Another injury, another loss | The Boneyard

Another injury, another loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
worst start of a Husky season in 20+ years...

Agh...

Diallo please change this program around...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
One player is not going to turn things around at this point. Maybe Magic or Bird in their prime, but even that would be questionable. We just don't have enough bodies -- in the back court of all places. Our damned strength going into the season.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed at the people who think getting Diallo will dramatically change this team. I hope you guys are right.

At least we've clearly improved a ton from the beginning of the year in terms of executing offense and defense. Too bad our freshman can't throw the ball in the ocean right now, they're really solid players aside from that.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed at the people who think getting Diallo will dramatically change this team. I hope you guys are right.

At least we've clearly improved a ton from the beginning of the year in terms of executing offense and defense. Too bad our freshman can't throw the ball in the ocean right now, they're really solid players aside from that.

Yeah agree I still see the little things which are improving and others would too if they were looking at this season form the right perspective. Make some shots today and it's an easy win, but they didn't. But man there were a ton of open looks. And Facey and Enoch looked great in the first 20 making offensive plays and rebounding the ball.

Diallo could change some things, maybe finish a couple breaks rather than losing it or hitting nothing but backboard. But the kids who we do have here are playing hard and trying to get better, what more can you ask?

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Why was Jalen even on the bench at the end? If he had a concussion, it's not exactly the smartest thing to bring him onto the bench in a bright and loud arena...he was squinting and looked noticeably woozy.

Reaction Score
Yeah agree I still see the little things which are improving and others would too if they were looking at this season form the right perspective. Make some shots today and it's an easy win, but they didn't. But man there were a ton of open looks. And Facey and Enoch looked great in the first 20 making offensive plays and rebounding the ball.

Diallo could change some things, maybe finish a couple breaks rather than losing it or hitting nothing but backboard. But the kids who we do have here are playing hard and trying to get better, what more can you ask?

This is honestly how every UConn fan should be thinking. I don't understand this fans that think it's easy to win when you are missing so many bodies. Trying to win with your three best players injured, and only two guards. The improvement in flow and the defensive tenacity is night and day from a month ago. I like what I see from the young guys, even if the results aren't there. It sucks not getting wins but guys are getting significant experience and hopefully they keep improving. Not much more you can ask for this year.

H

huskymagic

Yes 1 Player can dramatically change a team. Look at Auburn and Austin Wiley their 5 Star Center who played well in the post. If Hamidou was playing there was no way he would have missed back to back open dunks that Rodney always misses or fumbles away. He would have thundered them home and got the team and crowd excited. Not to mention Hamidou gives the team another presence on the court who the other team has to guard and respect on the perimeter and in transition thus opening up things for other players. Lastly, we need to play inside out when we are dominating in the paint and lose our point guard in the second half.

Reaction Score
We are paying for our sins of winning 4 titles in 15 years....I will sacrifice this season to wash the program of those sins, appease the Gods and return UConn to it's rightful place of prominence in 2017-2018.

I would have thought CR apocalypse had pretty much covered that and then some.

Reaction Score
We do need to remember how we were shooting the ball all game from the perimeter and maybe even give Bruce P some credit. The pass to the interior wasn't as easy as they collapsed from the outside quickly to make it hard for our bigs to move with the ball. Inside - out obviously won't work as well when you're 3-22 from 3. Having said that we didn't try enough to get it to them, they were playing well.

Reaction Score
We are paying for our sins of winning 4 titles in 15 years....I will sacrifice this season to wash the program of those sins, appease the Gods and return UConn to it's rightful place of prominence in 2017-2018.
We're paying for losing one of the greatest coaches of all time while also simultaneously being subjected to recruiting restrictions. We normally win with elite upperclassmen at the guard and small forward positions. Here is a list of the upper class guards on our team: Rodney Purvis.

Reaction Score
We're paying for losing one of the greatest coaches of all time while also simultaneously being subjected to recruiting restrictions. We normally win with elite upperclassmen at the guard and small forward positions. Here is a list of the upper class guards on our team: Rodney Purvis.
And he can't dribble or make a layup so...

If you're realistic you can't be too upset with these results. Purvis is the 4th best player on our team if healthy (1. Larrier, 2. Adams, 3. Gilbert) and he had to do it all on his own today down the stretch. It was ugly, but whatever. Facey looks great, though. As does Enoch. Hope it continues for Enoch as he's an immensely huge piece for our program's success over the next two seasons.

Reaction Score
We do need to remember how we were shooting the ball all game from the perimeter and maybe even give Bruce P some credit. The pass to the interior wasn't as easy as they collapsed from the outside quickly to make it hard for our bigs to move with the ball. Inside - out obviously won't work as well when you're 3-22 from 3. Having said that we didn't try enough to get it to them, they were playing well.
Mau I was at the game and they abandoned inside game putting Enoch on the bench and riding AB. KO is not a great x and o coach as he never tried to back to Enoch when we had so much trouble scoring from the outside. Winnable game even with injuries. I'm just dumbfounded with KO's coaching this year. I mean not substituting for AB with offense for defense the last inbound play to have one of your only shooters inbounding it was frustrating.

Reaction Score
And he can't dribble or make a layup so...

If you're realistic you can't be too upset with these results. Purvis is the 4th best player on our team if healthy (1. Larrier, 2. Adams, 3. Gilbert) and he had to do it all on his own today down the stretch. It was ugly, but whatever. Facey looks great, though. As does Enoch. Hope it continues for Enoch as he's an immensely huge piece for our program's success over the next two seasons.
Are Facey and Enoch still on the team? I thought maybe they transferred at the half.

Just a brutal game plan after halftime.

And I wouldn't put Purvis close to 4th best if we had everyone healthy. The guy does things well, but I can't remember very many players whose mistakes were as consistently punishing as Rodney's. Teams must be shooting 75% on the transition threes that come after the grenade he throws at the backboard while attempting a layup. He'll play 8 minutes of solid basketball, and then give it all back in 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like the fact that we don't run anything he supposedly calls in a timeout. The Vance Jackson 3 was the epitome of a WTF play. Guy could not hit an open three and takes a deep off balance one with game online. Just no smarts whatsoever. Not sure who is running team but it does not appear like Ollie is.

Reaction Score
its tough when the players that hurt you the most are your seniors, not your freshman

Reaction Score
its tough when the players that hurt you the most are your seniors, not your freshman

Yeah so true in this one. Kentan was really good - 15/14 wow! The other 2 not very good. We're limited as we know but truth be told we win this one with Jalen! Sucks as Horatio I think said there's witch amongst us, throwing some pins on a doll in bad bad places.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score

And again, we got out of scholarship restrictions and immediately brought in three pre- injured players ( in the same class ) . That's what put us in this mess.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Reading some of the comments in this posts makes me smile
It's a breath of fresh air in comparative to the same dolts on the chatroom who repeat the same things over and over from I hate KO to its on KO to what do they do in practice to this program is a joke, KO sucks cuz the refs dont respect him etc etc.
If these people (4 in particular) hate the coach and program why waste their time being so miserable
Ive been watching this team since 1965 and have seen worse than this
I was happy with the 1st half, particularly when JA sat down - SE and KF and to some extent, RP were great
Whay happened in the 2nd half? SE decided he was going to play lazy, RP had too many brain farts, the freshmen like VY and Vital were really freshmen and our QB went out - that's life
KO was into the game the whole time
Im never happy with a loss and this game would have been in the W column if JA played the whole second half
Merry Christmas all - even the miserable ones in the chat room
Merry Christmas KO and team - enjoy the one/two days off

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to "let's win this for Jalen" attitude.

Sorry but this game could and should have been won. Obviously we were leaderless and no one used Jalen's injury to motivate the team to victory.

We've seen that happen in sports dozens of times. Regardless of Ollie's coaching our seniors should have taken control of the game and won it for our star, hell they had our fans backing them. This senior class lacks that kind of leadership. Not complaining just an observation.

Also chemistry was on display and all I saw was frustration, confusion, lack of composure and poor body language.

Could have been fatigue or simply unfamiliar lineups, but I wanted them to win it for Jalen so bad perhaps more than they did.

Reaction Score
Mau I was at the game and they abandoned inside game putting Enoch on the bench and riding AB. KO is not a great x and o coach as he never tried to back to Enoch when we had so much trouble scoring from the outside. Winnable game even with injuries. I'm just dumbfounded with KO's coaching this year. I mean not substituting for AB with offense for defense the last inbound play to have one of your only shooters inbounding it was frustrating.
I didn't get that. We had success running plays for Facey and Enoch in the first half and we abandoned it in the second half. Auburn's half court defense wasn't anything special. For all our problems if Rodney finishes we win this game going away.
This team is snake bit but here are some positives:
Another good game by Facey, maybe Enoch's coming out game, they played hard as hell for the entire game and we rebounded well. I really think Jackson will prove to be an outstanding outside shooter but it would be good if it happened this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom