Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 51 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
One selfish note: It is not a social disgrace or error in decency--to let the winner and the "losers' all know together on the day she announced it. A call afterward isn't necessary but shows good breeding (or so they say)

What leads you to think she won't let all three coaches knows beforehand?

Reaction Score
THANKS FOR ASKING.
My point is --and Geno has alluded to this in the past--that many recruits don't make the call you speak of. As I said about the decency call--it isn't necessary but --shows a level of politeness.
Like you I have no way of knowing precisely what any recruit says or does--until they say or do it.
The point is --it's politeness--the kids will never be coached by those they don't call (usually) and not making that call shall not effect their future, usually. Again--quoting and often quoted--What DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE/??? ---------------OPINION.

Reaction Score
This. But it probably shouldn't be termed "notoriety," which connotes being well known for bad doings. What Stewie did was a very good thing, unless one is a partisan of a program that faced her teams for four years. Ahem.

We similarly tend to abuse the word "infamous." It does not mean the same thing as "famous," nor is it the opposite. A synonym for "infamy" is "evil."

I don't charge tuition, but I do take donations via PayPal. Class dismissed, or perhaps dismissive.[/QUOT

I can accept the "class " in words and their usage--as long as it's acknowledged that most people using the boneyard ---attended at least 3'rd grade--but the Ahem--was a bit over the top.
If you keep this up you'll be as NOTORIOUS as another poster .
Is there a difference between ---IN --famous--OR --OUT--famous/ as in FAMY??

Wally East

Reaction Score
THANKS FOR ASKING.
My point is --and Geno has alluded to this in the past--that many recruits don't make the call you speak of. As I said about the decency call--it isn't necessary but --shows a level of politeness.
Like you I have no way of knowing precisely what any recruit says or does--until they say or do it.
The point is --it's politeness--the kids will never be coached by those they don't call (usually) and not making that call shall not effect their future, usually. Again--quoting and often quoted--What DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE/??? ---------------OPINION.

So, what makes you think Megan Walker won't make these calls?

Reaction Score
So, what makes you think Megan Walker won't make these calls?
Cutting and pasting from my previous quote--as attorneys say; Asked---and --Answered.

Reaction Score
I had to look up the definition of "Dyspepsia". After reading it, I had to laugh. Good one UcM!!! :)
Good I thought he wrote ---Dysplacia--- (I have a comment on that but--won't use it)
If you keep this up you'll get a peptic ulser--

Wally East

Reaction Score
Cutting and pasting from my previous quote--as attorneys say; Asked---and --Answered.

Well, if this is what you're sticking with, that you have no way of knowing, why would you say it? What would make you say something negative about a 17-year-old you don't know? (And it's not just you.)

Reaction Score
She would have signed in the standard window in the spring, but the uconn coaches might have had dyspepsia.
Carnac --liked this.
I think Geno and company, who have been through these wars--would say "what ever will be--will be'
Unlike fans, who are on the outside of the Coaching business looking in and (like me) have hopes for a great future based on one recruit. Funny (as in odd) isn't it??

Reaction Score
Well, if this is what you're sticking with, that you have no way of knowing, why would you say it? What would make you say something negative about a 17-year-old you don't know? (And it's not just you.)

I admit in a very early posting about Megan I something along the lines of --can Geno work with her ME attitude. That wasn't fair cuz==I don't really know her.
But --my OPINION about the politeness or not of calling prior to the announcement --is a huge stretch to call that NEGATIVE.
If it was a negative comment about a 17 year old ---NANHUSKY--would be calling me out--AGAIN.
If you are looking for an argument--look elsewhere!!

Reaction Score

Or won't makes you think she hasn't already? People on the outside have NO IDEA what is really done or said so I think it is unfair to pass judgement without having all the facts!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The established, and widely honored, protocol is for recruits with multiple offers to call the coaches on their "final" list in advance of their public announcement of which program she will sign with. It is possible that recruits or their parents (especially the first time around) may be unfamiliar with this tradition but coaches are certain to know the drill.

Smart money is placed on Geno, Muffet and Karen each getting a call from Megan sometime before November 10. One will be pleased :) and the other two will wish her well. Between gritted teeth.:mad:

Reaction Score
That's just it there hasn't been any "extravagance". Stewie signing on the hood of a car and Lexi Gordon (& others) signing shortly after visiting UCONN has created this urban legend that all every recruit who "really" wants to go to UCONN makes their mind up right away and do it low key. A commitment to UCONN WCBB is a really really big deal. Take a much time as you want, celebrate & gloat as much as you want. If you are lucky enough to find adults that are willing to live and die by your every tweet-play along.
Geno's new desk will make it easier for recruits to commit to UConn in a manner acceptable to the Boneyard.:)
upload_2016-11-6_11-50-36.jpeg

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
If you're basing it on nothing, why not just not do it, you know?

This whole post is based on nothing! No one here knows anything! it's just a bunch of opinions and things rolling around in our brains. No one here is intentionally trying to be negative in any way. I don't understand why you have a continuing issue with a fellow boneyarder posting their opinion and what they think may have or will occur. that's the point here isn't it?

Wally East

Reaction Score
Speculating that a 17-year-old won't do the polite/tactful/considerate thing/is a diva/has a huge ego is not.

... based on entirely too little information. Sorry, meant to add that.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Really? Gigging me for "ahem?" Now I've seen everything. Please note that my sarcasm generator was running.

Reaction Score
Really? Gigging me for "ahem?" Now I've seen everything. Please note that my sarcasm generator was running.
Ahem---so was mine. I guess you didn't get the Notorious.
I am not the master of anything but--facetious (sarcastically witty ) runs thru my veins. If i offended--please accept my horrible plea for mercy.

Reaction Score
... based on entirely too little information. Sorry, meant to add that.
This isn't the 1930's where a note was deliver with each action.
In no place did I diss this kid for anything.
I say and I said--it was/is unnecessary for her to call hand write a note of thank you.
Geno (as I pointed out ) acknowledged kid rarely tell him ahead of the announcement.
OK, don't quote this or anything on the Megan travails. You have an issue with reading----if you want more of an answer--read all my post on Megan Walker
No more replys from me..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno (as I pointed out ) acknowledged kid rarely tell him ahead of the announcement.

Maybe it has something to do with that kid who said she would become the Shaq of WCBB, then chose Rutgers ... what was her name? :D

Reaction Score
And as we patiently wait for a decision, in an endless thread that has covered every conceivable angle - except Palindromes!

Nag 'em avid diva Megan.
Or, regarding a Texas possibility - Nag 'em, no Stetson Megan.

Any others in a quest for 200,002 posts?

Wally East

Reaction Score
This isn't the 1930's where a note was deliver with each action.
In no place did I diss this kid for anything.
I say and I said--it was/is unnecessary for her to call hand write a note of thank you.
OK, don't quote this or anything on the Megan travails. You have an issue with reading----if you want more of an answer--read all my post on Megan Walker
No more replys from me..

Please just tell you understand that calling a 17-year-0ld you don't know and have little knowledge of a diva or predicting that she'll engage in behavior you describe as rude isn't a kind thing to do.

Reaction Score
Please just tell you understand that calling a 17-year-0ld you don't know and have little knowledge of a diva or predicting that she'll engage in behavior you describe as rude isn't a kind thing to do.
First, the primary definition of diva is not a pejorative and is not how I meant it. Second, it's hard enough to compose palindromes without having to consider political correctness.

Wally East

Reaction Score
Okay, sure, tell me how calling a girl a diva isn't an insult because the definitions I'm finding are:
  • a famous female opera singer.
  • a famous female singer of popular music.

• a woman regarded as temperamental or haughty.
Megan Walker isn't a singer.

I just think people can do better than insult a girl they don't know (but still want to come to UConn).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom