Amida returning for senior year! | The Boneyard

Amida returning for senior year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amida+Brimah+NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+Regionals+swQT0H08okCl.jpg

C

Chief00

Welcome back Mr Brimah - celebrate one night then wake up and find the weight room!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Excellent and expected
Now AB has to get to work on his footwork, hand/eye coordination and developing some type of an inside offensive game. IF he has dreams of playing at the next level, this summer is so important to him in terms of growth. If AB can play like he did vs SMU at home this past season - sweet things will be coming from him and this team will be a pleasure to watch.
Having AB and Purv back means so much for leadership and "locker room" atmosphere.
The team is young but having these two vets back is huge

C

Chief00

Excellent and expected
Now AB has to get to work on his footwork, hand/eye coordination and developing some type of an inside offensive game. IF he has dreams of playing at the next level, this summer is so important to him in terms of growth. If AB can play like he did vs SMU at home this past season - sweet things will be coming from him and this team will be a pleasure to watch.
Having AB and Purv back means so much for leadership and "locker room" atmosphere.
The team is young but having these two vets back is huge

Quite frankly, I still think he needs to get functionally strongly so he can effectively execute whatever whomever teaches him. Whatever post move he learns he needs to:
- obtain and hold position at a sweet spot
- seal his man
- produce a hand target for the pass at the appropriate angle
- see the pass to his hands
- detect the defense and use the option that's least defended and that he is most confident in
- the move should be practiced so it's muscle memory and confident
- be prepared to follow the shot

Reaction Score
As expected as stated by huskyforlife. He was just a day off with the announcement.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I still think he needs to get functionally strongly so he can effectively execute whatever whomever teaches him. Whatever post move he learns he needs to:
- obtain and hold position at a sweet spot
- seal his man
- produce a hand target for the pass at the appropriate angle
- see the pass to his hands
- detect the defense and use the option that's least defended and that he is most confident in
- the move should be practiced so it's muscle memory and confident
- be prepared to follow the shot

Who else here loves when Chief channels Norman Dale? ;)

Reaction Score
So I think our locks for starters are Adams, Purvis, Larrier, and Brimah. The last spot goes to either Gilbert or Facey, most likely (unless we can snag JJ).

Reaction Score
Great news that Brimah will be back! @JimOllie I would expect Facey to start at the four (barring any other incoming help in that area) with Gilbert or Vital to come in when we go small.

Reaction Score
Though I agree we might see AB and KF starting at the beginning of the season I think that will change fast as we have trouble scoring the basket against really good teams. We can't afford to have them on the court at the same time. We will be playing lots of small ball with both AG and VJ seeing time on the court.

Hopefully we get JJ and don't ever have to see them on the court at the same time. Two beanpoles with no offensive game(neither of them have any offensive go to move) at all is not good for us next year. At least AB brings ability to block shots to us. KF doesn't really bring much to the table. I would love to keep him as an energy guy off the bench or even back up AB at center if SE is not playing well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great news that Brimah will be back! @JimOllie I would expect Facey to start at the four (barring any other incoming help in that area) with Gilbert or Vital to come in when we go small.

This all depends on who improves and how good people are. If Larrier is the real deal and Facey is still the same then I see a small line up. Actually I was just going to start with the "ifs" there's way too many. It really does point to the improvement of people and how the freshman are. I know that if AB and KF are similar players to what they were they can't spend a lot of time on the court together - they may even start but the minutes together won't be many. Long time away - could be Diarra, Jackson or even Jackson. Maybe even Vital has something to say? Deep squad only gets deeper with JJ, stay tuned

Reaction Score
This all depends on who improves and how good people are. If Larrier is the real deal and Facey is still the same then I see a small line up. Actually I was just going to start with the "ifs" there's way too many. It really does point to the improvement of people and how the freshman are. I know that if AB and KF are similar players to what they were they can't spend a lot of time on the court together - they may even start but the minutes together won't be many. Long time away - could be Diarra, Jackson or even Jackson. Maybe even Vital has something to say? Deep squad only gets deeper with JJ, stay tuned
Hi mau, agree you never know what happens. If Diarra kills it in practice early he might earn the spot, or Vance, or Ollie may decide to play three guards all the time if Gilbert lights it up. If they played a game today I would expect Facey to start at the four. We are hard on him but he does show some flashes. If they asked him to actually look for some shots could he do it? He seems to be content almost being the accessory player. He does rebound well offensively. Or Enoch at the 4 if he improves dramatically and can score which he also showed a little aptitude for? We have a lot of question marks. I think it is going to be interesting and frustrating. But I like young teams, they're fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom