Another injury, another loss | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another injury, another loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah so true in this one. Kentan was really good - 15/14 wow! The other 2 not very good. We're limited as we know but truth be told we win this one with Jalen! Sucks as Horatio I think said there's witch amongst us, throwing some pins on a doll in bad bad places.
i'm really enjoying facey, sucks he is a senior, but he has really developed, im still hoping enoch can develop more cause he has a great body

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This was a game where we definitely could have overachieved in the absence of Adams and nearly did it. The last 1:30 of OT was jump-off-a-bridge worthy.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
i'm really enjoying facey, sucks he is a senior, but he has really developed, im still hoping enoch can develop more cause he has a great body

I'm confident that Enoch will be a huge contributor the next two seasons and will still be a staple off the bench this year. His shots are starting to fall, he's getting more confident, and rebounding the ball better. His footwork on defense is lacking as is his general court awareness, but he's still showing signficant improvement on the defensive end.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Are Facey and Enoch still on the team? I thought maybe they transferred at the half.

Just a brutal game plan after halftime.
1. Enoch started getting murdered on the boards after he picked up those two quick fouls to start the second half. The kid's got a ton of talent, but his confidence disappears in a flash and when that happens he starts to forget the fundamentals. And because of that, we were getting eaten alive with him out there.

Still, I'm hugely encouraged after his first half

2. With Jalen out, we have literally no one who can throw a solid entry pass. It's not an easy thing to do under the best of circumstances, but when you're putting out shooters that the defense doesn't respect (and can thus sag off of to clog the lane), and you have no one to threaten real dribble penetration, the defense can just lean on the post.

Which is exactly what Auburn did. KO was out of options but we still brought the game into OT and nearly pulled it out if Rodney could hit a lay-up.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe we played so bad yet still could of won the game.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
i guess the closet wasnt available
Squeeze of a smart ass response here...would you ever imagine a player n the NFL protocol being back on the sidelines after being diagnosed with a concussion. Odd choice to bring him back out of the locker room is all.

Reaction Score
1. Enoch started getting murdered on the boards after he picked up those two quick fouls to start the second half. The kid's got a ton of talent, but his confidence disappears in a flash and when that happens he starts to forget the fundamentals. And because of that, we were getting eaten alive with him out there.

Still, I'm hugely encouraged after his first half

2. With Jalen out, we have literally no one who can throw a solid entry pass. It's not an easy thing to do under the best of circumstances, but when you're putting out shooters that the defense doesn't respect (and can thus sag off of to clog the lane), and you have no one to threaten real dribble penetration, the defense can just lean on the post.

Which is exactly what Auburn did. KO was out of options but we still brought the game into OT and nearly pulled it out if Rodney could hit a lay-up.

Usually agree with you but not today. It's hard to make a GREAT entry pass. You know...where you put the ball in a spot to help your teammate make a move. Or you pump fake and hold the defense on your position a second longer allowing the post up player to obtain better position preventing a quick double team.

Is it hard to get the ball to a big in the post...no it's not. Just be patient and pass them the duck**** ball. Would it have made a difference? IMO I would have done anything to get the ball to Facey at any position on the court.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Is it hard to get the ball to a big in the post...no it's not. Just be patient and pass them the duck**** ball. Would it have made a difference? IMO I would have done anything to get the ball to Facey at any position on the court.
Fair enough, and I agree wholeheartedly with that last part. At one point with about 8 minutes ago I turned to my cousin and said "I kind of just want Kentan to start launching threes any time he touches it."

FWIW he looked like he took the loss hard, and was pissed in the handshake line afterward. Kid's really found himself this year and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in conference play.

Reaction Score
This is honestly how every UConn fan should be thinking. I don't understand this fans that think it's easy to win when you are missing so many bodies. Trying to win with your three best players injured, and only two guards. The improvement in flow and the defensive tenacity is night and day from a month ago. I like what I see from the young guys, even if the results aren't there. It sucks not getting wins but guys are getting significant experience and hopefully they keep improving. Not much more you can ask for this year.

Agreed. Incremental improvement and maybe, just maybe Hammi's arrival with Jalen's return and all we can do is cross our fingers in Hartford come March. No AAC team truly scares me. It's the only road now but the dead end has yet to materialize and won't until the AAC tourney one way or the other.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah agree I still see the little things which are improving and others would too if they were looking at this season form the right perspective. Make some shots today and it's an easy win, but they didn't. But man there were a ton of open looks. And Facey and Enoch looked great in the first 20 making offensive plays and rebounding the ball.

Diallo could change some things, maybe finish a couple breaks rather than losing it or hitting nothing but backboard. But the kids who we do have here are playing hard and trying to get better, what more can you ask?

The million dollar question is whether they are open because the offense is running efficiently or because opposing coaches know the UConn players can't shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom