi said, “I really don’t have a timetable. It’s not something Im going to rush, either. Probably by the end of the month.” (I don't have a timetable, but here's my timetable.)

Oriakhi also met with Mack, who is also offering playing time. (This would have been notable if Mack were offering cookies - playing time is kind of a given, no?)
I think zags is from the "just use the whole quote, no matter how repetitive or asinine it sounds" school of blog posting so no one can accuse him of making stuff up. He probably captures AO's voice pretty accurately here, just throwing out generic crap because he has answered these type of questions so many times he is on autopilot. AO has particular insight into Cal's ability to be a rest stop for a year before the NBA.

Reaction Score
"“He would like for me to come in and lead right away"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! AO, your such a kidder! always did appreciate the kids sense of humor.

Reaction Score

Just had to throw a dig in about Squid and caring about the student athlete and GPA didn't he................for anyone who honestly roots for this kid at his next landing please rethink this and how it is all on DAD.........it's what dad heard from his son!! This is one disrepsectful kid who couldn't play up to his potential and needs to get out because of embarrassment, not because of APR.

From this fan of 40 plus years this guy is not a Husky......angry? Nope, just don't like people who suck and blame it on someone else.......

Reaction Score
I don't think many of us would disagree that Alex needed a change, I just wish his soap opera wasn't being played out publicly. His performance, or lack thereof, caused his problems, but also a recruitment/commitment that took place too early also lead to a bad marrriage IMO.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think a few people here are afraid of AO having success at his next stop and what others might say about it. I'm not going to worry about.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did he really just say Xavier isn't a big time school? He's insulting a school he might attend? In many ways, that's the best fit for him. At Kentucky, he'll have the same PT problem against talented freshmen that he had last year.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Did he really just say Xavier isn't a big time school? He's insulting a school he might attend? In many ways, that's the best fit for him. At Kentucky, he'll have the same PT problem against talented freshmen that he had last year.

Seems like the confidence and emotional stability he lacked on the court are abundant off it.

Reaction Score

He was paraphrasing what the Xavier coach said to him and likely mistakenly said "big-time" instead of "big-conference."

Reaction Score
Mizzou isn't subject to the no-senior SEC transfer rule?
I believe they are, but just like if he goes to UK, just needs to enroll in a program that UConn doesn't offer. Jeff Goodman said that at UK it would be something like "sports journalism", I'm sure Mizzou has something too.

Reaction Score
While I love for what he did for us in helping us win a championship, I have zero belief that he is going to go somewhere and be a great player. I see him being the same type of player wherever he goes. If he has a penetrating/dishing point guard, he will get some garbage points. But he calls himself a defensive player/shot blocker which he is not and mention how he has post moves which he certainly does not. If he goes somewhere else, shuts up, and rebounds he'll be an effective player. But if he goes with the attitude that he had this year, he is going to fall flat on his face and see that his lack of success was all on him.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I believe they are, but just like if he goes to UK, just needs to enroll in a program that UConn doesn't offer. Jeff Goodman said that at UK it would be something like "sports journalism", I'm sure Mizzou has something too.

Right, I forgot AO is a "student-athlete".

Reaction Score
Funny, the same day Mason Plumlee announces he will go back to Duke, AO cuts Duke from his list.... kid does not want to have to work for playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom