Andrew Raycoft No Longer Goalie Coach? | The Boneyard

Andrew Raycoft No Longer Goalie Coach?

Reaction Score
Andrew Raycroft is no longer listed on the UConn hockey website as goaltender coach. He was a volunteer assistant for the last three seasons.

Ross MacKinnon now listed as a volunteer assistant coach.

Reaction Score
Ross Mackinnon's bio for the CT Wolfpack is here:
http://ctwolfpackhockey.com/Page.asp?n=129132&org=ctwolfpackyouth

He's also a product of Pro-Crease Goaltending run by Quinnipiac goalie coach Jared W a i m o n. I can tell you from personal experience that is top shelf and these guys will be extremely technically sound.
I'll leave you guys this for entertainment purposes as well:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ross Mackinnon's bio for the CT Wolfpack is here:
http://ctwolfpackhockey.com/Page.asp?n=129132&org=ctwolfpackyouth

He's also a product of Pro-Crease Goaltending run by Quinnipiac goalie coach Jared W a i m o n. I can tell you from personal experience that is top shelf and these guys will be extremely technically sound.
I'll leave you guys this for entertainment purposes as well:

Now that is just really stupid.

Reaction Score
Now that is just really stupid.
Aside from that Dick he had a great career in the minor leagues and again if he is a disciple of Jared's is top notch teaching skills.

Reaction Score
Aside from that Dick he had a great career in the minor leagues and again if he is a disciple of Jared's is top notch teaching skills.
No no, I was referring to the vid of goalies fighting. There are legitimate reasons for fighting in hockey and none of them involve the goalies going at each other. That's was I was calling stupid. Not that we haven't seen stupidity before ....

Reaction Score
On that video, in fairness to the goalie in gray - the blue goalie inserted himself into the fight and facewashed a guy. It's an unwritten rule and standard practice that when a fight breaks out, unless someone directly provokes the goalie physically, which is extremely rare, he just skates away and lets the fight go. When a goalie does that, the other goalie is fair game to skate across the ice and engage him.

Reaction Score
On that video, in fairness to the goalie in gray - the blue goalie inserted himself into the fight and facewashed a guy. It's an unwritten rule and standard practice that when a fight breaks out, unless someone directly provokes the goalie physically, which is extremely rare, he just skates away and lets the fight go. When a goalie does that, the other goalie is fair game to skate across the ice and engage him.
Disagree. It is handled by the guys who skate for a living. Usually the enforcer or his on-ice designee and the offender. NO ONE wants goalies fighting and it is just stupid to do so.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Disagree. It is handled by the guys who skate for a living. Usually the enforcer or his on-ice designee and the offender. NO ONE wants goalies fighting and it is just stupid to do so.

I went to a bunch of ECHL games for a few years. I'm pretty sure 90% of the people there wanted the goalies to fight.

Reaction Score
I went to a bunch of ECHL games for a few years. I'm pretty sure 90% of the people there wanted the goalies to fight.
Spectators. Not people associated with the teams. Foolish risk to investment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom