Andre Drummond's Academic Standing? | The Boneyard

Andre Drummond's Academic Standing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been under the impression for the past year that AD was in strong academic standing. This was confirmed by the following article, which states:

"Drummond graduated from St. Thomas More School in June and has qualified for college entrance with solid SAT scores."

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2011/08/10/sports/doc4e43187906dd8128652401.txt

Interesting that the UK board has multiple posters insisting that "AD has zero chance at getting by the NCAA Clearinghouse". Those rednecks must have some SERIOUS connections with St. Thomas More's administration to get access to his real records :). What a great day to be a Husky!

Reaction Score
UConn fans have followed the Drummond recruitment for years now so we all know that Andre and his parents covered all of their bases. While obviously I don't know, I find it very very very hard to believe that he didn't take his SATs after he graduated from high school simply because if he didnt then he wouldn't have the option of doing what he just committed to do.

That being said, the NCAA may take some extra time to clear him, but basketball isn't a fall sport so there shouldn't be any issues with him being cleared in time for the college season.

UK fans are just idiots and angry that they will have the second best freshman center.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They didn't get Enos Kantor last season because of the NCAA. I think there is a big difference when a kid makes 50 grand playing the game from a kid who makes a last minute decision to go to college instead of prep school and is applying late to school, especially since this kid is qualified. Let's hope the NCAA sees things the way we do and not the way some Kentucky fans see things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom