Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G | The Boneyard

Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
By the way, your link was actually a post authored by a Rutgers guy quoting Tyler Phommachanh (lol). Tyler Phommachanh being Tim Pernetti, their AD.

Reaction Score
By the way, your link was actually a post authored by a Rutgers guy quoting Tyler Phommachanh (lol). Tyler Phommachanh being Tim Pernetti, their AD.

i was hoping someone would point out who Tyler Phommachanh was thanks Matt.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
i was hoping someone would point out who Tyler Phommachanh was thanks Matt.

No prob. I would trust Tyler Phommachanh on this more than any WVU guy... So I asked mhver3 on twitter what he makes of this.

Reaction Score
I would trust Pernetti (although the quote seems to imply that he is speculating on what will happen) but god only knows if the person who posted it would know who Pernetti was if he punched him in the nose.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I received word that the Big 10 plans to stick at 14. They have added Randy "happy dance" Edsall and the USC of the east.

The ACC plans to add Louisville and stop there. John Swofford then plans to come up to Storrs and challenge random UConn students to bar fights. UConn students are pleased at the opportunity but will be dismayed to find out that Swofford has a secret life as a professional cage fighter. Lots of UConn students will get sent to hospitals.

This is my source of information:
Omastar.gif

(Just as legitimate as these WVU "insiders." I just worry that WVU sources read this, get angry at me and start tweeting about UConn blockades being set up in all 5 major conferences.)

Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh could also be Toilet Paper. That would be as good as any "source" out there at the moment.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
No prob. I would trust Tyler Phommachanh on this more than any WVU guy... So I asked mhver3 on twitter what he makes of this.

You see mhver3's latest?

@MHver3: Interesting that Uconn now has an offer from the ACC but no official word yet.

@MHver3: Fwiw if Uconn gets the B1G bid it simply means espn has succeeded in keeping ACC defections to a minimum. Which means 4-6 at most.

Reaction Score
You see mhver3's latest?

@MHver3: Interesting that Uconn now has an offer from the ACC but no official word yet.

@MHver3: Fwiw if Uconn gets the B1G bid it simply means espn has succeeded in keeping ACC defections to a minimum. Which means 4-6 at most.

I am trying to figure out how UConn to B1G implies ACC has kept defections at a minimum of 4-6. After FSU, Clem, GT, VT, UVA, BC who else would have anywhere to go? there's your 4-6 right there.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
You see mhver3's latest?

Lol yes.

I am awaiting his response to the question I posed to him: @mattmang23: @MHver3 thread on WVU scout board claiming Pernetti is indicating UConn to B1G. Hear anything about this?

I'm giving him time to finish his turkey leftovers, then shake his magic 8 ball before he responds. "It is decidedly so."

Reaction Score
It is comical, but he's a must follow.

I think he's on a mission so he can start sending sponsored tweets.

Lol yes.

I am awaiting his response to the question I posed to him: @mattmang23: @MHver3 thread on WVU scout board claiming Pernetti is indicating UConn to B1G. Hear anything about this?

I'm giving him time to finish his turkey leftovers, then shake his magic 8 ball before he responds. "It is decidedly so."

Reaction Score
It probably has less than 1% chance of happening, but how pissed would BC, Pitt and Cuse be if we did indeed go to the B1G. Freaking hilarious.

I would travel well in the B1G. At least 2 road trips a year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It probably has less than 1% chance of happening, but how pissed would BC, Pitt and Cuse be if we did indeed go to the B1G. Freaking hilarious.

I would travel well in the B1G. At least 2 road trips a year.

UConn fans travelled well to Michigan and Notre Dame (I know it's not B1G, but they are located in B1G country). I was at both and was impressed with the UConn support. My point is that if it's a big venue game, the average UConn fan will be excited and travel well. I know I'd go to two or more road games a year in addition to upping my donation to lock my season tickets in the same location longer!

Reaction Score
Tony Terzi is reporting LVille got the nod from ACC. Not sure how much stock we can put in him but....

@terzimedia

Reaction Score
Tony Terzi is reporting LVille got the nod from ACC. Not sure how much stock we can put in him but....

@terzimedia

We already had some fun with Tony Terzi and his 24 Twitter followers in an earlier thread. :)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Give Terzi credit, he's up to 40 followers. I never tweet and I picked up a few by default. Maybe I should start making up and see how many I can pick up.

Reaction Score
John Casteen, the former much admired president of UVA who stepped aside two years ago, was instrumental in UVA's current president getting her job, and then when a coup was engineered to fire her, was instrumental in her getting it back.

John Casteen also was UConn's President for 5 years, and is very good friends with Philip Austin.

Now that might and probably doesn't mean anything, but in the spirit of WVU's nutso boards, I thought it would fit right in.

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks that the ACC is going to let their TV/recruiting area stop at VA and leave all those eyeballs up through New England just sit there or watch B1G football they are kidding themselves. (I don't count BCU, well because they're BCU)

If for some reason UL got the ACC nod then we are either going with them or the UConn to the B1G rumors are true.

After the SNY contract is up wouldn't the women's BB show up on BTN? Throw in the men's BB second tier, 3rd tier?.... however that works, there would be virtually no one in CT who wouldn't want BTN in their home, no matter what the cost. FB would be the icing on the cake.

Soccer would also be popular.

We ain't getting left out guys. No way, no how.

Reaction Score
John Casteen, the former much admired president of UVA who stepped aside two years ago, was instrumental in UVA's current president getting her job, and then when a coup was engineered to fire her, was instrumental in her getting it back.

John Casteen also was UConn's President for 5 years, and is very good friends with Philip Austin.

Now that might and probably doesn't mean anything, but in the spirit of WVU's nutso boards, I thought it would fit right in.

Thanks Rumrunner. Sounds to me like we got an invite. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom