Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Am I missing something? This picture is supposed to be a response to the picture posted earlier? I don't know who these people are but on this board this actually caused a debate?

I posted this because Whaler didn't know who she was. I don't want to hijack this thread.

For what is worth I think that HFD is a Doty fan. I believe that he said Gardler "is too thick" in a prior thread. I'm more of a Gardler guy myself.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? This picture is supposed to be a response to the picture posted earlier? I don't know who these people are but on this board this actually caused a debate?

agreed, the gardler picture wins every day of the week and twice on sundays.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I posted this because Whaler didn't know who she was. I don't want to hijack this thread.

For what is worth I think that HFD is a Doty fan. I believe that he said Gardler "is too thick" in a prior thread. I'm more of a Gardler guy myself.

that gardler pic i have never seen before. shes looks ...wowo....but i'm a loyla guy. i think gardler has had some time to get in 100% shape for that type of outfit/tan and doty is still on the court so shes lifting for some muscle and the tan isn't important. i'm sticking with doty. i used to think gardler was a little to tall/thick for me, now shes just to tall :D. but hey, i would invite both over and hoped atleast 1 showed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

that gardler pic i have never seen before. shes looks ...wowo....but i'm a loyla guy. i think gardler has had some time to get in 100% shape for that type of outfit/tan and doty is still on the court so shes lifting for some muscle and the tan isn't important. i'm sticking with doty. i used to think gardler was a little to tall/thick for me, now shes just to tall :D. but hey, i would invite both over and hoped atleast 1 showed.

I think Doty would come across just as well in a bikini. I think she's the prettier of the two. Gardler did look like she could beat the crap out of any guy smaller than Fishy's reported size in her playing days. They are both attractive...and others were before them, and will be after them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hey that's a fair comment, I admit that Calhoun was a better tournament coach than Boeheim & when g'town went into decline in the escherick years you took advantage & passed us as a program. Yes we were hoops rivals for the pAst 20 years but despite your football wins recently ( when we were at our all time worst as a program) on the football side that never grew into a rivalry game for us. No harm intended there, it's just what is.

Yes I'd prefer you in the big 10 because it would eliminate you as a rival. No offense but I won't miss playing you guys if you wind up elsewhere. It's just better for our program long term to be in a different league than you & Rutgers for football. We have lots of history with the acc football teams & our fans would prefer to play those teams than you guys. I'm tired of being in a league that has built up lesser programs at our expense.

I'll bow out now. Sorry to stir the pot. You guys are good guys. We have lots of history that we've shared. But if this is about football, I still think of you guys as minor league and would prefer to play other programs and not compete for the scraps in eastern recruiting.

I don't get it Matt, I really don't. Didn't get it when BC was afraid of UConn being in the same conference either. Is Bama worse for LSU? Competition breads excellence. It used to do so in the Big East, as it does in the SEC for football. The competition makes everyone better. Look at women's basketball. In the Big East it was UConn and nobody, then Rutgers, Notre Dame and others built stronger programs. They did it because they competed with UConn and recruits wanted to play for or against the best.

The ACC is on the verge of bringing that level of basketball if they add UConn. Syracuse, Pitt, UNC, Duke, GT, FSU and others in the ACC will be better at basketball if UConn is there. On the football side, UConn is a much bigger threat if they are in the B1G. Much bigger.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That's a good suggestion too. But I all ready went ahead and created my twitter account: "Guy Jones@TheGuyOfUConn". I've got one tweet up so far. If people think I lack credibility, I could use that name as a second name to provide me backup. "The Connecticut Yankee" could pop up in a discussion and tell everyone how The Guy of Connecticut "has never been wrong".

Just followed you for the hell of it.

Reaction Score
glad im not the only 1 who sees it like this. i mean honestly who the **** would ever turn down gardler? besides fishy, southtamapbill and makersmuppet those may the only 3 guys. and muppet is not a jerk, hes just literally "the one" and can aim for the moon with girl and land on mars . for stb and the fish its simply a ego thing. i am a pretty sexy guy, i **** skittles and laugh like jay leno. but i am not worthy of these 2 fine ladies, thats why i dream.
"Little" Fishy if you will is 18" and it weighs 20 lbs. I only heard from reliable sources.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
glad im not the only 1 who sees it like this. i mean honestly who the **** would ever turn down gardler? besides fishy, southtamapbill and makersmuppet those may the only 3 guys. and muppet is not a jerk, hes just literally "the one" and can aim for the moon with girl and land on mars . for stb and the fish its simply a ego thing. i am a pretty sexy guy, i **** skittles and laugh like jay leno. but i am not worthy of these 2 fine ladies, thats why i dream.

Well here is a "love fest" post in some forum, with loads of pictures of Meghan. One provides a nice contrast.

meghangardler25.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well here is a "love fest" post in some forum, with loads of pictures of Meghan. One provides a nice contrast.

This one displays some serious assets.
meghangardler30.jpg

Reaction Score
Thanks to all the followers. The Guy now has 23 followers!

That rumor that Nelson posted sounds pretty good, but I better not go over to the West Virginia board and post it now. They are really grilling The Guy over there. They hate The Guy. Posting that rumor would get The Guy banned.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

That rumor that Nelson posted sounds pretty good, but I better not go over to the West Virginia board and post it now. They are really grilling The Guy over there. They hate The Guy. Posting that rumor would get The Guy banned.

Check your inbox. I have a source that says more inside info has been sent to you.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Mhver3 doesn't hate The Guy. In fact, he stole some of The Guy's material.

Reaction Score
The same source that posted this over on their board says today he hears its done. Could be a weird coincidence with uva bot meeting or the greatest news ever. Or nothing as usual

Reaction Score
The same source that posted this over on their board says today he hears its done. Could be a weird coincidence with uva bot meeting or the greatest news ever. Or nothing as usual

I admire his persistence.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Here is why I like this rumor. Everything else you hear is performance related. The rumors are always about the blue chips. This one is different. It's markets driven and it stands out as such. Also it's got a strategic backbone, two clear major market regional pairs in rutgers/uconn and umd/UVA. I know I've been staring at every rumor under the sun for a week, and I also know this is me willing our best option into existence, but my radar is going off.

Reaction Score
Here is why I like this rumor. Everything else you hear is performance related. The rumors are always about the blue chips. This one is different. It's markets driven and it stands out as such. Also it's got a strategic backbone, two clear major market regional pairs in rutgers/uconn and umd/UVA. I know I've been staring at every rumor under the sun for a week, and I also know this is me willing our best option into existence, but my radar is going off.

Well, I no longer think this is patentably unreasonable or totally unbelievable (and I would have even two weeks ago). You have to assume that the Big Ten goes to 16, stops, waits for the SEC and XII to start nibbling at what's left of the ACC until UNC and ND have no choice but to join the Big Ten and get them to a final # of 18.

That would give you a 9 team eastern division of UConn, Rutgers, PSU, Maryland, UNC, UVA, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and either Indiana or Purdue (say Purdue since they play the Irish every year and would balance basketball more) and a 9 team western division of Indiana, Michigan, MSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska and Iowa. My first preference would still be that we join the ACC and it holds together, but I could learn to live with that 18 team Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Well, I no longer think this is patentably unreasonable or totally unbelievable (and I would have even two weeks ago). You have to assume that the Big Ten goes to 16, stops, waits for the SEC and XII to start nibbling at what's left of the ACC until UNC and ND have no choice but to join the Big Ten and get them to a final # of 18.

That would give you a 9 team eastern division of UConn, Rutgers, PSU, Maryland, UNC, UVA, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and either Indiana or Purdue (say Purdue since they play the Irish every year and would balance basketball more) and a 9 team western division of Indiana, Michigan, MSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska and Iowa. My first preference would still be that we join the ACC and it holds together, but I could learn to live with that 18 team Big Ten.
This is a scenario I could get behind.

I don't think it is going to happen, but like you, the whole Rutgers/MD move has made me be more open to moves that at least have some logical basis behind them, and I think this does.

Now if only we could make it happen and let me stop reading this board every five minutes rather than doing the work I desperately need to do...

Reaction Score
This is a scenario I could get behind.

I don't think it is going to happen, but like you, the whole Rutgers/MD move has made me be more open to moves that at least have some logical basis behind them, and I think this does.

Now if only we could make it happen and let me stop reading this board every five minutes rather than doing the work I desperately need to do...

I don't think it is going to happen either. But I can now see it (as ridiculous as it still seems to me in so many ways).

Oh -- and good luck to us in a 9 team football league with Penn State, Ohio State and Notre Dame. We should all be very careful what we wish for.

Reaction Score
I don't think it is going to happen either. But I can now see it (as ridiculous as it still seems to me in so many ways).

Oh -- and good luck to us in a 9 team football league with Penn State, Ohio State and Notre Dame. We should all be very careful what we wish for.
Isn't that what people said about joining a basketball league with Georgetown, St. John's, and Syracuse?

Look, if that's the conference, I'm buying season tickets every year. You'd get half of those teams at the Rent every year, and some years you'd also get a conference game against Nebraska or Michigan at home. I'd take that every week. Are they going to win a bunch of games every year in this imaginary scenario? Not likely at first. But with the right coach, it's "doable."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

i'll take 6-6 years for ever if we get in. thats the gold bball conf and perfect for all other sports also plus the $ and for ever stability. then, u take uconns track record the past 30 years of building sports programs and give the fball thing a go instead of hanging around with indiana. its doable

Reaction Score
when md and ruty rumors became reality, espn pumped the md side of the rumor but not much of the ruty rumor. heres why. because not to long ago espn/acc passed over uconn ruty and wvu to pick from and added cuse and pitt is the thought. but what happens if it was the opposite? maybe those teams said no knowing already that the b10 was a future goal and possible in time? so espn in return having no $ involved in ruty decided to not give much press. they have $ in md so until the buyout is paid they will still put md in press even tho its a negative for the acc. now we have uva and uconn rumors. kets see what espn does here. when espn first learned md was going, they imediately pumped uconn being the acc's next pick. then literally a day later things went quiet and then they started pumping lville. see what i'm getting at here? they wanted uconn and then found out uconn has a better option so they moved on to lville and then cicny and nvy and so on. espn gives away way to much sometimes....kitty hacked me
But we really don't. At least not on the same scale. There were a couple of things said going into that weekend from B1G country on the radio. That's far different than this. We have a couple of 'eers suggesting it, and far more forceful denials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom