And afterwards, he'll work to improve Israeli-Palestinian relations... | The Boneyard

And afterwards, he'll work to improve Israeli-Palestinian relations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
A short article on Dannel Malloy's efforts to get UConn and BC back on the playing fields.

God's speed, governor...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It needs to happen, and I'm glad that he's taking the steps.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
at this point the way that schools goes after us, unless were in the acc, f them. they will get a boost from playing us more than we will get from playing them. unless it gets us into the acc, let them die and let us continue to rise.

Reaction Score
BC v. UConn on the ice seems more likely at this point in time over BC v. UConn on the gridiron. Interesing though, should get Malloy some voting support from UConn fans in the next elections.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Political feelings aside, is it not a good idea to try and thaw the relationship? The leader of our state happens to be a BC alum... I'm glad he's trying to help. I'm also glad at the brief mention that Warde Manuel and GDF are at least on friendly terms and planning to meet.

Reaction Score
It is good news, for sure. It's also hard to imagine that it's anything more than publicity at this point in time. BC is struggling, and UConn is trying to continue to grow, and our paths right now, are very much apart.

Reaction Score
I don't see why anybody would be against this. Regional rivalries are an absolutely important part of sports and we need a whole lot more "giving a " in this state.

Reaction Score
Sources said Malloy's first words with Father Leahy were, "Uh, uh, duh, uh,
Political feelings aside, is it not a good idea to try and thaw the relationship? The leader of our state happens to be a BC alum... I'm glad he's trying to help. I'm also glad at the brief mention that Warde Manuel and GDF are at least on friendly terms and planning to meet.

Honestly, I don't see the value in this.

Flipper castrated himself when he opened his fat mouth last year. Any influence that BCU had within the ACC is gonzo. And unlike many others, I have no desire, none, to play BCU in either hoops or football.

Reaction Score
I don't see why anybody would be against this. Regional rivalries are an absolutely important part of sports and we need a whole lot more "giving a " in this state.

I'd love to see us playing BC regularly, in all sports. I"d prefer it to be in conference play - the Big East, not the ACC. But I'd take out of conference scheduling regularly. I'm encouraged that steps are being taken publicly.

I'm not holding my breath, and scheduling BC, while something that can be useful for us in the future, is hardly at the top of list of priorities right now. The athletic departments are going to have to be in contact with each other, if the Hockey East change happens and we join that league with Notre Dame next year.

Reaction Score
they are games that should be played, period.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they tell JC we are playing BC!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sources said Malloy's first words with Father Leahy were, "Uh, uh, duh, uh,

Honestly, I don't see the value in this.

Flipper castrated himself when he opened his fat mouth last year. Any influence that BCU had within the ACC is gonzo. And unlike many others, I have no desire, none, to play BCU in either hoops or football.
Fair enough. I'd like to play them and beat the snot out of em. As for value... if there is ANY remote chance of hard feelings hampering an ACC move... then this is absolutely worthwhile.

Reaction Score
A short article on Dannel Malloy's efforts to get UConn and BC back on the playing fields.

God's speed, governor...

Jeez, thanks for tackling something that is really important to the TAXPAYERS of the State!! Hey Gov. why not cut spending and let UConn AD get together to play BCU.

The TAXPAYERS don't care about this, GOV. They want relief from the High TAXES both LIBERAL DEMS and the RINOs put on the workers of Connecticut.
(I still have a business in CT, so I can say it.)

Reaction Score
Jeez, thanks for tackling something that is really important to the TAXPAYERS of the State!! Hey Gov. why not cut spending and let UConn AD get together to play BCU.

The TAXPAYERS don't care about this, GOV. They want relief from the High TAXES both LIBERAL DEMS and the RINOs put on the workers of Connecticut.

I feel you. I do.

If he's going to do something for the University - he'd have pulled what the governor of Virginia did for Virginia Tech 10 years ago and completely destroyed what the ACC was trying to do in the fall, and we'd be in the ACC right now, and wondering what the hell we just did, by selling our souls completely and entirely to ESPN until 2027, while the Big EAst died, rather than working our butts off to resurrect the Big East.

It will get him some positive publicity though, and I'm not holding my breath on renewing the BC v UConn game on the football field anytime soon, although it's looking more and more like we'll get them on the ice.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

You hiring??

Reaction Score

I'm just glad you were able to hijack this thread with your hard-hitting analysis of fiscal policy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Malloy's a boob. His quotes on Conf. realighment were what cause Herbst's prudent shopping end up as "beg harder". He just tone deaf. STFU and let someone with half a brain handle it.

(FWIW I'm no longer a CT resident, so politics aren't motivating this commentary.)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
TAXES TAXES TAXES PEOPLE!!!! HIJACK THIS THREAD!

Reaction Score

Right on - he also thinks over turning the death penalty and sunday booze sales are top priority things the taxpayers must have.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad you were able to hijack this thread with your hard-hitting analysis of fiscal polic
Ok, what is he doing to HELP the businesses of CT?? Colt FIREARMS is building a new plant in Florida, instead of expanding in CT. We have cheaper business costs...energy, labor, etc... what is the LIBS doing?? Besides driving businesses AWAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom