Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Screw the other schools......I'd "make" her go to Stanford if she could get in......:rolleyes:
Where did you get your political science degree?? You'd do well in DC they way you side stepped the question--A polished politician move.

Reaction Score
Where did you get your political science degree?? You'd do well in DC they way you side stepped the question--A polished politician move.

OK..........to answer your question..............I would certainly allow my daughter to make the final decision after going over all of the pro's and con's and as she eliminated schools she would contact each of those programs and thank them for their offers.............once she had eliminated all but the final three schools she would be asked not to play games with tweets and retweets from fans .............when the final choice was made she would again contact the schools and let them know the outcome............at that point she would have to choose how to announce her decision..........she could do it at school or simply via the net but I can assure you that there would be no announcements, invitations etc..............so a bit more then signing on the hood of a car but none of the extravagance that we have been witnessing lately...............

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
OK.....to answer your question....I would certainly allow my daughter to make the final decision after going over all of the pro's and con's and as she eliminated schools she would contact each of those programs and thank them for their offers...once she had eliminated all but the final three schools she would be asked not to play games with tweets and retweets from fans ...when the final choice was made she would again contact the schools and let them know the outcome..at that point she would have to choose how to announce her decision.....she could do it at school or simply via the net but I can assure you that there would be no announcements, invitations etc....so a bit more then signing on the hood of a car but none of the extravagance that we have been witnessing lately.....
what extravagance have we witnessed lately, the last big recruit thing I saw was Aja' Wilson... who else?

Reaction Score
OK.....to answer your question....I would certainly allow my daughter to make the final decision after going over all of the pro's and con's and as she eliminated schools she would contact each of those programs and thank them for their offers...once she had eliminated all but the final three schools she would be asked not to play games with tweets and retweets from fans ...when the final choice was made she would again contact the schools and let them know the outcome..at that point she would have to choose how to announce her decision.....she could do it at school or simply via the net but I can assure you that there would be no announcements, invitations etc....so a bit more then signing on the hood of a car but none of the extravagance that we have been witnessing lately.....

Complete, thoughtful, intelligent---your daughter is one lucky girl!!!
I was only half kidding about the DC type answer--completely unlike your normal answers---Thanks.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
what extravagance have we witnessed lately, the last big recruit thing I saw was Aja' Wilson... who else?
That's just it there hasn't been any "extravagance". Stewie signing on the hood of a car and Lexi Gordon (& others) signing shortly after visiting UCONN has created this urban legend that all every recruit who "really" wants to go to UCONN makes their mind up right away and do it low key. A commitment to UCONN WCBB is a really really big deal. Take a much time as you want, celebrate & gloat as much as you want. If you are lucky enough to find adults that are willing to live and die by your every tweet-play along.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
That's just it there hasn't been any "extravagance". Stewie signing on the hood of a car and Lexi Gordon (& others) signing shortly after visiting UCONN has created this urban legend that all every recruit who "really" wants to go to UCONN makes their mind up right away and do it low key. A commitment to UCONN WCBB is a really really big deal. Take a much time as you want, celebrate & gloat as much as you want. If you are lucky enough to find adults that are willing to live and die by your every tweet-play along.
I'm talking of any recruit from any school... which player(s) had a extravagant press conference? Diamond? Who?
Trying to figure out why we think this is becoming the norm? Only big ones I recall was Stokes, Wilson and Bone with Carolina. Am I missing others?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm talking of any recruit from any school... which player(s) had a extravagant press conference? Diamond? Who?
Trying to figure out why we think this is becoming the norm? Only big ones I recall was Stokes, Wilson and Bone with Carolina. Am I missing others?
Maya Dodson had one last week announcing for Stanford. I can't find the link, there were some comments that it was a rather clumsy production.
I watched and thought she was amazingly poised and articulate.

Reaction Score

UConn has had a number of highly ranked players sign in the past 10 years............who was the last UConn recruit to have an advertised, TV covered, college "unveiling"? I really have no idea................

Reaction Score

I agree that every recruit should handle the process as they wish..........that doesn't mean that I have to agree with it............when they play a bait and switch game, pitting one school and their fans against another via twitter, it's their complete right and it's kind of funny but I know that I wouldn't allow my daughter to do it.............none of this is a major issue, just a question of style...............to each his or her own.................

Reaction Score
UConn has had a number of highly ranked players sign in the past 10 years..who was the last UConn recruit to have an advertised, TV covered, college "unveiling"? I really have no idea......
I'm gonna say Kiah, and before that Maya. Maybe one of the big three did, but we know Stewie didn't, and I don't recall what Tuck and Mo did if anything. I think the parents shoulder some of the blame for this kind of stuff. If I ever acted even slightly like a brat my mom particularly would have beat my you know what and not thought twice about it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I agree that every recruit should handle the process as they wish.....that doesn't mean that I have to agree with it..when they play a bait and switch game, pitting one school and their fans against another via twitter, it's their complete right and it's kind of funny but I know that I wouldn't allow my daughter to do it...none of this is a major issue, just a question of style.....to each his or her own.......
As someone else said your daughter is lucky to have you. If my daughter, with Twitter, had the ability to "pit one school against another" I would make sure she had all the tools to do so and also make sure she is ready to back it up when she eventually picks a side. Play with a Husky & you might just get bit!

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="... Neither Maya Moore nor Breanna Stewart would do it that way. ....[/QUOTE]

If memory serves (and it usually does not) - didn't Maya Moore have some sort of an announcement ceremony in her gym, wherein she began with 4 hats on a table, representing the 4 remaining schools? Discarding them one-by-one, until only UT and UConn remained - concluding with her placing the UConn hat on her head?

Hardly signing on the hood of her car...

Reaction Score
The irony of the whole "hood of the car" thing is that it has become almost folklore. Stewart has gotten way more notoriety off of that than she would have off of a press conference!
Yeah mentioned in every single championship game she played in. Of course, what else is Doris going to talk about when Stewie's team is up 15-20 points, before half, of a national title game?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The irony of the whole "hood of the car" thing is that it has become almost folklore. Stewart has gotten way more notoriety off of that than she would have off of a press conference!
that's what I say... and there's a picture of her signing

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stewie Signing.png
that's what I say... and there's a picture of her signing

Reaction Score

I understand that MW may be signing while skydiving with the winning school written in skywriting........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

The real irony is that the reason this occurred at all was because she and her family forgot about the deadline date. Stewie's goofiness---meant in a good way---helped make that folklore possible.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The real irony is that the reason this occurred at all was because she and her family forgot about the deadline date. Stewie's goofiness---meant in a good way---helped make that folklore possible.
I actually wonder what would have happened if she actually missed the deadline.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I understand that MW may be signing while skydiving with the winning school written in skywriting...

Well, if that's the case, she'll design an "MW" jumpsuit and parachute, and give an interview to
LaChynna (sp?) Robinson just before she leaps from the plane to spell out "....(her choice)." ;):cool::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well, if that's the case, she'll design an "MW" jumpsuit and parachute, and give an interview to
LaChynna (sp?) Robinson just before she leaps from the plane to spell out "....(her choice)." ;):cool::rolleyes:

Splendid ideas............Just wait four years..........you could get a gig as her PR person..............

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

This. But it probably shouldn't be termed "notoriety," which connotes being well known for bad doings. What Stewie did was a very good thing, unless one is a partisan of a program that faced her teams for four years. Ahem.

We similarly tend to abuse the word "infamous." It does not mean the same thing as "famous," nor is it the opposite. A synonym for "infamy" is "evil."

I don't charge tuition, but I do take donations via PayPal. Class dismissed, or perhaps dismissive.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She would have signed in the standard window in the spring, but the uconn coaches might have had dyspepsia.

I had to look up the definition of "Dyspepsia". After reading it, I had to laugh. Good one UcM!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom