Americans Abroad | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
Pulisic scores his first Bundeskiga goal to open the scoring.
Zelalem converts a PK during shootout, helping Rangers upset Cektic in Scottish Cup semi-final.

If Landon Donovan actually wanted to play soccer then his name would be Christian Pulisic.

Reaction Score
If Landon Donovan actually wanted to play soccer then his name would be Christian Pulisic.

Yes, he slept with your wife and sucks, we get it. Do you realize that your obsession with Donovan actually reflect on you at this point.

I would be thrilled to see Pulisic have the international career that Landon Donoval had. When he gets 50% there, wake me up.

Reaction Score
Yes, he slept with your wife and sucks, we get it. Do you realize that your obsession with Donovan actually reflect on you at this point.

I would be thrilled to see Pulisic have the international career that Landon Donoval had. When he gets 50% there, wake me up.

Pulisic will have the international career that Donovan should have had.

Reaction Score
Pulisic will have the international career that Donovan should have had.

Remember Freedy Adu? Pulisic isn't even 18 yet. Let's give the kid some time to develop at the club level and on the USMNT before we anoint him as the next coming of (insert name).

As for Donovan, personality quirks and other issues aside, for better or worse, he is still one of the best US soccer players in history.

Reaction Score
Remember Freedy Adu? Pulisic isn't even 18 yet. Let's give the kid some time to develop at the club level and on the USMNT before we anoint him as the next coming of (insert name).

As for Donovan, personality quirks and other issues aside, for better or worse, he is still one of the best US soccer players in history.

Agree 100% on both points!

Reaction Score

Freddy Adu debuted with DC United.

CP is playing regularly with the second biggest club in Germany and one of the most visible clubs in Europe. And it's not even close to a gimmick like Freddy was.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone catch Landycakes Heineken commercial that played all weekend? Yeesh.

Reaction Score
Bringing it back on point... it was a great weekend for a VERY young Pulisic. He is the age of most HS juniors/seniors, and he scored a goal in his 7th ever Bundesliga game. Almost as big as that, they played him the full 90 minutes, so his fitness and strength is getting to a world class level. That is massive. I think he will be a big damn deal for USMNT in the future. He is not a project (Adu, Green, etc..., he is match fit).

Would like to see Zelalem start scoring goals from the run of play for Rangers. Read an article that he is the ONLY field player for Rangers who has yet to score from run of play, all season. Does have some assists though. That said, he was their 4th selected PK taker in the shootout, which shows confidence... as not only was it a semi-final Cup match, but even bigger point is it was against the most bitter of rivals (the Old Firm derby makes a Yankees v Red Sox rivalry look more like a Civil ConFLiCT in comparison). Good for him. Hoping Rangers will play him a full 90 now that they've already clinched promotion, and clinched a spot in Scottish Cup final. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Bringing it back on point... it was a great weekend for a VERY young Pulisic. He is the age of most HS juniors/seniors, and he scored a goal in his 7th ever Bundesliga game. Almost as big as that, they played him the full 90 minutes, so his fitness and strength is getting to a world class level. That is massive. I think he will be a big damn deal for USMNT in the future. He is not a project (Adu, Green, etc..., he is match fit).

Would like to see Zelalem start scoring goals from the run of play for Rangers. Read an article that he is the ONLY field player for Rangers who has yet to score from run of play, all season. Does have some assists though. That said, he was their 4th selected PK taker in the shootout, which shows confidence... as not only was it a semi-final Cup match, but even bigger point is it was against the most bitter of rivals (the Old Firm derby makes a Yankees v Red Sox rivalry look more like a Civil ConFLiCT in comparison). Good for him. Hoping Rangers will play him a full 90 now that they've already clinched promotion, and clinched a spot in Scottish Cup final. Time will tell.

Don't forget Hyndman. He's a touch older, but he is pretty much Michael Bradley's successor.

Hyndman, Pulisic and Zelalem are the model. Signed by prestigious European Academies at a young age. Equipped to deal with the challenges of soccer across the pond, and they actually want to play soccer.

We've had our share European washouts because our scouting is deeply flawed. Mentally, those three players are different than the Altidores. These guys are basically Clint Dempsey type players who escaped college soccer.

Reaction Score

Pulisic scores again and my Twitter basically broke. He started opposite Marco Reus. And then they switched sides. But let's keep those Freddy Adu comparisons rolling.

Reaction Score
I didn't see any of the highlights yet, but from reading the "live ticker" on Fotmob Pulisic had a very good game, even beyond the goal. Good for him. A little confidence and a lot of big game experience will go a long way in his maturity. Really hope he gets meaningful minutes this summer for USMNT.

Reaction Score
No way is left of the CA roster now. And Dortmund is in Champions League next season. It's not even like its a matter of him holding together till the end of the season. There are like 4 games left.

Reaction Score
I didn't see any of the highlights yet, but from reading the "live ticker" on Fotmob Pulisic had a very good game, even beyond the goal. Good for him. A little confidence and a lot of big game experience will go a long way in his maturity. Really hope he gets meaningful minutes this summer for USMNT.

That's a great app. I was doing the same thing. Thanks for mentioning it on here.

Reaction Score
Pulisic scores again and my Twitter basically broke. He started opposite Marco Reus. And then they switched sides. But let's keep those Freddy Adu comparisons rolling.

Which means that JK will have him play left back for the next USMT match :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Anyone but Brek. And Pulisic does things off the ball I can't recall another American doing at the top - he's fun to watch and should START at Copa America

Reaction Score
Bobby Wood just signed with Hamburg. That puts him, Pulisic, Johnson, and Chandler (assuming Frankfurt wins their relegation playoff v Nurmberg) in Bundesliga (am I forgetting anyone in top league? I know Green is in Bundesliga 2).

Reaction Score
Bobby Wood just signed with Hamburg. That puts him, Pulisic, Johnson, and Chandler (assuming Frankfurt wins their relegation playoff v Nurmberg) in Bundesliga (am I forgetting anyone in top league? I know Green is in Bundesliga 2).
Brooks Plays in Berlin, and Alfredo Morales plays in Ingolstadt. I think there are few players from the U23 who play in the Bundesliga 2, but I'm not sure.

Reaction Score

Green is still on the roster of the first team but is a starter for the reserves. He plays on the Bayern München II team which actually currently plays in a fourth division Bavarian Regional league (Regionalliga Bayern).

Reserve teams in Germany are not even allowed to play in a division any higher than 3rd division, even if one earns a top placing in the third division that would normally mean promotion (the highest next placing non-reserve team would take its place for promotion). Also the number of reserve teams in the 3rd division is restricted. The Germans instituted these protections for the smaller clubs rather than have the reserve teams play in a separate reserve team league. Many say it makes a bit of a mockery of the promotion system, but it has been decided that the reserves get better competition playing in regular leagues. You just know the Germans have some wildly over-engineered process for designing this system.

Reaction Score
Sunderland wants to make Yedlin's loan deal permanent. That would be good for him, as he'd start regularly and get 60-90 minutes a match.

Interested to see what Spurs do. They'll need quality depth with Champions League and Cup play in addition to EPL.

Reaction Score
Sunderland wants to make Yedlin's loan deal permanent. That would be good for him, as he'd start regularly and get 60-90 minutes a match.

Interested to see what Spurs do. They'll need quality depth with Champions League and Cup play in addition to EPL.

While Spurs will have to almost entirely rebuild its roster below the starters to compete, the backup RB (Trippier) did fine last year, and Kyle Walker had a great year and will play for England in the Euros. I'm not sure Yedlin factors into their plans (and I'd hate to see Yedlin sit behind Walker and only start on weekdays).

Reaction Score
Emerson Hyndman just signed a four year deal with Bournemouth.

Reaction Score
Curious to see what happens with Yedlin. He's been crediting Big Sam as a very positive influence on his progression, so another year there wouldn't be the worst thing for him. Glad to see EH get a PL contract. Makes for 4 USAers in the Prem now by my tally
Yedlin
Hyndman
Cameron
Miazga

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members