Any OC Search Updates? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any OC Search Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see it! I see it!
conspiracy3.jpg

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any UConn OC search updates? I can't believe we STILL haven't heard from Benedict after the football season to address his support of Diaco, and seach for a new OC, etc... Insane times.

One theory has it ( and I am not privy to the secret thread ) that when your head coach makes multiple calls and gets turned down he does not report progress to the AD. ;)
Another has it that if the HC keeps demoting coaches and keeps them on the staff money has to be found to pay them and attract a decent prospect. State school with even more over site etc. :) See here....Website Will Include Real-Time State Employee Pay Data

Last has it AD hunkered down with lawyers and you cant get out of a mess like this overnight! :mad:

Reaction Score
One theory has it ( and I am not privy to the secret thread ) that when your head coach makes multiple calls and gets turned down he does not report progress to the AD. ;)
Another has it that if the HC keeps demoting coaches and keeps them on the staff money has to be found to pay them and attract a decent prospect. State school with even more over site etc. :) See here....Website Will Include Real-Time State Employee Pay Data

Last has it AD hunkered down with lawyers and you cant get out of a mess like this overnight! :mad:
Don't forget he may be waiting for coaches convention to conduct a bunch of interviews in 1 place.

Reaction Score
If we're waiting til 1/1/17 that's 3 more weeks we lose out on recruits that we could've been in on because they might like our OC.. or, are you OK with "Joe Blow from Waxahatchie State Univ being brought in as OC because he's Diaco's frat brother. He coached at the NFL, and FBS and FCS levels but has lately been coaching at the DIII level. He wants another shot at the big time" or... When we start the season 0-3, how will you feel then?

I just don't get that logic...

It's clear as day we recruit under the radar types... I get that, BUT, at some point, if you want visibility to the program, you can't just sit back and watch everybody else make moves while your team sits back, loses, as everybody expects you to, lose your fan support, and don't show the supporters anything until game time... We just simple get to listen to a bunch of car salesman talk...

Just can't do that this time around... Walk the walk bro, no more talking....
Can you ever remember a time UConn not being caught with its pants down and being front of the curve? Whether it's moves on coaches or CR, we are late to the game playing catch-up. Kind of like Diaco's game plan - fall way behind being conservative then panic and make bad decisions. It's the Connecticut way.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any UConn OC search updates? I can't believe we STILL haven't heard from Benedict after the football season to address his support of Diaco, and seach for a new OC, etc... Insane times.

If they go the FCS route, an Offensive Coordinator to consider would be Donnie Kirkpatrick of James Madison. The Dukes are ranked 5th in the country and 3rd in Total offense. There is simply no comparison in Offensive Statistics. In points per game UCONN ranked dead last with 14.8 ppg while JMU ranked second with 48.3 PPG.
Their only loss was to North Carolina 56-28. They scored 80 points against Moorehead State. They beat Maine 31-20.

SCHEDULE
2016 Football Schedule

JMU ranked 3rd in Total offense, UCONN 122nd. The stats are overwhelming!

..............UCONN....JMU

Games........12.............12
Plays.........798..........901
YPG.........3,840......6,309
YPP...........4.81.........7.00
TDS............19............70
YPG...........320.........525

BIO - Donnie Kirkpatrick
James Madison University Athletics - 2016 Football Coaching Staff

donnie kirkpatrick you tube

Scored 52 in playoff blowout of New Hampshire

JMU football breaks through playoff roadblock

Reaction Score
I've been pushing the James Madison head coach for a while. They scored 8o twice this year, gave UNC a game and when he was at the Citadel he beat South Carolina. Bring him in as OC and when Diaco next gets calls from Notre Dame he can step up to the top spot.

Reaction Score
With Taggart to Oregon, will Weist be available?
Interesting thought... If Taggart goes to Oregon, would Weist go with him? If so, in what capacity? Oregon, high pressure situation on the offensive side of the ball, much expectation
with little wiggle room....

Reaction Score
I've been pushing the James Madison head coach for a while. They scored 8o twice this year, gave UNC a game and when he was at the Citadel he beat South Carolina. Bring him in as OC and when Diaco next gets calls from Notre Dame he can step up to the top spot.
Interesting, Mike Houston has won everywhere he has been, including CITADEL. Being at JMU for only a year, sets himself for a big move in 1 to 2 years.

Reaction Score
If they go the FCS route, an Offensive Coordinator to consider would be Donnie Kirkpatrick of James Madison. The Dukes are ranked 5th in the country and 3rd in Total offense. There is simply no comparison in Offensive Statistics. In points per game UCONN ranked dead last with 14.8 ppg while JMU ranked second with 48.3 PPG.
Their only loss was to North Carolina 56-28. They scored 80 points against Moorehead State. They beat Maine 31-20.

SCHEDULE
2016 Football Schedule

JMU ranked 3rd in Total offense, UCONN 122nd. The stats are overwhelming!

....UCONN....JMU

Games...12...12
Plays....798.....901
YPG....3,840.6,309
YPP......4.81....7.00
TDS..19..70
YPG......320....525

BIO - Donnie Kirkpatrick
James Madison University Athletics - 2016 Football Coaching Staff

donnie kirkpatrick you tube

Scored 52 in playoff blowout of New Hampshire

JMU football breaks through playoff roadblock

Would be interesting to consider JMU OC Donnie Kirkpatrick and HC Mike Houston in a "package deal" if the timing and staffing changeover occurs .....

Reaction Score
Would be interesting to consider JMU OC Donnie Kirkpatrick and HC Mike Houston in a "package deal" if the timing and staffing changeover occurs .....

Sounds like a nice combo but Houston made 715,000 last year. Kirkpatrick only 90K.
Their D coordinator made 130K and that was the most they ever paid an assistant. If Diaco stays, money wise Kirkpatrick would be a realistic hire. The pay at around 300k would probably work.

https://jamesmadison com/news/jmu-increases-football-staff-salaries

Reaction Score
Sounds like a nice combo but Houston made 715,000 last year. Kirkpatrick only 90K.
Their D coordinator made 130K and that was the most they ever paid an assistant. If Diaco stays, money wise Kirkpatrick would be a realistic hire. The pay at around 300k would probably work.

https://jamesmadison com/news/jmu-increases-football-staff-salaries
Hopefully he's a Diaco RKG .. other than on D, he's not known for hiring people anybody knows about....that call plays that is...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I still think its just criminal that Diaco has any control over who UConn hires as a OC. I mean Diaco was the one who hand picked HIS staff in the first place, and look where that's got us!

Reaction Score
I still think its just criminal that Diaco has any control over who UConn hires as a OC. I mean Diaco was the one who hand picked HIS staff in the first place, and look where that's got us!

Verducci did not work out. He better have learned something. This is his last shot. His is on the line. Can't make a mistake. No room for error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom