Any other OC candidates out there...? | The Boneyard

Any other OC candidates out there...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
not named Molinar or Quinn that we'd consider???? And, btw, what's the time line? Hopefully no more than 3 weeks from this past Monday. We need to get in front of the 8 ball for the final recruiting push..

Reaction Score
I'd love for Benedict to bring in Weist with a wink and a nod. The sooner it is done the sooner Bob might consider resigning. It would fire up the fan base, make next season interesting and give us hope hat we already have our next coach.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
No offense Hoop but can we drop the TJW suggestion for OC? He's already been down that road with us. He has no reason to leave that role at USF unless it's for a full HC gig.
Yeah..I have no idea why he would do that again. The only way he comes here is as HC...and who knows if he would even want to do that.

Reaction Score
No offense Hoop but can we drop the TJW suggestion for OC? He's already been down that road with us. He has no reason to leave that role at USF unless it's for a full HC gig.

He is co-OC at South Florida. I look at this in two parts: 1. Have a better football team and 2. Keep the fans engaged.

TJ will help sell tickets and give the fans hope that if Diaco is fired, a plan is in place. It is a messy proposition and I'm not sure TJ would go for it. However, it sends a message to the fans to buy tickets and get in your seats, because something is going to happen whether it's good, bad or just an interesting train wreck to watch.

Otherwise, I don't think anything exciting is going to happen with the Bob remaining as head coach. Maybe someone like Keeler would take the job as OC and create similar interest, but at least TJ is a liked and somewhat known commodity in Connecticut. I look at next season as completely lost if we don't make a splash with the OC.
Even then, our defense and special teams also need strong coaches with the ability to do their job without Bob meddling.

Reaction Score
"You know what? Who needs this 1.8 million dollars? I've heard the Boneyard is QUITE upset with me, the only proper thing to do is resign. Sorry, kids, looks like you're going to public school!"

I'm looking for him to get a big P5 or Notre Dame paycheck as DC. He is a laughingstock right now. He'd be very wise to take a great DC job and resign if he gets an offer.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He is co-OC at South Florida. I look at this in two parts: 1. Have a better football team and 2. Keep the fans engaged.

TJ will help sell tickets and give the fans hope that if Diaco is fired, a plan is in place. It is a messy proposition and I'm not sure TJ would go for it. However, it sends a message to the fans to buy tickets and get in your seats, because something is going to happen whether it's good, bad or just an interesting train wreck to watch.

Otherwise, I don't think anything exciting is going to happen with the Bob remaining as head coach. Maybe someone like Keeler would take the job as OC and create similar interest, but at least TJ is a liked and somewhat known commodity in Connecticut. I look at next season as completely lost if we don't make a splash with the OC.
Even then, our defense and special teams also need strong coaches with the ability to do their job without Bob meddling.

Even if TJ wanted to come, I don't think he's the guy.

Reaction Score
I don't know... i am not awfully thrilled to have a shell shocked Diaco leading this team next year. with the fan base deserting and a new OC coming in, it would seem to me his ego would be totally challenged in handling this situation.

Reaction Score
I've seen and heard many asking "Who will Benedict bring in?" Wouldn't Diaco pick his own OC? With Diaco's track record, I have zero confidence in that scenario. The fan base can't handle another "Rock Star".

The other side of the coin is, if Benedict picks the OC, he could be searching for a guy that he could insert as HC if they start, let's say, 1-3 in 2017 (I may be erroneously counting on a win vs. Holy Cross.) Any pick by Benedict with pedigree and/or solid experience might be seen by Diaco as an immediate threat to his HC tenure. I wonder if Diaco could be smart enough to see that if the OC succeeds, he succeeds. Can he check his ego and his inflexibility to work with somebody who may not be his pick?

Reaction Score
Alright, want to make a BIG splash and sell football tickets again? Want to be on ESPN every hour? At first, I was going to suggest this name as our new OC as a joke, but the more I think about it, it might actually work. Tim Tebow...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm 100% on board for Tebow as OC. Make it a reality show. Wacky Bob and Apostle Tim take on College Football. If we can't fire Diaco we might as well make a bunch of money and publicity in the process. Would actually improve recruiting I bet. I'd MUCH rather watch this train wreck unfold in an intentional way than by way of unintentional ineptitude.

Reaction Score
I'm 100% on board for Tebow as OC. Make it a reality show. Wacky Bob and Apostle Tim take on College Football. If we can't fire Diaco we might as well make a bunch of money and publicity in the process. Would actually improve recruiting I bet. I'd MUCH rather watch this train wreck unfold in an intentional way than by way of unintentional ineptitude.
Agree with you on recruiting . . Florida and SEC country....hmmmmm

Reaction Score
Can we please make #TebowtoUConn a thing? Imagine the loving culture he'd bring along side HCBD. He can move to Glastonbury and have a nice commute while still working at ESPN too. Helk, he'd even help bridge the gap between UConn and ESPN.

“I love what coaching is. I love the fact that coaching is teaching and it’s helping and it’s mentoring and it’s loving and it’s being a father figure. That is something that has always intrigued me.” Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow may look into a coaching career: 'That has always intrigued me'

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Can we please make #TebowtoUConn a thing? Imagine the loving culture he'd bring along side HCBD. He can move to Glastonbury and have a nice commute while still working at ESPN too. Helk, he'd even help bridge the gap between UConn and ESPN.

“I love what coaching is. I love the fact that coaching is teaching and it’s helping and it’s mentoring and it’s loving and it’s being a father figure. That is something that has always intrigued me.” Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow may look into a coaching career: 'That has always intrigued me'

Not sure how this works with the baseball career...granted the seasons don't overlap, but don't professional baseball players have pretty strict offseason training regimens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom