...another large donation towards practice facility coming... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

...another large donation towards practice facility coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Frankly, I am much more interested and concerned about BC's program.

I'm really only interested in UCONN's pursuit of a practice facility from a taxpayer perspective. Just curious how much the University is gonna cost the little guy in the state this time. God knows every project UCONN does comes in way over budget and wreaks of fraud. And we all know Calhoun's position on the state of the economy "Not one dime back"

It has been stated many times that the practice facility will be built with private funds. OK, now that that is answered you can go back to watching BCU get throttled by BU, Harvard, Umass, URI, etc. LOL

Reaction Score
It has been stated many times that the practice facility will be built with private funds. OK, now that that is answered you can go back to watching BCU get throttled by BU, Harvard, Umass, URI, etc. LOL

Imagine this guy coming here talking crap about JC? Funny !!

Reaction Score

I'm really only interested in UCONN's pursuit of a practice facility from a taxpayer perspective. Just curious how much the University is gonna cost the little guy in the state this time. God knows every project UCONN does comes in way over budget and wreaks of fraud. And we all know Calhoun's position on the state of the economy "Not one dime back"

Move to Alabama. You'll be happier.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thanks for registering, CTEagle...we now officially have 12% of the BCU season ticket holders on the Boneyard.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Scott Gray with another "the Rams are coming" proclamation?

Reaction Score
I love you guys.

So in a thread where we are talking about the inability, of one of the premier Basketball programs in the country, to get a practice facility, the focus gets turned toward to another program which, especially this year, is completely insignificant in the college hoops landscape.

For the record, yes BC basketball does share Conte with the Premier Hockey team in the country but Conte also has a practice gym for basketball.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not even the best team on your street. Pathetic.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love you guys.

So in a thread where we are talking about the inability, of one of the premier Basketball programs in the country, to get a practice facility, the focus gets turned toward to another program which, especially this year, is completely insignificant in the college hoops landscape.

For the record, yes BC basketball does share Conte with the Premier Hockey team in the country but Conte also has a practice gym for basketball.

Don't sell yourself short. Outside of a point shaving scandal, BCU has always been irrelevant and insignificant in the college hoops landscape.

Reaction Score
BCU is insignificant in every sport that matters in America.

And UConn hasn't really focused on the basketball facility until now. We will have a palace in a short time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BCU has always been irrelevant and insignificant in the college hoops landscape.

They almost became relevent. The Big East could have been the only league to have four teams in the Final Four, but of course BCU spit the bit.

Reaction Score
Very good Waquoit. Few people know BC could have been the 4th BE team in final four the year Nova won it all.
Of course, I would not call losing a game on an off balance buzzer beater shot by Andre Turner spitting the bit...

Reaction Score
Very good Waquoit. Few people know BC could have been the 4th BE team in final four the year Nova won it all.
Of course, I would not call losing a game on an off balance buzzer beater shot by Andre Turner spitting the bit...
You are babling about something that happened over 30 years ago. Bottom line is bcu has never made the final four, including that year.
Regarding one of the premier hoop programs not having a practice facility, well, this project was to start right after one of the nations best football practice facility was built. Shortly afterward the economy tanked. The prime fundraiser took another job. Our AD, at that time, never hired a fundraiser as the state issued a hiring freeze.
Naturally these state freezes have exceptions, but the former AD never explored these possibilities. That's why he's the former AD.
In 3 short months a 5 million donation has been given. Supposedly, as is the title to this thread, another large donation is coming. And the economy is still bad.
I do believe this project will be complete within 3 years. And not a dime out of your pocket you cheap bcu troll.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What I learned on the Boneyard today - Unbeknownst to anyone, Boston College nearly made a final four 25 years ago.

I like this.

Tomorrow, I start telling people that UConn almost won the Fiesta Bowl last year.

(Note to BC fan...the Fiesta Bowl is one of the so-called "BCS" bowls. Someday, perhaps, you'll almost get to one. Fingers crossed for you!)

Reaction Score
Tomorrow, I start telling people that UConn almost won the Fiesta Bowl last year.

(Note to BC fan...the Fiesta Bowl is one of the so-called "BCS" bowls. Someday, perhaps, you'll almost get to one. Fingers crossed for you!)

It's a stretch, but not as much as most people think. We were down 34-20 in the fourth quarter and moving the ball, when we had a third-down completion knocked out of our hands around the Oklahoma 20. Had we finished off that drive and made it 34-27, maybe, just maybe, their collars would have gotten tight and we could have made it really interesting. Well, we probably would have lost 48-27, but we did make Sooner fans squirm a little there in the fourth quarter, which is more than I was expecting.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Remember, many companies offer matching funds on employee contributions so maybe if Werth works for a public company and is not self-employed, the $5 million can become $10 million??? Oh, wait, the matching limit is probably only $1,000. Worth a shot.

Reaction Score

Yeah. Because Calhoun's meager salary is going to be the make or break line item in the $20 Billion state budget. Give me a gnikcvf break, moron. His salary is less than 0.015% of the state budget. They really do grow them STUPID at BC, don't they.

Reaction Score
It's a stretch, but not as much as most people think. We were down 34-20 in the fourth quarter and moving the ball, when we had a third-down completion knocked out of our hands around the Oklahoma 20. Had we finished off that drive and made it 34-27, maybe, just maybe, their collars would have gotten tight and we could have made it really interesting. Well, we probably would have lost 48-27, but we did make Sooner fans squirm a little there in the fourth quarter, which is more than I was expecting.
I doubt very seriously they were doing any squirming at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom