Americans Abroad | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Johnson came on as a sub for M'gladbach and played well inn their2-1 win over Leverkusen.
Wood scored in his Hamburg debut in their 1-1 draw.
Link

Reaction Score
Add Liverpool to a possible destination for Pulisic. Not sure I like the move as I can't see how he gets much PT there....

Christian Pulisic subject of £11 million offer from Liverpool - reports

He should stay put. Dortmund knows that will get 2-3 times more next year or even this winter. Plus, they are in three competitions and it's a chance to play Champions League.

He's a regular in the 18 for one of the top six clubs in the world as a 17 year old. He's a shiny object and basically is what Martin Odegard wishes he could be. This is just a start with the offers.

Reaction Score
With all the Sunderland talk, just a plug for Lyndon Gooch starting the first 3 games. Knew his name but made the first team out of no where.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With all the Sunderland talk, just a plug for Lyndon Gooch starting the first 3 games. Knew his name but made the first team out of no where.

And he was man of the match for his team in their second game.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Pulisic is on the U.S. U-19 team roster coming to play in Serbia this week, along with Danny Barbir, Matt Olosunde, Josh Perez, and Haji Wright. They all play in Europe and I may head up to Subotica to see them on Thursday. Any of these guys special besides Pulisic?

Reaction Score
Pulisic is on the U.S. U-19 team roster coming to play in Serbia this week, along with Danny Barbir, Matt Olosunde, Josh Perez, and Haji Wright. They all play in Europe and I may head up to Subotica to see them on Thursday. Any of these guys special besides Pulisic?

Haji Wright was with the Cosmos (Mainly to escape the clutches of MLS) last season but signed with European club.

Where did you see the full roster?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Haji Wright was with the Cosmos (Mainly to escape the clutches of MLS) last season but signed with European club.

Where did you see the full roster?
Folks I work with here had it. Here it is:

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate Hometown Club
Arellano, Hugo D 6'2 170 03/05/98 Norwalk, CA Los Angeles Galaxy
Barbir, Danny D 6'4 185 01/31/98 Allentown, PA West Bromwich Albion
Barry, Habib M 6'4 170 09/20/98 Seattle, WA Seattle Sounders FC
Calvillo, Eric M 5'7 145 01/02/98 Palmdale, CA New York Cosmos
Da Silva, Pierre M 5'10 150 07/28/98 Port Chester, N.Y. Orlando City SC
Dieterich, Tanner D 6'1 164 05/04/98 Nashville, TN Clemson
Golan, Sam D 6'3 175 10/13/98 Great Falls, VA Loudoun Soccer Club
Hernandez, Felipe GK 5'7 132 06/08/98 Murfreesboro, TN Sporting KC
Mihailovic, Djordje M 5'11 147 11/10/98 Bridgeview, IL Chicago Fire
Munjoma, Eddie D 5'10 147 07/18/98 McKinney, TX FC Dallas
Nelson, John D 5'9 146 07/11/98 Medina, OH Internationals SC
Olosunde, Matt D 6'1 155 03/07/98 Trenton, N.J. Manchester United
Ozeri, Adam M 6'0 160 03/07/98 New York, N.Y. Club Atletico Banfield
Perez, Josh M 5'7 155 01/21/98 La Habra, CA ACF Fiorentina
Pulisic, Will GK 6'2 172 04/16/98 Mechanicsville, VA Borussia Dortmund
Rice, Elijah F 5'9 155 02/18/98 Las Vegas, NV Washington
Shutler, Colin GK 6'0 170 08/02/98 Broadlands, VA Virginia
Vazquez, Brandon F 6'3 190 10/14/98 Chula Vista, CA Club Tijuana
Wright, Haji F 03/27/98 Los Angeles, CA Schalke '04
Zubak, Ethan F 6'3 170 04/15/98 Los Angeles, CA LA Galaxy

Reaction Score

From the roster posted below, that's the wrong Pulisic. It's a brother or cousin that was going to Duke and then Dortmund brought him in. He's a keeper, not a field player. Christian Pulisic is in camp with the senior team and presumably getting on a plane for the Caribbean Thursday.

Reaction Score
From the roster posted below, that's the wrong Pulisic. It's a brother or cousin that was going to Duke and then Dortmund brought him in. He's a keeper, not a field player. Christian Pulisic is in camp with the senior team and presumably getting on a plane for the Caribbean Thursday.

Good catch ... but seeing as Klinsmann was more worried about cap tying Pulisic vs helping the U23's qualify for the olympics, I'll wait until I see him board the plane ... :cool:

Reaction Score

He was also the keeper in the U-17 WC. That's a decent list of clubs in there. I'd love to know why the Cosmos Academy is so appealing.

Reaction Score
Good catch ... but seeing as Klinsmann was more worried about cap tying Pulisic vs helping the U23's qualify for the olympics, I'll wait until I see him board the plane ... :cool:

I am not a Klinsman fan at all, but accusing him of not letting Pulisic play for the under 23s as only wanting to cap tie him, as opposed to the first priority being to qualify for the World Cup is more than a little bit conspiratorial, don't you think?

Reaction Score
I find it funny that people actually care about Olympic Soccer, at least on the men's side.

Reaction Score
I find it funny that people actually care about Olympic Soccer, at least on the men's side.

BL - Pulisic himself admitted they had discussions about the U23's ... but Klinsmann decided it was time to integrate him into the senior squad. Based on the playing time Pulisic received in the Copa America ... it's pretty obvious what Klinsmann was doing. But you can debate Klinsmann's fear ... especially since Pulisic needed a Croatian passport to join BVB and the Croatian technical director started to lobby for him.

Zoo - I care about the development of US soccer players ... I'm not a fan of that specific tournament. If the Olympic tournament presents an opportunity to fulfill that goal, use it.

Reaction Score
BL - Pulisic himself admitted they had discussions about the U23's ... but Klinsmann decided it was time to integrate him into the senior squad. Based on the playing time Pulisic received in the Copa America ... it's pretty obvious what Klinsmann was doing. But you can debate Klinsmann's fear ... especially since Pulisic needed a Croatian passport to join BVB and the Croatian technical director started to lobby for him.

Zoo - I care about the development of US soccer players ... I'm not a fan of that specific tournament. If the Olympic tournament presents an opportunity to fulfill that goal, use it.

There was like zero chance that Pulisic would have chosen Croatia. This isn't a Neven Subotic or even a Guiseppe Rossi situation. And I would have no problem if he never played another minute for one of the junior national teams. He'll be the best player at his position on the MNT depth chart before long.

There was no reason to bring Pulisic on as a sub for most of the Copa matches. In most of those matches we were leading and we just needed to finish the match. I think he only really appeared in the matches we lost when we needed goals late.

Reaction Score
Miazga loaned out to Chelsea's usual dumping ground, Vitesse. Chelsea now has 38 players out on loan. Nice move Matt.

No word on Gedion Zelalem. I think he is in Julian Green situation and he needs his body to develop before he breaks through.

Emerson Hyndman is in Bournemouth. But they just signed Jack Wilshere on loan. I have no idea which part of the midfield that they want Hyndman in, but that can't be good for him. For now, he just needs to get healthy.

Reaction Score
Miazga loaned out to Chelsea's usual dumping ground, Vitesse. Chelsea now has 38 players out on loan. Nice move Matt.

No word on Gedion Zelalem. I think he is in Julian Green situation and he needs his body to develop before he breaks through.

Emerson Hyndman is in Bournemouth. But they just signed Jack Wilshere on loan. I have no idea which part of the midfield that they want Hyndman in, but that can't be good for him. For now, he just needs to get healthy.

Chelsea would sign every player in the world if they could...

There was talk that Zelalem was going to be loaned by Arsenal to Bolton, not sure if that happened.

Wilshere is not going back to Arsenal, just no room for him. Best guess is that will be a permanent move or if Bournemouth is relegated after the season, he will latch on to another team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Chelsea would sign every player in the world if they could...

There was talk that Zelalem was going to be loaned by Arsenal to Bolton, not sure if that happened.

Wilshere is not going back to Arsenal, just no room for him. Best guess is that will be a permanent move or if Bournemouth is relegated after the season, he will latch on to another team.
Don't think Zelalem went anywhere.

I think Wilshere will depend on what he does at Bournemouth and what Cazorla does at Arsenal.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom