Angel is back... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Angel is back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Sun beat the Mystics, 77-70. Needlessly close because of some uncharacteristic turnovers.

Sun are now 20-7, 2 full games ahead of Indiana. Everyone needs to root for Maya and the Lynx next week to beat Indiana twice.

Reaction Score
Connecticut is a very good team and they have played very well this season. My concerns for them in the playoffs is that their best player, Tina Charles, is a post player as opposed to a guard or a wing. In basketball, playoffs are more often than not won by the team with the best guard or wing on the floor. Minnesota, last year, was a mathcup nightmare for any team. The best player on the floor was always Seimone Augustus. Maya was usually the best wing and a perfect compliment. Lindsay Whalen is a capable point guard, and Brunson and McWilliams-Franklin are capable of neutralizing any center in the league; Consumate pros. Which is to say that I do not like the way Connecticut is constituted going forward. To get out of the East, they will have to beat Tameka Catchings and Indiana( I actually like CT's matchup with the Fever) and/or Angel McCoughtry and the Dream, a matchup that does not favor the Sun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom