Another Geno zinger... | The Boneyard

Another Geno zinger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 3h
#UConn's Geno Auriemma on key to blocking shots w/o picking up fouls "you have to check the referee assignments."
I cringe any time a certain ref is officiating games. She has it in for UConn. Is there any way for a team to lodge a protest? I mean UConn is the 800 lb gorilla of the sport, if they ask for a ref to not work one of their games, I imagine that request would be granted.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I cringe any time a certain ref is officiating games. She has it in for UConn. Is there any way for a team to lodge a protest? I mean UConn is the 800 lb gorilla of the sport, if they ask for a ref to not work one of their games, I imagine that request would be granted.

Certainly -- tell the supervisor of the American not to hire them.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If everyones's hot and bothered about Stef's third, it's not totally unreasonable for the contact at the very end of the scrum for the rebound to be called a foul. Surely a lot of officials woundn't have blown a whistle but it's certainly wihin a ref's discretion.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - I would like an upgrade, but I don't think I've seen a really terrible officiating game this year. You hope they don't destroy a game, but you expect a few dubious calls each way as well.

Reaction Score
I think the reffing this year has been better than last year. We haven't gotten to any close games yet, where a call one way or the other would make the difference, at least not for UConn. For anyone else? We'll see what happens as the season goes on.

Reaction Score
That orange team down south thinks they got horrible refs for two games so far

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
That orange team down south thinks they got horrible refs for two games so far

Another sign that reffing is improving: most years at this point, they think they've had two games when they didn't have horrible refs ...:rolleyes:

I kinda like "that orange team down south", but, we need to make it an anagram, like LOL or YOLO , to shorten things up in our busy contemporary world - so, do we go with TOTDS? If we do, I think phonetically, we gotta make the "D" silent, for the pronunciation of "TOTS". That works on a couple of different levels, and lends itself to more puns ...:D

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
You forgot to mention who that "terrible" official is. What should UConn say? "There's a terrible official and she shouldn't be doing any more UConn games. Who is she? We don't know. HoopsFan21 forgot to tell us."

Reaction Score
Wrote too soon - the TOTS will now claim three "reffing jobs". The TOTS courtesy of PinotBear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom