another UCLA pickup | The Boneyard

another UCLA pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That is a pretty good class. So, is she the #15 player or the #45 player? That's a large variation.

At least part of the discrepancy between the two rankings may lie with her ACL injury, which sidelined her for quite a spell.
In spite of the injury, she was recruited by some top-flight schools, including Notre Dame, her dad's alma mater (he played football for the Irish). She took an official visit to ND awhile back. I read an article or three on her and I recall her mom being a principal at one of her schools, so there was probably some well-informed decision making in that household.
Best of luck to her in Westwood.

On the Irish side, Mikayla Vaughn committed a few weeks back and Danielle Patterson is due to visit in late September. Don't know the level of mutual interest between Jade Williams and/or the Irish, but I've got to think MM and Niele are looking for one more "big."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Rumor on the Baylor board is that Alexis Morris is going to re-open her recruitment and then commit to Baylor soon after. We shall see what happens in the next few days. If she does commit that may be the end of the 2017 recruiting class for the Lady Bears.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The following is being reported about Alexis Morris. I don't understand this as I didn't know that players submitted any sort of document if the verbal. And why would her school contact Baylor?

"she has turned in her NCAA clearinghouse information to Baylor and her school has contacted Baylor."

Anyone have any insight on this process?

Reaction Score
The following is being reported about Alexis Morris. I don't understand this as I didn't know that players submitted any sort of document if the verbal. And why would her school contact Baylor?

"she has turned in her NCAA clearinghouse information to Baylor and her school has contacted Baylor."

Anyone have any insight on this process?

The clearinghouse has to do with eligibility. the clearinghouse would verify grades, credits, to make sure she is in on track to be an academically eligible college player. we don't normally hear about this so maybe she transferred high schools or had something else in her education which would cause colleges to want to be sure she's on track. Or maybe it always happens but is such a formality that it doesn't get reported.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The clearinghouse has to do with eligibility. the clearinghouse would verify grades, credits, to make sure she is in on track to be an academically eligible college player. we don't normally hear about this so maybe she transferred high schools or had something else in her education which would cause colleges to want to be sure she's on track. Or maybe it always happens but is such a formality that it doesn't get reported.

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I am going to take this as a positive, but I wonder if she would be doing this for all schools that she is considering or if this is typically only done once a player is ready to make a verbal commitment? I guess we will find out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom