Amore - KO Player By Player Breakdown | The Boneyard

Amore - KO Player By Player Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"facey is our 4 man" well that puts to rest any who is the 4 threads.

Reaction Score
This is a must read. I love all the recruiting "news," but this is real news. Refreshing, and the season is right around the corner...

Reaction Score
“Terrence, the game changer. If anybody has seen our games, he is a game-changer – ‘AKA game changer.’"

lol KO managed to say game changer three times in two sentences. Pretty clear what tsam brings to the table now

Reaction Score
I'll admit that I've maintained the smallest bit of skepticism over just how good Rodney Purvis is going to be for us based purely on his freshman year. Calhoun hyping him up didn't do anything to change that because Calhoun's the same guy who said "remember the name" to describe Darius Smith of all people. (Incidentally, we all do remember his name...because he's one of the guys who brought down the APR).

But Ollie doesn't seem like one for hyperbole. If he's this excited about Purvis and is already questioning how long he'll be at Uconn, I'm on board the hype train.

Reaction Score
i think we're all sleeping on Sam Cassell a little bit. he's going to be very important for us. a big factor off the bench

Reaction Score
I am just so happy we got KO as a coach!!! Frankly I was in the the dump about our FB season. To think that KO got a one year evaluation contract at one time really scared me. Bringing in a new coach would have ruined all the JC ties and traditions. KO is such a positive and inspiring leader. No wonder why his players played out of their minds for him. Again we need to give JC his due for recognizing talent.

Reaction Score
I'll admit that I've maintained the smallest bit of skepticism over just how good Rodney Purvis is going to be for us based purely on his freshman year. Calhoun hyping him up didn't do anything to change that because Calhoun's the same guy who said "remember the name" to describe Darius Smith of all people. (Incidentally, we all do remember his name...because he's one of the guys who brought down the APR).

But Ollie doesn't seem like one for hyperbole. If he's this excited about Purvis and is already questioning how long he'll be at Uconn, I'm on board the hype train.

You are the conductor. I am 1 of the passengers. haha lol

Reaction Score

Yeah, that was the quote that jumped out to me, too. It seems like he's not so subtly hinting at the fact that he might be here only one year - if that's the case, he must be pretty far along. I could see him having a similar season to Rodney Hood at Duke last year and leaving (they're not the same type of player, but you see the connection).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought this line was hilarious:

If you know basketball and you know Sam Cassell, his son plays just like him. He’s got an ‘old man’s’ game. He’s not going to be on the highlights, dunking on everybody, but wherever he wants to get on the court he gets there at his own pace."

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
"facey is our 4 man" well that puts to rest any who is the 4 threads.
It was pretty evident that Facey is our best fit at 4 position and KO seems to echo the same with that statement. Nolan and Brimah just don't go together and Lubin isn't ready for that kind of duty yet. I still believe it will be Facey and Rock at the 4 and Nolan and Brimah at the 5

Reaction Score
I drive a Toyota but I love that my beloved UConn BB team has a Ferrari!!!!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The team looks awesome, and Coach Ollie is incredible at instilling and inspiring confidence and excitement. I said last year that this team probably has more talent than last year, and I still believe that. Winning a NC involves a whole hell of lot of luck as well, but this team can do it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The team looks awesome, and Coach Ollie is incredible at instilling and inspiring confidence and excitement. I said last year that this team probably has more talent than last year, and I still believe that. Winning a NC involves a whole hell of lot of luck as well, but this team can do it.

Nobody likes to talk about this, especially the winning team, but it couldn't be more true. That said, good teams/programs consistently put themselves in position to get 'lucky' time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom