Any Truth to Pinstripe Bowl Talk on BY? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any Truth to Pinstripe Bowl Talk on BY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This should be the final pick'em week.. I'd pick as follows:

Nebraska -- Week 13: Iowa - Iowa (potential spoiler alert, BUT no bowl for Nebraska.. Iowa is the only undefeated B1G team in 2015)

Indiana -- Week 13: at Purdue Indiana ( they get bowl eligible )

Virginia Tech -- Week 13: at Virginia (Va Tech.. send Beamer out with a bowl game)

Washington -- Week 13: Washington State (Washington State - Mike Leach on a mission - no Huskies from the left coast in a bowl)

Missouri -- Week 13: at Arkansas ( Arkansas all the way.. would be shocked if Mizzou pulls this one out on the road )

San Jose State -- Week 13: Boise State ( SJSU takes out Boise to get a bowl bid)

Minnesota -- Week 13: Wisconsin (Minnesota outlasts Wisconsin at home. They go bowling)

Illinois -- Week 13: Northwestern (Illinois shocks Northwestern in the regular season finale - they go bowling)

Old Dominion -- Week 13: Florida Atlantic ( Go ODU!)

East Carolina -- Week 13: Cincinnati ( ECU with the upset over Cincy on SR day)

Buffalo -- Week 13: Massachusetts (Buffalo takes it to UMASS, gets bowl eligible)

Kentucky -- Week 13: Louisville ( Kentucky gets bowl eligible )

South Alabama -- Week 13: at Georgia Southern ( USA doesn't make it GSU and App St are too strong)
Remaining schedule: Appalachian State

Tulsa -- Week 13: at Tulane (Tulsa opens can of whoop hiny on Tulane for a bowl bid)

So, Indiana, VaTech, SJSU, Minnesota, Illinois, ODU, ECU, Buffalo, UK, & Tulsa scoop bowl eligibility spots.. those folks controlled their own destiny according to my predictions.

Reaction Score
So, Indiana, VaTech, SJSU, Minnesota, Illinois, ODU, ECU, Buffalo, UK, & Tulsa scoop bowl eligibility spots.. those folks controlled their own destiny according to my predictions.

Off the chalk this week but every week something crazy has happened. Just don't see San Jose, Illinois or Kentucky or at least not 2 of those 3.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
There is no rule. That should be a joke but it's not. The NCAA apparently didn't have rules for this, and is going to wait to see if this weekend solved the problem -- or if not, how many 5-7 teams will need to be let in -- before announcing what it's policy is.

Nothing fairer than setting your rules after you know who would benefit or lose by a certain interpretation.

So sleazy. I'm just waiting for some epic screwjob that sends 5-7 Nebraska to the Pinstripe.

Reaction Score
I can get in my car or on a train and go to NYC any day of the week. Besides I prefer it be in a football stadium.
When UCONN beat the Dukies, 77-74, I didn't mind having to be in a bad, indoor baseball stadium supporting our Huskies. Sometimes, you just have to suck it up and take one for the team. Just sayin'!

Reaction Score
When UCONN beat the Dukies, 77-74, I didn't mind having to be in a bad, indoor baseball stadium supporting our Huskies. Sometimes, you just have to suck it up and take one for the team. Just sayin'!
I was there too. The layout there was just a lot better than the stadium in New York. For that matter the football layout at the old yankee stadium was better.

Reaction Score
So sleazy. I'm just waiting for some epic screwjob that sends 5-7 Nebraska to the Pinstripe.
This is the concern, I have a feeling they will honor their affiliations before reaching to a local bowl eligible team . Nebraska travels very well. We will see this weekend what happens

Reaction Score
Been on vacation in Atlanta all weekend for my brother's wedding and haven't been able to keep up on UConn football news, but i saw a couple of posts here alluding to the possibility of taking a Big 10/ACC spot in the Pinstripe Bowl?? Has any news outlet suggested this or is it rose colored glasses BY banter? I'd love for that to happen. A bowl game I could actually go to!!

Everything is true on the boneyard.

Rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member