"American is part of P5, ACC is not" | The Boneyard

"American is part of P5, ACC is not"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
quote from Greg McElroy on the radio this morning. I know we all want to be a part of ACC/B1G, myself included, but it's really fun to see what was at first a conglomeration of schools that had nothing in common and a national laughing stock turn into a really competitive league, especially in football. Every program save maybe Tulane has made the commitment in terms of facilities, staff, budget, etc to make this a top shelf league. Really fun to see it starting to pay off.

Reaction Score
Tulane has a nice new stadium, and from what I understand they are not hurting for money. Last I knew their president was a former UConn football player. I am thoroughly impressed that we have 3 schools in the Top 25. It is not a bad football league by any means. It is at least the equal of the Big East and at least this year, far better than any G5 league top to bottom.

That said it is still a "conglomeration of schools". Every school in the conference is simply playing the cards dealt, but every single school is yearning to be in a P5 league, because well... everyone knows why.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Show me the money.

Yup. If we're stuck in this crapfest of a conference for a while, at least get the top schools like UConn some more dough. It won't be anywhere near P5 money but even $10M/yr would be better. With our brand and AD revenue, that could stop the bleeding until we get into the B1G.

Reaction Score
Our conference is becoming clearly a better football conference than basketball conference. In terms of football the ACC other than Clemson and maybe Florida State are is better than us and maybe this year a bit weaker.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Are we still getting Big East exit money to keep us solid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom