Any J. Joseph update? | The Boneyard

Any J. Joseph update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He came out of the game with some leg injury. I don't recall him coming back in so maybe I missed it. Anyone know his status?

Reaction Score
I will be pleasantly surprised if we see him back. It looked like an Achilles injury, and those are never good.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's an achilles injury and it sounds like he is done.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I read that Jennings is done for the year with his knee. If Joseph is done as well we have an issue. Will be interesting to see what the frosh Norris can do and whether Louis can contribute. Frosh Santos was touted as a terrific athlete during his recruitment.

That all said, I would not be surprised if Wirth ends up outside on some of our sets. He has been absolutely terrific and to my eye shows the quickness to play there as well.

Reaction Score
That really hurts... It seemed like MD was moving the ball a little better at the end. Not sure if it can 100% be related to Joseph, but I'm sure he'll be missed if he is out for any stretch.

Reaction Score
That all said, I would not be surprised if Wirth ends up outside on some of our sets. He has been absolutely terrific and to my eye shows the quickness to play there as well.[/quote]

This makes a lot of sense to me. Especially since Pruitt and Campenni have been contributing at DT. But I wonder if these injuries will cause a few more redshirts to be burned. Like Battles-Santos or Myers. Wonder how confident the staff is with Willman, McBride, and Louis.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That all said, I would not be surprised if Wirth ends up outside on some of our sets. He has been absolutely terrific and to my eye shows the quickness to play there as well.

I'd be more than surprised if that happens. You don't take someone that is unarguably one of your top two DT's and shift him outside. I would rather them convert a linebacker to fill the end spot than to take Wirth and Stephen out of the center of the D. That's just my take on it, anyway. I'm sure that Don Brown knows the personnel better than I do!

Reaction Score
Thinking it's not good... Tweeted this morning.

“@JesseJoseph91: Major decisions gotta be made”

Sure we will hear after today's media call.

Reaction Score
Losing Jennings for the season, and now likely Joseph, it is a huge blow. Depth was once a strength, now it is a huge weakness. If you can't rotate in quality linemen, you are going to get worn down. Might have seen the effects at the end of the MD game.

This could potentially have huge negative effects on the D. We need Stephen back at 100 %. Due to some great linebackers, there could be the option to move one of them on certain running downs as a standup end on the line of scrimmage (something like Campenni/Pruitt, Stephen and wirth as the down linemen and Donohue or Smallwood standing up slightly off tackle)

I am really bummed about these two injuries and fear we can get exposed by teams running the football. The margin for error has just gotten extremely small.

Reaction Score
Trust in Brown. He will figure it out if he has to suit up himself!

Reaction Score
I'd be more than surprised if that happens. You don't take someone that is unarguably one of your top two DT's and shift him outside. I would rather them convert a linebacker to fill the end spot than to take Wirth and Stephen out of the center of the D. That's just my take on it, anyway. I'm sure that Don Brown knows the personnel better than I do!

I saw a lot of 3-4 yesterday which leads me to believe that they can keep Wirth on the field with another DT. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I saw a lot of 3-4 yesterday which leads me to believe that they can keep Wirth on the field with another DT. We'll see.
I think (not sure, as I'm too in the game to dissect) that what we've been seeing is more of a 3-3-5, with Andrew Adams in as a third safety. Adams has been more than solid to date.

Reaction Score
I think (not sure, as I'm too in the game to dissect) that what we've been seeing is more of a 3-3-5, with Andrew Adams in as a third safety. Adams has been more than solid to date.

Yes, I agree. And with that much speed on the field you have to wonder if you can't live with Wirth on the outside.

Reaction Score
Yes, I agree. And with that much speed on the field you have to wonder if you can't live with Wirth on the outside.

I definitely think we can, although the margin for error is thin due to depth issues. This D just has so much speed and athleticism. On obvious run downs, Wirth will be fine as a DE. Kick him inside on passing downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom