Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rivals change. Coaches retire. TOP PROGRAMS ENDURE. Your team would still be dog**** if it wasn't for Calhoun's dirty recruiting against us in the early 90s, and then the shady way he paid off AAU coaches (like the $20K to Rudy Gay's coach). There's a reason that Boeheim was the only guy among NCAA coaches who could stand Calhoun, because he was a punk, but Boeheim felt sorry for him after he got cancer.
Go away.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Eh, you had a lucky run with Kemba. If anyone had continued to call traveling, that team wouldn't have made it out of the Big East tournament. Carolina and Duke are hoops royalty. UConn hoops is Jim Calhoun. If you can keep it going after him, it will be a major accomplishment.
Take away your lucky run with CA and you'd be similar to St John's, PC, etc. A school with a handful of final four appearances and zero titles.

Additionally (re: the JC comment), take K away from Duke and they aren't royalty, they are merely another of the above mentioned with a few final four appearances and no titles.

Reaction Score
1. Syracuse had bag men passing out money in the 90s. Got caught.

2. The Cuse administration likes to sweep all bad stuff under the rug. Player smacks around a girl? Sweep it under the rug, player plays (at UConn, you'd be thrown out of school). Multiple players get caught smoking? Sweep it under the rug. A guy accuses a coach of molestation? Sweep it under the rug (talking about the 2005 "investigation").

3. Calhoun didn't pay the Baltimore guy $20k. He paid $25k. And it went to Baltimore Parks & Rec. And it was legal. Maryland, Duke, Cuse do it too. Heck, these coaches donate F4 tix to the Pump Bros. all the time. Only difference is the Pumps pocket the $$, whereas the UConn money went to Parks & Rec.

4. On the Cuse board, IthacaMatt admitted that the reason he wants UConn to go to the B10 is because he fears UConn basketball. He didn't say this last year when Calhoun was the coach. He wrote this over the last couple of days.

Cuse fans have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to UConn basketball. As they should. UConn kept this conference afloat and relevant during a dark period. Without UConn's ascendance, the league becomes carbon copies of the Catholic schools, about as relevant as the A-10.

Reaction Score
Rivals change. Coaches retire. TOP PROGRAMS ENDURE. Your team would still be dog**** if it wasn't for Calhoun's dirty recruiting against us in the early 90s, and then the shady way he paid off AAU coaches (like the $20K to Rudy Gay's coach). There's a reason that Boeheim was the only guy among NCAA coaches who could stand Calhoun, because he was a punk, but Boeheim felt sorry for him after he got cancer.

Scandalous the way Calhoun paid an AAU team for an exhibition game.

http://www.suathletics.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=2373

As you can see, 'Upstate NY AAU' didn't even really provide a team - it was pretty much just Syracuse alumni. But the check went to the AAU coffers anyway, and those folks brought you Craig Forth (and later Paul Harris).

Don't worry - everyone was doing it back then, so I'm not accusing JB of cheating. It was the way the business worked. Jay Wright gave the Panthers AAU team a check in exchange for an exhibiton game and Jason Fraser. Minnesota had a pipeline going with their AAU feeder program while they were on Clem Haskins academic fraud probation.

It was just Gary Williams who had a snit when he lost a recruiting battle that made it a national issue. Gary paid his AAU checks to the Pump Brothers, who gave him Nik Caner-Medley (ironically, over UConn, but no snit came from Gampel over it). The Pumps had the gig going better than anyone - want our players? Play EA Sports in an exhibition and we'll talk.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
4. On the Cuse board, IthacaMatt admitted that the reason he wants UConn to go to the B10 is because he fears UConn basketball. He didn't say this last year when Calhoun was the coach. He wrote this over the last couple of days.

That is hi-freaking-larious.

Do you happen to have a link handy? I'd love to see his comments.

Reaction Score
Not even out of the league yet, and already kissing tobacco road's ring.

You guys are going to fit into the ACC just fine...

In response to you guys talking about your "hallowed program". Get a freaking clue. You are noveau riche, of the worst kind.

Reaction Score
That is hi-freaking-larious.

Do you happen to have a link handy? I'd love to see his comments.

Let's face it, life is easier for us if we don't have to share the recruiting in this area, No harm in admitting that. You and Rutgers have both taken us off the perch that used to be ours alone. The time in the wilderness appears to be over for football. I certainly want to get over the hump to where we used to be 10 (football) - 20 years (hoops) ago.

Reaction Score
I think maybe we are both wrong and I am stupid. I should root for BC and Syracuse and Rutgers to go away so UConn can play teams a thousand miles away where we don't know any fans and can taunt our old rivals about their demise.

You and Rutgers were never our true rivals, don't you get it? Our true rivals were Penn State, Pitt, WVU, Boston College, Miami and Va. Tech in football. They were Georgetown and St. John's in basketball. Life is a long journey. Hopefully this has just been a blip in the road.

Reaction Score
In response to you guys talking **** about your "hallowed program". Get a freaking clue. You are noveau riche, of the worst kind.

The worst kind, apparently, would be the kind that has three times the national championships in hoops that you do, and sends its expansion football team into your league and goes 6-3 against you. Just run away and hide like your school did. We'll be kicking your butt again soon enough.

Reaction Score
You and Rutgers were never our true rivals, don't you get it? Our true rivals were Penn State, Pitt, WVU, Boston College, Miami and Va. Tech in football. They were Georgetown and St. John's in basketball. Life is a long journey. Hopefully this has just been a blip in the road.

Maybe we weren't true rivals, but it is fair to say you were the second best program in the Big East, so you were the closest thing we had. Pitt made a run at passing you, but you held them off. Props for that.

Reaction Score
So I can only imagine how much time you're spending on their message boards, since they're your true rivals and all.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
20 years of high level success is nothing impressive guys. I think we as a fan base need to take a step back and assess things from an outsiders perspective. The UConn name just doesn't carry much weight in basketball.

Reaction Score
In response to you guys talking **** about your "hallowed program". Get a freaking clue. You are noveau riche, of the worst kind.

You do realize that there are people in their 30's now who are incapable of remembering a time when UConn wasn't a basketball power? Calling us nouveau riche makes you sound geriatric.

Reaction Score
Let's face it, life is easier for us if we don't have to share the recruiting in this area, No harm in admitting that. You and Rutgers have both taken us off the perch that used to be ours alone. The time in the wilderness appears to be over for football. I certainly want to get over the hump to where we used to be 10 (football) - 20 years (hoops) ago.

LOL, he got caught, and now writes this. Now you know what is really behind all his posts.

So, I don't need to search for what I read over there since he duplicates it here.

Reaction Score
Don't you love when fans of big programs think they're programs are completely "clean" as if that's even possible.

Just think how jealous he'd be if Cuse's only title in the last 85 years wasnt the result of college basketball's all-time one-and-done ringer.

Reaction Score
Better to be noveau riche than living in the servant's quarters...

Yeah, just a 20 year blip with Calhoun. When you turn 120, you'll hardly remember it.

Reaction Score
And this kids is what a PU$$¥ looks like.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

We ran the Big East for the past 23 years. Noveau riche my @ss.

I used to respect you as a poster. That is no longer the case.

Reaction Score

Vs. Syracuse, who is this guy . . .

original.jpg

Reaction Score
We ran the Big East for the past 23 years. Noveau riche my @ss.

I used to respect you as a poster. That is no longer the case.

By the way -- guess what the key word in the phrase "new rich" is? Hint -- it's not the "new."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yeah, just a 20 year blip with Calhoun. When you turn 120, you'll hardly remember it.
The halcyon days of SU, St johns and Gtown all being good at once was about a 5 year period in the 80's. Blip indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom