Any OC Search Updates? | The Boneyard

Any OC Search Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any UConn OC search updates? I can't believe we STILL haven't heard from Benedict after the football season to address his support of Diaco, and seach for a new OC, etc... Insane times.

Reaction Score
and they (our Athletic Department) want us to be fully in on UCONN Football...

Nice way to treat your alumni and fans...

When you keep everything in the dark, til the last minute, then put out a *ty product it doesn't give anybody the warm fuzzies...

If we get this same treatment and find out we get another no name never been an OC before coach come signing day (and not sooner), message to the Athletic Department: you get what you ask for.. NO(or lack of) SUPPORT from the fan base.... and I don't want to hear somebody saying the opposite... You're delusional if you are. We get the same song and dance everytime there's a change..

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
and they (our Athletic Department) want us to be fully in on UCONN Football...

Nice way to treat your alumni and fans...

When you keep everything in the dark, til the last minute, then put out a *ty product it doesn't give anybody the warm fuzzies...

If we get this same treatment and find out we get another no name never been an OC before coach come signing day (and not sooner), message to the Athletic Department: you get what you ask for.. NO(or lack of) SUPPORT from the fan base.... and I don't want to hear somebody saying the opposite... You're delusional if you are. We get the same song and dance everytime there's a change..
Its so true... I feel like I know more about what's going on at Cincinatti right now with their coaching changes than I do here with UConn!?!

Reaction Score
i have no problem with silence from here until 1/1/17

If we're waiting til 1/1/17 that's 3 more weeks we lose out on recruits that we could've been in on because they might like our OC.. or, are you OK with "Joe Blow from Waxahatchie State Univ being brought in as OC because he's Diaco's frat brother. He coached at the NFL, and FBS and FCS levels but has lately been coaching at the DIII level. He wants another shot at the big time" or... When we start the season 0-3, how will you feel then?

I just don't get that logic...

It's clear as day we recruit under the radar types... I get that, BUT, at some point, if you want visibility to the program, you can't just sit back and watch everybody else make moves while your team sits back, loses, as everybody expects you to, lose your fan support, and don't show the supporters anything until game time... We just simple get to listen to a bunch of car salesman talk...

Just can't do that this time around... Walk the walk bro, no more talking....

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
i have no problem with silence from here until 1/1/17

Except that we will have conference mates Houston, Cincy, and Temple (and potentially USF too if Taggart gets another job soon) all pre-empting us on the coaching hire pecking order and recruiting before we even fire our Fiasco. Is that worth $1.5MM?

Reaction Score
If we're waiting til 1/1/17 that's 3 more weeks we lose out on recruits that we could've been in on because they might like our OC.. or, are you OK with "Joe Blow from Waxahatchie State Univ being brought in as OC because he's Diaco's frat brother. He coached at the NFL, and FBS and FCS levels but has lately been coaching at the DIII level. He wants another shot at the big time" or... When we start the season 0-3, how will you feel then?

It's clear as day we recruit under the radar types... I get that, BUT, at some point, if you want visibility to the program, you can't just sit back and watch everybody else make moves while your team sits back, loses, as everybody expects you to, lose your fan support, and don't show the supporters anything until game time... We just simple get to listen to a bunch of car salesman talk...

If Joe Blow has been a successful D3 OC & has some new ideas I'll gladly take him.

Reaction Score
I guess recruiting at UCONN is what recruiting will only be.... and, fan support will continue status quo too...a 40 plus thousand seat football stadium more than half empty....

Reaction Score
I think this is largely a lost year at this point anway. Diaco isn't going anyplace but barring a miraculous intercession he won't be around past next season. We are not going to get lots of recruiting wins this year. The new offensive coordinator will likely be someone who is an fcs guy or another first timer. Very hard to get an established guy to come to a sinking ship. Remember, Weist was a first time oc so it can work.

Reaction Score
I think this is largely a lost year at this point anway. Diaco isn't going anyplace but barring a miraculous intercession he won't be around past next season. We are not going to get lots of recruiting wins this year. The new offensive coordinator will likely be someone who is an fcs guy or another first timer. Very hard to get an established guy to come to a sinking ship. Remember, Weist was a first time oc so it can work.
It's not so much that an OC guy is a first time guy at the coaching position. What bothers me is we get the NO NAME guy out of the blue... NOBODY really knows the guy, but "according to those in the know" (whoever the hell they are) he's got recruiting ties all over.... How's that panned out so far? Gimme a break with that.
All the twitter and Boneyard ranting and raving that we belong P5 up and until the UCF fiasco. Yet we get nothing from the powers that be on our end to show us that we're working building this program to consistent respectability. I'm not saying we need to be great, but at least be consistent, in a good way... Right now we're consistently bad (behind the scenes)... The proof is in the pudding ( 3-9 ). We haven't proven ... Nothing.
Am I a little envious of other programs that knew that they needed to make moves once the season ended actually making moves, AND, on top of that, keeping the fan base in the mix? Hell yeah, I am.

We don't get treated like that here... It's all hush hush.

Hopefully they get it right. If not, I'm sure we'll see games on ESPN News, ESPN2, CBS Sports at the Rent with a half empty stadium...consistently.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Its so true... I feel like I know more about what's going on at Cincinatti right now with their coaching changes than I do here with UConn!?!

I think we have to consider the very real possibility that there's not a damn thing going on with coaching changes at UCONN right now.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Losing recruits that aren't thinking about signing on to a 3-9 team with a lame duck coach?

I'd wager a fair number are hoping for an upgrade. They watch games too. I can't blame the Temple kid in spite of a little schadenfreude over Rhule leaving.

Reaction Score
On the basketball forum the talk is that UConn got $2.5 million to put up a champion room in the Werth center. That money would go a long way towards Diaco's buyout. They claim it is from donations. I think their priorities are a little mixed up.

Reaction Score
On the basketball forum the talk is that UConn got $2.5 million to put up a champion room in the Werth center. That money would go a long way towards Diaco's buyout. They claim it is from donations. I think their priorities are a little mixed up.

Who's priority - the donor(s) who earmarked the money?

Reaction Score
If someone donated the money for it, then (I'm almost positive) legally that person can demand the money back if it's not used for the designated purpose.

Reaction Score
Who's priority - the donor(s) who earmarked the money?

I don't know if it's one donor or a couple. Seems to me if they can raise that much why can't we raise money for the firing? Hopefully it is being done on the qt right now.

Reaction Score
huskymedic...you know the only rule of the secret thread is that you don't talk about the secret thread. You're now banned from the secret thread.

But they were just telling me all about it at the car wash.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's one donor or a couple. Seems to me if they can raise that much why can't we raise money for the firing? Hopefully it is being done on the qt right now.

This was part the original $33+ million raised for the project. It's not new.

Reaction Score

I think one thing that you are failing to consider is that donors like to put their name on things and have something to point to. It's more enticing to a donor to have the "Joe Smith Champion Room" than it is to pay to fire someone. Paying to fire someone comes from deep, deep pockets (think Phil Knight).

Reaction Score
I think one thing that you are failing to consider is that donors like to put their name on things and have something to point to. It's more enticing to a donor to have the "Joe Smith Champion Room" than it is to pay to fire someone. Paying to fire someone comes from deep, deep pockets (think Phil Knight).

"The Boneyard Head Coaches Room" works for me. Gofundme.com

(As long as we get some input on the new head coach)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom